Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    He's the second coming of Rick Smits!
    Rik Smits.

If there is one thing to learn about the Dutch today, it's that their first names are wild. Rik is fairly normal, but this isn't short for Richard. It's Rik.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The backcourt rotation next season in Chapel Hill is going to be real interesting. There's Anthony Harris, who is coming off a second ACL tear in 3 years, two freshman, and Andrew Platek. UNC has been linked to Class of 2020 SG prospect Kerwin Walton as well. They might add another freshman to the mix.
    That also have Kenny Smith’s kid. You know, what’s-his-name.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post

Regardless, this is definitely a blow to Kentucky's chances next year... they may not have a guy above 6'9'' on their roster next year (and I believe their tallest guys will be non 5* freshmen). They're going to have to fully embrace small ball to have a shot to compete at the level they want to.
    I hear Calipari is reaching out to Pat Riley for help ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I hear Calipari is reaching out to Pat Riley for help ...
    When the NCAA stops by to question his recruiting, Calipari can now say "no Haarms, no foul" and that he is "out of Haarms way." And with those puns I think I violated the oath to do no Haarms.

Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Rik Smits.

If there is one thing to learn about the Dutch today, it's that their first names are wild. Rik is fairly normal, but this isn't short for Richard. It's Rik.
    I defer to your Dutch expertise. I'm sure I once knew it was Rik, but it was a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I defer to your Dutch expertise. I'm sure I once knew it was Rik, but it was a while ago.
    Luc Longley says hello.

Isn’t Luc Longley an Aussie? If only there was a quick and easy way to find out...

Wake's Olivier Saar has entered the transfer portal because he is upset that Manning was fired and it seems he does not want to play for Forbes. This is a big deal. Dude was a 3rd team All-ACC performer (and absolutely wrecked us) and is probably the best transfer on the market. He was also looking at the NBA draft but could not get his paperwork in in time when Manning was fired.

I am sure that Kentucky is salivating at this news. They really need a big man.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ransfer-portal
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Wake's Olivier Saar has entered the transfer portal because he is upset that Manning was fired... He was also looking at the NBA draft but could not get his paperwork in in time when Manning was fired. ...

I wonder if the timing of Manning's firing was a coincidence?

I read that Saar is applying for a waiver to be able to play immediately. He will likely get it, as is the case when head coaches get fired. Don’t know that we would be interested in him though, with Tape and Williams on board.

Wake's Olivier Saar has entered the transfer portal because he is upset that Manning was fired and it seems he does not want to play for Forbes. This is a big deal. Dude was a 3rd team All-ACC performer (and absolutely wrecked us) and is probably the best transfer on the market. He was also looking at the NBA draft but could not get his paperwork in in time when Manning was fired.

I am sure that Kentucky is salivating at this news. They really need a big man.

I would be STUNNED if he went anywhere but Kentucky.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    I would be STUNNED if he went anywhere but Kentucky.
    I’m pretty sure that’s what everyone said about Haarms too... and we know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I’m pretty sure that’s what everyone said about Haarms too... and we know how that turned out.
    Yeah, BYU is about as anti-Kentucky as almost any program I can think of. Saar may want the ball in his hands a lot and want to be a big time scorer at his next destination. While Kentucky desperately needs a big man to grab some boards and protect the rim, I suspect that big won't get many touches with Terrence Clark and BJ Boston dominating the ball.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Yeah, BYU is about as anti-Kentucky as almost any program I can think of. Saar may want the ball in his hands a lot and want to be a big time scorer at his next destination. While Kentucky desperately needs a big man to grab some boards and protect the rim, I suspect that big won't get many touches with Terrence Clark and BJ Boston dominating the ball.
    Jason, did Saar say that if he didn't get a release so that he can play next season, he'd stay at Wake? I know most times transfers are approved when there's a coaching change. But like you said, Saar is probably the best player in the transfer portal. He sure killed us in the game at Wake. I hate that these kids are jumping ship because Manning was fired. It tells me that Manning was a player's coach and he was loved by his kids. Too bad he couldn't recruit and was a terrible in game coach.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Jason, did Saar say that if he didn't get a release so that he can play next season, he'd stay at Wake? I know most times transfers are approved when there's a coaching change. But like you said, Saar is probably the best player in the transfer portal. He sure killed us in the game at Wake. I hate that these kids are jumping ship because Manning was fired. It tells me that Manning was a player's coach and he was loved by his kids. Too bad he couldn't recruit and was a terrible in game coach.

GoDuke!
    Manning's program was ravaged by transfers, which suggests that maybe he wasn't a players coach.

Or at least, that it's complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Manning's program was ravaged by transfers, which suggests that maybe he wasn't a players coach.

Or at least, that it's complicated.
    Maybe he was a players coach to the players that are transferring now and giving the reason for said transfer, they liked Coach Manning.

Michigan loses another transfer.

https://yourhealthygut.com/index_m.php?n=db

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Michigan loses another transfer.

https://yourhealthygut.com/index_m.php?n=db
    I have no idea why you sent me to a page about Randy Jackson of American Idol and his gut health, but Michigan guard Cole Bajema is transferring.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I have no idea why you sent me to a page about Randy Jackson of American Idol and his gut health, but Michigan guard Cole Bajema is transferring.
    The new Rick Roll - the Jackson Jive?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Hmmm meant to link from my Apple news feed. Sorry to hear about Randy tho. He’s no Jermaine or Tito but still in my top 5 male Jacksons.