Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    DID THEY REALLY JUST INTERRUPT THE GAME WITH TWO MINUTES TO GO? I was watching this to escape from the reality of the world...
    Wanker wanker wanker wanker crap.

DID THEY REALLY JUST INTERRUPT THE GAME WITH TWO MINUTES TO GO? I was watching this to escape from the reality of the world...
    Same thing happened to me last weekend. I've been actively working SO HARD to limit exactly what news I watch, and it interrupts my only semblance of escapism.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Same thing happened to me last weekend. I've been actively working SO HARD to limit exactly what news I watch, and it interrupts my only semblance of escapism.
    I’m disproportionately angry about this right now...

This game will be replayed again next Sunday on CBSSN, which is less likely to be interrupted for breaking news. So look at the bright side -- we have a whole week to wait in breathless suspense before finding out what happened in the last few minutes!

I’m disproportionately angry about this right now...
    I'm right there with you, was verbally cussing out the news guy during his obscenely long signoff after Trump finished.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    This game will be replayed again next Sunday on CBSSN, which is less likely to be interrupted for breaking news. So look at the bright side -- we have a whole week to wait in breathless suspense before finding out what happened in the last few minutes!
    But I’m in Canada and can’t get CBSSN...

But I’m in Canada and can’t get CBSSN...
    https://youtu.be/vtnnjR7jZlY

^ hope this helps

Haha I know I know... but it’s the principle of the matter!

Thank u cant believe Trump took a dump on our game.

Haha I know I know... but it’s the principle of the matter!
    I was pretty pissed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I was pretty pissed myself.
    It's giving me flashbacks to any time there was any amount of potential winter weather in the forecast when we had a game on CBS/WRAL.

one of the major problems with "breaking news" is that it's rarely breaking news.

I don't know who we have to thank for this, but a full replay of the Duke-Wisconsin 2015 National Championship game has been restored to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxSZKIOGqlE

Enjoy!

it was positively Heidiesque.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    it was positively Heidiesque.
    Maybe a little different since some of us knew how it ended yesterday😂. However, imagine us playing Final Four game this Saturday and breaking news interrupts at 2 min mark.

I don't know who we have to thank for this, but a full replay of the Duke-Wisconsin 2015 National Championship game has been restored to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxSZKIOGqlE

Enjoy!
    I didn't see it posted here, but the Duke / Wisconsin game is also on CBSN this coming Sunday 4/5 right after the Butler replay.

Quote Originally Posted by g4orce View Post
    I didn't see it posted here, but the Duke / Wisconsin game is also on CBSN this coming Sunday 4/5 right after the Butler replay.
    It was posted here, one page back

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Here's a link that shows what you can find on CBS and the CBS Sports Network over the next week or so. There are also several heartbreaking Duke tournament losses on rotation on CBSSN so be careful of that.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...tourney-games/

Some highlights (most of these games are shown multiple times, so check the link for full listings if you can't watch at one of the times listed below). There is some excellent game action next Saturday, be sure to DVR that and maybe get a commemorative tattoo.

CBS (Sunday 3/29)
    4 p.m. -- 2010 NCAA Basketball National Championship: Butler vs. Duke

CBS Sports Network/CBSSN (Wednesday 4/1)
    9 p.m. -- 2015 National Championship: Duke vs. Wisconsin
    11 p.m. -- 2001 National Semifinal: Duke vs. Maryland

CBS Sports Network/CBSSN (Thursday 4/2)
    3 a.m. -- 2015 National Championship: Duke vs. Wisconsin
    10 a.m. -- 2015 National Championship: Duke vs. Wisconsin
    7 p.m. -- 2001 National Semifinal: Duke vs. Maryland

CBS Sports Network/CBSSN (Friday 4/3)
    1 a.m. -- 2001 National Semifinal: Duke vs. Maryland
    10 a.m. -- 2001 National Semifinal: Duke vs. Maryland

CBS Sports Network/CBSSN (Saturday 4/4)
    1 a.m. -- 2016 National Championship: Villanova vs. North Carolina
    11 a.m. -- 2016 National Championship: Villanova vs. North Carolina

CBS Sports Network/CBSSN (Sunday 4/5)
    4 p.m. -- 2010 National Championship: Duke vs. Butler
    6 p.m. -- 2015 National Championship: Duke vs. Wisconsin
    9 p.m. -- 1983 National Championship: NC State vs. Houston

CBS Sports Network/CBSSN (Monday 4/6)
    1 a.m. -- 2010 National Championship: Duke vs. Butler
    3 a.m. -- 2015 National Championship: Duke vs. Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

11 p.m. -- 2001 National Semifinal: Duke vs. Maryland

7 p.m. -- 2001 National Semifinal: Duke vs. Maryland

1 a.m. -- 2001 National Semifinal: Duke vs. Maryland

10 a.m. -- 2001 National Semifinal: Duke vs. Maryland
    Without a single doubt in my shriveled, dark soul, this is probably my favorite game of any NCAA tournament ever. To be down so bad at the half, to watch Duhon crack his skull so loudly it was heard in the second tier seats, and to watch Duke ROAR back from our seats under the visitors basket, wow, still gives me the thrills.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Great ESPN article on Duke-Butler done by Jeff Borzello. Quick snippets from a bunch of players and coaches. Fun read.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...biggest-moment

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Without a single doubt in my shriveled, dark soul, this is probably my favorite game of any NCAA tournament ever. To be down so bad at the half, to watch Duhon crack his skull so loudly it was heard in the second tier seats, and to watch Duke ROAR back from our seats under the visitors basket, wow, still gives me the thrills.
    Must spread blah blah.. Love your post Weezie.. You stirred memories. I do love the game you chose.

That morning they discovered along with his heart issues that my Dad had a fast moving cancer in his lungs that the previous Doctor missed.

I remember leaving the hospital, and watching the game with my best friend and his evental wife, who is a diehard Duke fan. I think Duke was already down 10-2 or something like that when I walked in. It is a long time ago and I have learned my memory is not as good as perhaps I once thought it to be but I don't remember thinking we were out of it. I do recall telling them we all had to switch seats and I made them. All of you are welcome. And the Duke Arizona game to follow was a great game to watch.

My Mom, who didn't know a block from a charge loved Duke Basketball and Coach K. My Dad passed soon after & I wrote Coack K and shared for a few hours that Saturday and Monday my mom had Duke basketball to distract her from watching her husband of almost 60 years fade away. My son, was 14 at the time and he had made me promise that if Duke won it all we would go to the celebration in Cameron the next day. He had heard me talk often of going in 92. We left that morning and Mom told Dad. Billy & Micah were so happy, Honey. That was their name for each other. I could count on one had the times I can recall hearing them use their real names.

It seems a month passed and I received a very personal letter from Coach K. I have it somewhere. I remember him writing. 59 years of marriage.. Wow!

Thanks again.. Weezie.

What is the salty discharge?