Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by revmel53 View Post
    Is there a way to know ahead of time when Duke plays on reruns, rather than in game notification?
    According to AT&T U-Verse (times Eastern):

LAX Richmond (2/28/20)
    Sun 5/24 12am ESPNU

LAX Notre Dame (5/31/10 championship)
    Mon 5/25 12pm ACCN

LAX Notre Dame (5/26/14 championship)
    Mon 5/25 12pm ESPNU
    Mon 5/25 2pm ACCN
    Tue 5/26 12am ESPNU

LAX Yale (5/28/18 championship)
    Mon 5/25 8pm ESPNU
    Tue 5/26 8am ESPNU

MBB NC State (1/23/91)
    Wed 5/27 12am ACCN
    Wed 5/27 12pm ACCN

MBB Wake (2/2/05)
    Fri 5/29 10am ESPNU

just got through watching the 1st duke/heels game from this year...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

July 10: 8-10 pm

cheaters visit Cameron... Andre Dawkins, Jabari Parker, Amile, etc. Good times!
    ESPNU

Alana Beard Day on ACCN

Today is Alana Beard day on ACCN, with a new doc on her at 11:30 and her greatest games from 12p-10p followed by an encore of the documentary:

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...n-acc-network/
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

2010 Butler

I just completed the 2010 games that I have in my library. That championship game is my least favorite & I still get tight down the stretch. After the way we played against WV I was convinced that we would win not easy, but by 7-10 points. I kept waiting for us to pull away down the stretch. I don't even like to think about how close that half court shot came to going in. Coach K would still be answering questions about it if it would have & I would be having nightmares ten years later. Is that possible that was ten years ago? 3 seniors & 2 juniors in the starting line up.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    I just completed the 2010 games that I have in my library. That championship game is my least favorite & I still get tight down the stretch. After the way we played against WV I was convinced that we would win not easy, but by 7-10 points. I kept waiting for us to pull away down the stretch. I don't even like to think about how close that half court shot came to going in. Coach K would still be answering questions about it if it would have & I would be having nightmares ten years later. Is that possible that was ten years ago? 3 seniors & 2 juniors in the starting line up.
    Don't forget the tooth-rattling illegal screen to set that last shot up.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    The last 5 minutes (well, 4:47 to be precise) are so unpleasant (but for the end). In that stretch, we went 0-3 from the field with 2 turnovers, with each of Singler, Scheyer, and Smith missing late in the shot clock jumpers (my memory has them all being short, but that may be flawed). Our 3 points in that stretch all came at the line - 2 for Nolan (after Zoubek had picked up an OR from the Scheyer miss referenced above) and the famous 1-2 from Zoubek. Thankfully the defense held Butler to 2-7, plus a turnover, over the same period.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Don't forget the tooth-rattling illegal screen to set that last shot up.

-jk
    Like Coach K said they weren't going to call that. It was a physical game. Lot of uncalled fouls both ways..

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    The last 5 minutes (well, 4:47 to be precise) are so unpleasant (but for the end). In that stretch, we went 0-3 from the field with 2 turnovers, with each of Singler, Scheyer, and Smith missing late in the shot clock jumpers (my memory has them all being short, but that may be flawed). Our 3 points in that stretch all came at the line - 2 for Nolan (after Zoubek had picked up an OR from the Scheyer miss referenced above) and the famous 1-2 from Zoubek. Thankfully the defense held Butler to 2-7, plus a turnover, over the same period.
    Shots were short for sure. When it was 56-51& I think we had the ball I was sure that was our time...turnover..Down to the last second.

I watched a study once on how close that shot was to going in. I think the verdict was 3 inches to the left too much.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    Today is Alana Beard day on ACCN, with a new doc on her at 11:30 and her greatest games from 12p-10p followed by an encore of the documentary:

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...n-acc-network/
    I recorded a couple of these and just watched the 2002 Game at uncheat.

That was quite a team - Beard, Tillis, Currie, Gringrich, Krapohl et al.
    Duke WBB used to be exciting!

Duke UVA 2002 Replay

Just watched this game on ESPN.
    Mike Patrick is prescient in commenting on Duke's FT woes that season, saying that it might cost them later in the season. It did, of course, in the IU game in the tourney.
    Interestingly, Pete Gillen picked up a Technical foul in the game and Carlos Boozer took the free throws (best on the team, %75).

My AT&T U-verse description follows.

Tonight (Tuesday 7/21) at 9-10pm ET on the Big Ten Network

Original air date: 03/11/1984

“Maryland Basketball Classic” - Maryland Terrapins at Duke Blue Devils from Cameron Indoor Stadium. Len Bias and No. 14 Maryland face Johnny Dawkins and No. 16 Duke.

How many errors can you find? I found four.

I watched Senior Day for Kyle & Nolan yesterday. There is another thread about Duke players improving & at one point during the game they posted Nolan's improvement each year in scoring, rebounding & assists.

But guess who was commentating? Len Elmore. I know we can all get a little into the mindset that announcers are against Duke or biased. Personally, I think Billy Packer gets a bad rap for fueling the Duke hatred by his comments about officiating during the Duke Zona championship. He didn't say Duke was getting all the calls. He said the perception of the fans was that Duke got calls against Maryland and the neutral fans had turned against Duke. Or that is my take.

But Len is something else, even in his parting shot as the game concluded, he said something to the effect that Clemson was not able to overcome the calls against them. He always seemed silent to me when Duke got a bad call but was always quick to point out when he perceived Duke got a favorable call.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

“Maryland Basketball Classic” - Maryland Terrapins at Duke Blue Devils from Cameron Indoor Stadium. Len Bias and No. 14 Maryland face Johnny Dawkins and No. 16 Duke.

Well done, everybody. Appreciate the effort.

The errors:

Spoiler!

Also, I learned how to pronounce "Meagher" and I saw Johnny Dawkins do this (go to about the 18:30 mark):

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

If only the ACC Tournament was held in Cameron.

Duke MD ACCT 1984

Really interesting offering for this one.
    They shortened the game down to 1 hour (including commercials) and so it was a real quick watch.
    I only started watching in the 1990s and so (this might sound criminal) I have never really seen Johnny Dawkins play, outside of short clips.
    I was amazed at how small he was, but with incredibly long arms. I realize this is all obvious to folks who saw those teams play.
    It was remarkable how he could get his shot off, with that long arc, and how devastating he was in transition.
    Dan Meagher had a good game, after dropping like 4 straight passes in the 1st half.
    No 3 point line: things seem SO cramped.
    Len Bias dominated in this game, as a sophomore, amazing that he would stay 2 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by powellhill1981 View Post
    Really interesting offering for this one.
    They shortened the game down to 1 hour (including commercials) and so it was a real quick watch.
    I only started watching in the 1990s and so (this might sound criminal) I have never really seen Johnny Dawkins play, outside of short clips.
    I was amazed at how small he was, but with incredibly long arms. I realize this is all obvious to folks who saw those teams play.
    It was remarkable how he could get his shot off, with that long arc, and how devastating he was in transition.
    Dan Meagher had a good game, after dropping like 4 straight passes in the 1st half.
    No 3 point line: things seem SO cramped.
    Len Bias dominated in this game, as a sophomore, amazing that he would stay 2 more years.
    Duke had a pretty thin team in 1984. The day before they had stunned North Carolina-Jordan, Perkins, Daugherty, et. al.--in the semis and they were running on fumes the next day.

Adam Rowe
    @AdamRoweTDD
    Duke's taking over the ACC Network on Wednesday: https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ver-149564334/ via
    @TheDevilsDen

Included is Thad Lewis's great game at NCS in 2009 and the wonderful Duke-Maryland ACC semi-final in 2001.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Adam Rowe
    @AdamRoweTDD
    Duke's taking over the ACC Network on Wednesday: https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ver-149564334/ via
    @TheDevilsDen

Included is Thad Lewis's great game at NCS in 2009 and the wonderful Duke-Maryland ACC semi-final in 2001.
    This is fantastic...that game was an absolute blast.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Adam Rowe
    @AdamRoweTDD
    @TheDevilsDen

Hate to double post, but just a friendly reminder for the Duke ACC Network takeover.

10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: ACC Traditions: Duke
    10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: 2018 Men's Lacrosse: Duke vs. North Carolina
    12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: 2019 Football: Duke vs. Miami
    3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.: 2009 Football: Duke vs. NC State
    6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.: 2007 Women's Basketball: Duke vs. Tennessee
    8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: Authentic ACC: Blue Devil Rewind
    8:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.: 2019 Men's Basketball: Duke vs. North Carolina
    10:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.: 2001 Men's Basketball: Duke vs. Maryland (ACC Tournament Semifinals)