Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 284
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Looks like Wake got a very good grad transfer from Houston Baptist - 6-4 guard Ian DuBose - originally from Durham and went to Ravenscroft. He averaged 19 points a game last year and has a career average of 6.2 rebounds per game. Danny Manning knows him well as he helped Houston Baptist upset Wake two years ago.

    https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...1df215bcc.html
    With this new transfer coming in, it looks like Manning is going to be around at least another year. Surprising.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Clifton, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    It is only an upset when Manning's Wake team wins a game.
    Too soon. Sad Face Emoji.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by wobatus View Post
    Leaving BC to transfer. He was an RSCI top 100 guy. Was a bit better this year but hasn't broken out.
    Hamilton to Terps.

    https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...51902512140288

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    I thought intra-conference transfers weren't allowed?

    ...never mind.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    I thought intra-conference transfers weren't allowed?

    ...never mind.
    There is not a single current Duke student who has any idea what you are talking about
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    There is not a single current Duke student who has any idea what you are talking about
    Lucky them...

  7. #67
    1980 ACC Tournament Championship in snowy Greensboro:

    T-E-R-P-S, terps

    J-E-R-K-S, Jerks !

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    1980 ACC Tournament Championship in snowy Greensboro:

    T-E-R-P-S, terps

    J-E-R-K-S, Jerks !
    That's not how I remember it, and I'm not sure I can post it here. The last time was T-*-R-*-S, T*r*s.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    1980 ACC Tournament Championship in snowy Greensboro:

    T-E-R-P-S, terps

    J-E-R-K-S, Jerks !
    Love this memory...I was a ballboy that year, was at the tourny work my parents. 12 yrs old, staying at the hyatt, along with the team. In other words... In heaven, until we lost... Then in heartbreak city, until we got snowed in, at a hotel with an indoor pool.. Back in heaven, splashing around with Vince and Eugene. Learned right then that loving your team meant more than winning.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by fgb View Post
    Love this memory...I was a ballboy that year, was at the tourny work my parents. 12 yrs old, staying at the hyatt, along with the team. In other words... In heaven, until we lost... Then in heartbreak city, until we got snowed in, at a hotel with an indoor pool.. Back in heaven, splashing around with Vince and Eugene. Learned right then that loving your team meant more than winning.
    Uhhh... We won the ACC championship in 1980.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Uhhh... We won the ACC championship in 1980.
    "Forget it. He's rolling."

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    in a sign of the times, the incoming Univ. of Vermont class (very good program) consists of three transfers (including Alex Murphy's brother, he of the Transferring Murphys) and one high school kid.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    As some folks suggested in the Darius Perry thread, we need a single unified place to talk about transfers and player movement around the NCAA. Obviously, folks should not feel the need to note every single transfer happening, merely ones that may be of interest to the ACC and perhaps other significant programs that we follow.

    Anyway, we have seen Va Tech lose Landers Nolley and Louisville lose Darius Perry in recent days (destinations still unknown). Please comment on those two transfers and other new ones in this thread going forward.

    Thanks!
    Landers Nolley II generated interest from more than 40 programs, but today he has trimmed his list to 11 finalists: Alabama, Connecticut, Georgetown, Maryland, Memphis, Mississippi, NC State, Oregon, Seton Hall, TCU, and Texas Tech. Pretty sure John Swofford will find a way to block NC State from an in-conference transfer.

    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    No Duke involvement as far as I know, but Trey Wertz, a 6-foot-4 guard from Charlotte with two years spent at Santa Clara, entered the transfer portal and is linked to about 30 teams, including 8 in the ACC: Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State, Notre Dame, UNC, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.
    The magic number must be 11, because Trey Wertz also has that many finalists: Arizona, Butler, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Virginia and Xavier.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    New tweet from Evan Daniels has removed us from the list of schools Griffin is considering.
    Update: Illinois transfer Alan Griffin commits to Syracuse

    Many rumors (mostly from Syracuse sources) about Patrick Tapé joining him, but for now:

    Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels

    There were rumblings that Columbia transfer Patrick Tape may make a college decision today, but he told me he needs more time to clear his head. One of top graduate transfers on the market.

    10:10 PM · Apr 4, 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    The magic number must be 11, because Trey Wertz also has that many finalists: Arizona, Butler, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Virginia and Xavier.
    This is like a damn pageant. Trey Wertz narrows his list to 7: Arizona, Butler, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Virginia.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Asheville
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Update: Illinois transfer Alan Griffin commits to Syracuse

    Many rumors (mostly from Syracuse sources) about Patrick Tapé joining him, but for now:

    Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels

    There were rumblings that Columbia transfer Patrick Tape may make a college decision today, but he told me he needs more time to clear his head. One of top graduate transfers on the market.

    10:10 PM · Apr 4, 2020



    This is like a damn pageant. Trey Wertz narrows his list to 7: Arizona, Butler, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Virginia.
    North Carolina? Don't they have three 5 star bigs coming in plus a couple returning from last year? Give me a break.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."
    -Thomas Jefferson

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    North Carolina? Don't they have three 5 star bigs coming in plus a couple returning from last year? Give me a break.
    ol' roy's gonna need a bigger bus ...

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Uhhh... We won the ACC championship in 1980.
    it was even better than i remember!

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    North Carolina? Don't they have three 5 star bigs coming in plus a couple returning from last year? Give me a break.
    Yes, but Trey Wertz is a guard, not a big.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Asheville
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yes, but Trey Wertz is a guard, not a big.
    Ahh, misread it. I thought it was Patrick Tape.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."
    -Thomas Jefferson

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    in a sign of the times, the incoming Univ. of Vermont class (very good program) consists of three transfers (including Alex Murphy's brother, he of the Transferring Murphys) and one high school kid.
    Link?

Similar Threads

  1. NFL 2020 Offseason Thread
    By A-Tex Devil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 04-29-2020, 08:17 AM
  2. Lacrosse: The 2020 Season
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 215
    Last Post: 04-14-2020, 11:13 PM
  3. 2019-2020 NBA Regular Season Thread
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 405
    Last Post: 03-14-2020, 04:01 PM
  4. 2020 International Basketball Thread
    By awhom111 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2020, 12:18 AM
  5. MBB: Emotions about the upcoming (2019-2020) season
    By slower in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 08-23-2019, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •