Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Jairus Hamilton

Leaving BC to transfer. He was an RSCI top 100 guy. Was a bit better this year but hasn't broken out.

Quote Originally Posted by wobatus View Post
    Leaving BC to transfer. He was an RSCI top 100 guy. Was a bit better this year but hasn't broken out.
    Reminds me... isn’t about time for Derryck Thornton to transfer again?

Towns to Ohio St.

Oh well....

Towns just announced for Ohio State.

Sounds like the Columbus home town connection was important.

Various Duke insiders, like Adam Rowe (via twitter) have suggested that Duke did not offer a spot to Towns. Good for him/ESPN to make it a compelling sporting event when we are all starved for something, anything.

No Duke involvement as far as I know, but Trey Wertz, a 6-foot-4 guard from Charlotte with two years spent at Santa Clara, entered the transfer portal and is linked to about 30 teams, including 8 in the ACC: Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State, Notre Dame, UNC, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.

Ala Griffin Considering Duke

Jeff Goodman has a quick update on Alan Griffin, the Illinois SO G (6'5") and brother of Class of 2021 Duke commit AJ Griffin. The elder Griffin has an initial list of schools he is considering, including Duke.

Arizona, Dayton, Duke Iowa State, Marquette, Miami Texas, and Syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Jeff Goodman has a quick update on Alan Griffin, the Illinois SO G (6'5") and brother of Class of 2021 Duke commit AJ Griffin. The elder Griffin has an initial list of schools he is considering, including Duke.

Well, if playing on the East Coast is important to him (and his mother), our odds seem to be pretty good.

Johnny Juzang, a former top 50 recruit for UK, has entered the transfer portal

https://twitter.com/JohnnyJuzang/sta...473585664?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Johnny Juzang, a former top 50 recruit for UK, has entered the transfer portal

https://twitter.com/JohnnyJuzang/sta...473585664?s=20
    That's a surprising but not that surprising move. I guess I just didn't expect it. He had played pretty well this past year and earned PT. But Coach Cal is bringing in a bunch of athletic wings next year that play nearly the identical position. If I recall correctly, Juzang reclassified from the Class of 2020 to arrive in Lexington a year early. He outplayed the more highly-touted freshman Kahlil Whitney, who transferred midway through the season.

This is how it is, though. A player isn't going to speculate or spread rumors about leaving. They'll just announce it or their name will pop up in the transfer portal.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post

isn't the bigger question is if Duke is considering him?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    isn't the bigger question is if Duke is considering him?
    I don't know if Duke is considering him, but Griffin can definitely play. I watched Illinois several times this year, and he was a high impact player off the bench for a pretty good team with a lot of wing depth. Excellent shooter, strong rebounder and defender, though he doesn't have a great handle or create much offense.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    I don't know if Duke is considering him, but Griffin can definitely play. I watched Illinois several times this year, and he was a high impact player off the bench for a pretty good team with a lot of wing depth. Excellent shooter, strong rebounder and defender, though he doesn't have a great handle or create much offense.
    yeah, he's good, and we're after his brother evidently...guess it depends upon the decisions of Stanley and Hurt as to whether we are interested or not...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, he's good, and we're after his brother evidently...guess it depends upon the decisions of Stanley and Hurt as to whether we are interested or not...
    Just to clarify, we aren’t after Alan’s brother. His brother has already committed to Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Just to clarify, we aren’t after Alan’s brother. His brother has already committed to Duke.
    absolutely right, brain cramp mea culpa

New tweet from Evan Daniels has removed us from the list of schools Griffin is considering. I guess we had to show him the Griffin-door.

Evan Daniels
    @EvanDaniels
    Transfer Alan Griffin is looking at Arizona, Dayton, Iowa State, Miami, Syracuse and Texas. Averaged 8.9 PPG last season at Illinois.
    3:22 PM · Mar 29, 2020

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    New tweet from Evan Daniels has removed us from the list of schools Griffin is considering. I guess we had to show him the Griffin-door.
    That's probably for the best. Brothers playing on the same team never have had much success at Duke.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That's probably for the best. Brothers playing on the same team never have had much success at Duke.
    Griffin did some good things at Illinois and was an interesting 3-and-D wing in college. I really like his game. But Duke is projected to have a ton of options at the same spot in the next few years. AJ Griffin, for one, is going to start at Duke. In the Class of 2021, Duke is also hard after Max Christie and Trevor Keels. It's also possible that one or all three of Joey Baker, Wendell Moore, and DJ Steward could be on the team in 2021-22 and beyond. I just don't think Alan Griffin was going to hear that he had a decent shot at starting at Duke.

Looks like Wake got a very good grad transfer from Houston Baptist - 6-4 guard Ian DuBose - originally from Durham and went to Ravenscroft. He averaged 19 points a game last year and has a career average of 6.2 rebounds per game. Danny Manning knows him well as he helped Houston Baptist upset Wake two years ago.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...1df215bcc.html

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Looks like Wake got a very good grad transfer from Houston Baptist - 6-4 guard Ian DuBose - originally from Durham and went to Ravenscroft. He averaged 19 points a game last year and has a career average of 6.2 rebounds per game. Danny Manning knows him well as he helped Houston Baptist upset Wake two years ago.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...1df215bcc.html
    It is only an upset when Manning's Wake team wins a game.