Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 284
  1. #41

    Jairus Hamilton

    Leaving BC to transfer. He was an RSCI top 100 guy. Was a bit better this year but hasn't broken out.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by wobatus View Post
    Leaving BC to transfer. He was an RSCI top 100 guy. Was a bit better this year but hasn't broken out.
    Reminds me... isnít about time for Derryck Thornton to transfer again?

  3. #43
    Towns to Ohio St.

    Oh well....

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lewisville, NC
    Towns just announced for Ohio State.

    Sounds like the Columbus home town connection was important.

  5. #45
    Various Duke insiders, like Adam Rowe (via twitter) have suggested that Duke did not offer a spot to Towns. Good for him/ESPN to make it a compelling sporting event when we are all starved for something, anything.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    No Duke involvement as far as I know, but Trey Wertz, a 6-foot-4 guard from Charlotte with two years spent at Santa Clara, entered the transfer portal and is linked to about 30 teams, including 8 in the ACC: Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State, Notre Dame, UNC, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.

  7. #47

    Ala Griffin Considering Duke

    Jeff Goodman has a quick update on Alan Griffin, the Illinois SO G (6'5") and brother of Class of 2021 Duke commit AJ Griffin. The elder Griffin has an initial list of schools he is considering, including Duke.

    Arizona, Dayton, Duke Iowa State, Marquette, Miami Texas, and Syracuse

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Jeff Goodman has a quick update on Alan Griffin, the Illinois SO G (6'5") and brother of Class of 2021 Duke commit AJ Griffin. The elder Griffin has an initial list of schools he is considering, including Duke.

    Arizona, Dayton, Duke Iowa State, Marquette, Miami Texas, and Syracuse
    Well, if playing on the East Coast is important to him (and his mother), our odds seem to be pretty good.

  9. #49
    Johnny Juzang, a former top 50 recruit for UK, has entered the transfer portal

    https://twitter.com/JohnnyJuzang/sta...473585664?s=20

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Johnny Juzang, a former top 50 recruit for UK, has entered the transfer portal

    https://twitter.com/JohnnyJuzang/sta...473585664?s=20
    That's a surprising but not that surprising move. I guess I just didn't expect it. He had played pretty well this past year and earned PT. But Coach Cal is bringing in a bunch of athletic wings next year that play nearly the identical position. If I recall correctly, Juzang reclassified from the Class of 2020 to arrive in Lexington a year early. He outplayed the more highly-touted freshman Kahlil Whitney, who transferred midway through the season.

    This is how it is, though. A player isn't going to speculate or spread rumors about leaving. They'll just announce it or their name will pop up in the transfer portal.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Jeff Goodman has a quick update on Alan Griffin, the Illinois SO G (6'5") and brother of Class of 2021 Duke commit AJ Griffin. The elder Griffin has an initial list of schools he is considering, including Duke.

    Arizona, Dayton, Duke Iowa State, Marquette, Miami Texas, and Syracuse
    isn't the bigger question is if Duke is considering him?

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    isn't the bigger question is if Duke is considering him?
    I don't know if Duke is considering him, but Griffin can definitely play. I watched Illinois several times this year, and he was a high impact player off the bench for a pretty good team with a lot of wing depth. Excellent shooter, strong rebounder and defender, though he doesn't have a great handle or create much offense.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    I don't know if Duke is considering him, but Griffin can definitely play. I watched Illinois several times this year, and he was a high impact player off the bench for a pretty good team with a lot of wing depth. Excellent shooter, strong rebounder and defender, though he doesn't have a great handle or create much offense.
    yeah, he's good, and we're after his brother evidently...guess it depends upon the decisions of Stanley and Hurt as to whether we are interested or not...

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, he's good, and we're after his brother evidently...guess it depends upon the decisions of Stanley and Hurt as to whether we are interested or not...
    Just to clarify, we arenít after Alanís brother. His brother has already committed to Duke.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Just to clarify, we arenít after Alanís brother. His brother has already committed to Duke.
    absolutely right, brain cramp mea culpa

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    New tweet from Evan Daniels has removed us from the list of schools Griffin is considering. I guess we had to show him the Griffin-door.

    Evan Daniels
    @EvanDaniels
    Transfer Alan Griffin is looking at Arizona, Dayton, Iowa State, Miami, Syracuse and Texas. Averaged 8.9 PPG last season at Illinois.
    3:22 PM ∑ Mar 29, 2020

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    New tweet from Evan Daniels has removed us from the list of schools Griffin is considering. I guess we had to show him the Griffin-door.
    That's probably for the best. Brothers playing on the same team never have had much success at Duke.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That's probably for the best. Brothers playing on the same team never have had much success at Duke.
    Griffin did some good things at Illinois and was an interesting 3-and-D wing in college. I really like his game. But Duke is projected to have a ton of options at the same spot in the next few years. AJ Griffin, for one, is going to start at Duke. In the Class of 2021, Duke is also hard after Max Christie and Trevor Keels. It's also possible that one or all three of Joey Baker, Wendell Moore, and DJ Steward could be on the team in 2021-22 and beyond. I just don't think Alan Griffin was going to hear that he had a decent shot at starting at Duke.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Looks like Wake got a very good grad transfer from Houston Baptist - 6-4 guard Ian DuBose - originally from Durham and went to Ravenscroft. He averaged 19 points a game last year and has a career average of 6.2 rebounds per game. Danny Manning knows him well as he helped Houston Baptist upset Wake two years ago.

    https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...1df215bcc.html

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Looks like Wake got a very good grad transfer from Houston Baptist - 6-4 guard Ian DuBose - originally from Durham and went to Ravenscroft. He averaged 19 points a game last year and has a career average of 6.2 rebounds per game. Danny Manning knows him well as he helped Houston Baptist upset Wake two years ago.

    https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...1df215bcc.html
    It is only an upset when Manning's Wake team wins a game.

Similar Threads

  1. NFL 2020 Offseason Thread
    By A-Tex Devil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 04-29-2020, 08:17 AM
  2. Lacrosse: The 2020 Season
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 215
    Last Post: 04-14-2020, 11:13 PM
  3. 2019-2020 NBA Regular Season Thread
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 405
    Last Post: 03-14-2020, 04:01 PM
  4. 2020 International Basketball Thread
    By awhom111 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2020, 12:18 AM
  5. MBB: Emotions about the upcoming (2019-2020) season
    By slower in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 08-23-2019, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •