Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Looks like Wake got a very good grad transfer from Houston Baptist - 6-4 guard Ian DuBose - originally from Durham and went to Ravenscroft. He averaged 19 points a game last year and has a career average of 6.2 rebounds per game. Danny Manning knows him well as he helped Houston Baptist upset Wake two years ago.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...1df215bcc.html
    With this new transfer coming in, it looks like Manning is going to be around at least another year. Surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    It is only an upset when Manning's Wake team wins a game.
    Too soon. Sad Face Emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by wobatus View Post
    Leaving BC to transfer. He was an RSCI top 100 guy. Was a bit better this year but hasn't broken out.
    Hamilton to Terps.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...51902512140288

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    I thought intra-conference transfers weren't allowed?

...never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    I thought intra-conference transfers weren't allowed?

...never mind.
    There is not a single current Duke student who has any idea what you are talking about
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    There is not a single current Duke student who has any idea what you are talking about
    Lucky them...

1980 ACC Tournament Championship in snowy Greensboro:

T-E-R-P-S, terps

J-E-R-K-S, Jerks !

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post

T-E-R-P-S, terps

J-E-R-K-S, Jerks !
    That's not how I remember it, and I'm not sure I can post it here. The last time was T-*-R-*-S, T*r*s.

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post

T-E-R-P-S, terps

J-E-R-K-S, Jerks !
    Love this memory...I was a ballboy that year, was at the tourny work my parents. 12 yrs old, staying at the hyatt, along with the team. In other words... In heaven, until we lost... Then in heartbreak city, until we got snowed in, at a hotel with an indoor pool.. Back in heaven, splashing around with Vince and Eugene. Learned right then that loving your team meant more than winning.

Quote Originally Posted by fgb View Post
    Love this memory...I was a ballboy that year, was at the tourny work my parents. 12 yrs old, staying at the hyatt, along with the team. In other words... In heaven, until we lost... Then in heartbreak city, until we got snowed in, at a hotel with an indoor pool.. Back in heaven, splashing around with Vince and Eugene. Learned right then that loving your team meant more than winning.
    Uhhh... We won the ACC championship in 1980.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    "Forget it. He's rolling."

in a sign of the times, the incoming Univ. of Vermont class (very good program) consists of three transfers (including Alex Murphy's brother, he of the Transferring Murphys) and one high school kid.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    As some folks suggested in the Darius Perry thread, we need a single unified place to talk about transfers and player movement around the NCAA. Obviously, folks should not feel the need to note every single transfer happening, merely ones that may be of interest to the ACC and perhaps other significant programs that we follow.

Anyway, we have seen Va Tech lose Landers Nolley and Louisville lose Darius Perry in recent days (destinations still unknown). Please comment on those two transfers and other new ones in this thread going forward.

Thanks!
    Landers Nolley II generated interest from more than 40 programs, but today he has trimmed his list to 11 finalists: Alabama, Connecticut, Georgetown, Maryland, Memphis, Mississippi, NC State, Oregon, Seton Hall, TCU, and Texas Tech. Pretty sure John Swofford will find a way to block NC State from an in-conference transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    No Duke involvement as far as I know, but Trey Wertz, a 6-foot-4 guard from Charlotte with two years spent at Santa Clara, entered the transfer portal and is linked to about 30 teams, including 8 in the ACC: Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State, Notre Dame, UNC, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.
    The magic number must be 11, because Trey Wertz also has that many finalists: Arizona, Butler, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Virginia and Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    New tweet from Evan Daniels has removed us from the list of schools Griffin is considering.
    Update: Illinois transfer Alan Griffin commits to Syracuse

Many rumors (mostly from Syracuse sources) about Patrick Tapé joining him, but for now:

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels

There were rumblings that Columbia transfer Patrick Tape may make a college decision today, but he told me he needs more time to clear his head. One of top graduate transfers on the market.

10:10 PM · Apr 4, 2020

The magic number must be 11, because Trey Wertz also has that many finalists: Arizona, Butler, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Virginia and Xavier.
    This is like a damn pageant. Trey Wertz narrows his list to 7: Arizona, Butler, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Virginia.

Update: Illinois transfer Alan Griffin commits to Syracuse

Many rumors (mostly from Syracuse sources) about Patrick Tapé joining him, but for now:

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels

There were rumblings that Columbia transfer Patrick Tape may make a college decision today, but he told me he needs more time to clear his head. One of top graduate transfers on the market.

10:10 PM · Apr 4, 2020

This is like a damn pageant. Trey Wertz narrows his list to 7: Arizona, Butler, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Virginia.
    North Carolina? Don't they have three 5 star bigs coming in plus a couple returning from last year? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    North Carolina? Don't they have three 5 star bigs coming in plus a couple returning from last year? Give me a break.
    ol' roy's gonna need a bigger bus ...

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    it was even better than i remember!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Yes, but Trey Wertz is a guard, not a big.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yes, but Trey Wertz is a guard, not a big.
    Ahh, misread it. I thought it was Patrick Tape.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    in a sign of the times, the incoming Univ. of Vermont class (very good program) consists of three transfers (including Alex Murphy's brother, he of the Transferring Murphys) and one high school kid.
    Link?