Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    This is a real blast from the past team...a ton of old favorites. Thad might be my favorite Duke player in my time as a fan.

Other fun names from this squad:
    Connor Vernon
    Donovan Varner
    Vincent Rey
    Jeff Faris (not a major contributor, at least this year, but has gone on to be a solid coach!)
    Re'quan Boyette
    Jay Hollingsworth (a sentimental favorite of mine)
    Dez Scott
    Dave Harding
    Vince Oghobaase
    Ross Cockrell
    Leon Wright

I guess I shouldn't literally list the entire roster, so I'll leave it at that, but definitely a heck of a roster there. And we absolutely poured it on in this game against State, anyone who missed it or has forgotten should tune in.

Just tuned in to the game, I am going to enjoy this one. I was still in Japan in 2009 so I listened to this one on the radio.
    Bob Green

I attended this game with my NC State grad brother in law - awesome performance by Thad and our offense. So many weapons on this team. NCS had beaten us 11 times in a row.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

This guy had a pretty good game. I sat beside him at the Duke Miami game in Cameron in 2019.

CH AND CONNER VERNON 2019.jpg
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I attended this game with my NC State grad brother in law - awesome performance by Thad and our offense. So many weapons on this team. NCS had beaten us 11 times in a row.
    Varner with big catch after big catch. Dez Scott making key plays as a freshman. This game was fun! (And this is about where the fun really​ starts!)

Thad Lewis was an amazingly accurate passer! This team had lots of quality receivers.
    Bob Green

Such a lucky bounce on that Duke punt the hit the NCS player in the back and set up the Conner Vernon td catch to give Duke a 42-28 lead.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Thad Lewis was an amazingly accurate passer! This team had lots of quality receivers.
    Yeah, what a great game for Thad!

He was way better than that NC State QB -- old what's-his-name

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Yeah, what a great game for Thad!

He was way better than that NC State QB -- old what's-his-name
    LMAO.

The stuff about replacing the entire field after the U2 concert like a day before is actually pretty cool, I had forgotten all about that.

If you stayed tuned after the football game, you’re now enjoying the 2007 women’s game at Tennessee (the one with the 19-0 run to open the game).

Duke Davidson 2007 on ESPNU...about 7 minutes left in the second half.

What an interesting mix of players on the floor.

Duke vs Cheats at the Hill on ACC network - 1988 version. Don’t remember how the game turns out, but do recall a triple crown about this time😀

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Duke vs Cheats at the Hill on ACC network - 1988 version. Don’t remember how the game turns out, but do recall a triple crown about this time😀
    I didn't remember how it ended either. Austin Rivers at the Hill follows it.

1995- Double OT Thriller

Watching the replay, two thoughts:
    1) Dickie V and Mike Patrick do a DEEP dive into Greg Newton's academic improprieties. Feels kind of icky the entire time, cannot quite put my finger on it.
    2) Dickie V's comp for Rasheed Wallace is....... Alonzo Mourning. I feel like they are completely different players on and off the court.

Duke - Georgetown at the Capitol Center 12-15-90 is currently airing on ESPNU.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Georgetown wins a physical dog fight 79-74. Laettner was an unbelievable 5-25 for the game. Wow.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

It’s not exactly on tv, but the main board has a link to the 2010 Duke-WVU Semifinals game in Indy. (For those of you who don’t check the main board frequently enough.)

Saw the Chicken Bowl game vs Texas A&M the other night, arguably the greatest half of offensive football Duke has played...still disappointed Cut went for a FG from about the one foot non-line, we'd blown them off the ball the entire half. Ack.
    Six drives, five TDs, a chip shot FG.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Saw the Chicken Bowl game vs Texas A&M the other night, arguably the greatest half of offensive football Duke has played...still disappointed Cut went for a FG from about the one foot non-line, we'd blown them off the ball the entire half. Ack.
    Six drives, five TDs, a chip shot FG.
    I would have liked to catch that one. Probably the only Duke loss (any sport) that I enjoy rewatching (and maybe the most fun I've ever had attending a football game in person except for perhaps the game against unc where Crowder had the fantastic last minute catch for the win). Agreed on the FG.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I would have liked to catch that one. Probably the only Duke loss (any sport) that I enjoy rewatching (and maybe the most fun I've ever had attending a football game in person except for perhaps the game against unc where Crowder had the fantastic last minute catch for the win). Agreed on the FG.
    I couldn't bear to watch the second half since I saw it in person, once was enough.