Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    A front court of Hurt and Haarms?
    2.2 trillion sporkz for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    A front court of Hurt and Haarms?
    Painful, for sure.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Fighting the urge. Fighting the urge.
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Believe he worked for the Chronicle😂
    Arghhhhh you guys got me! I shall take my public lashes.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Arghhhhh you guys got me! I shall take my public lashes.
    For that, you deserve to be complemented!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Another transfer from Michigan, with rising-junior big Colin Castleton entering the portal.

This makes more sense to me than DeJulius, as Castleton likely would be playing behind both freshman Hunter Dickinson and RS senior Austin Davis this season unless he made huge strides this summer. I love how that kid plays (he plays HARD) but fact was he was more of a Beilein big than a Howard big.

Coupled with the news that Juwan’s son Jace, an incoming 3* recruit, will official start as a walk-on, and this gives Michigan potentially two open scholarships. Wouldn’t be surprising to see Josh Christopher pull the trigger and commit soon now. And considering Jace Howard wouldn’t need to walk on unless Coach Howard knew he needed the scholarship, this could mean that Michigan knows they have more incoming.

Keep an eye on this situation folks, if the moving parts all fall into place Michigan should be a Top 10 team to start next season.

Former Kentucky player Juzang is going to UCLA. Mick Cronin is doing a great job so far out West.

UNC's Brandon Huffman is in the transfer portal. If you're like most people, you're either wondering "Who?" or saying "Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy!" In fairness he has suffered a lot of injuries and I believe he even had an injury history from high school. I always thought it was a mistake for them to bring in Brooks, Manley and Huffman in the same class as they all filled a similar role but were eating up three scholarships.

Anyways, given that he was literally the seventh best big man on their roster for next season the transfer makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    ]

Anyways, given that he was literally the seventh best big man on their roster for next season the transfer makes sense.
    By the way, speaking of "seventh," whatever happened to Seventh Woods?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    By the way, speaking of "seventh," whatever happened to Seventh Woods?
    Transferred to South Carolina, I think he sat out last year and if there is a season this year he will be eligible.

He is from SC IIRC.

Should’ve drafted a niblick or a mashie, but showing my age.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Transferred to South Carolina, I think he sat out last year and if there is a season this year he will be eligible.

He is from SC IIRC.

Should’ve drafted a niblick or a mashie, but showing my age.
    Or your zipcode...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Or your zipcode...
    I could not help but reflecting that today would have been a glorious first round day if things were normal. Perfect tourney weather and the azaleas are just passing peak.

A November Tuna-mint this year will be interesting if it comes off as planned. I played the course once in mid-November, obviously still beautiful but very different-looking course. It is a course for all seasons. (let me know if you get down this way).

I could not help but reflecting that today would have been a glorious first round day if things were normal. Perfect tourney weather and the azaleas are just passing peak.

A November Tuna-mint this year will be interesting if it comes off as planned. I played the course once in mid-November, obviously still beautiful but very different-looking course. It is a course for all seasons. (let me know if you get down this way).
    You'll be the first (and only) one we'll call.

Brewery, dinner and a river walk?

You'll be the first (and only) one we'll call.

Brewery, dinner and a river walk?
    Two in-town breweries before the current mess, not sure what will happen when things open backup. But lots of Georgia brewers that know their crafts.

Guest room always open for you and your better half. Dinner on me, even if I cook it (which beats any restaurant, but I brag on myself . . . .)

Odd situation, tix will either with be loosely available or else really rare. No way to tell right now. Unchartered waters. Gotta think practice rounds will be somewhat easy to get; Par Three Day (Wednesday) is always my favorite even over tumamint days.

Two in-town breweries before the current mess, not sure what will happen when things open backup. But lots of Georgia brewers that know their crafts.

Guest room always open for you and your better half. Dinner on me, even if I cook it (which beats any restaurant, but I brag on myself . . . .)

Odd situation, tix will either with be loosely available or else really rare. No way to tell right now. Unchartered waters. Gotta think practice rounds will be somewhat easy to get; Par Three Day (Wednesday) is always my favorite even over tumamint days.
    I've got your number.

But, if it's played in November, it'll probably be a bit too late to discuss 2020 transfers and too early to spread rumors and speculate about 2021 transfers.

I've got your number.

But, if it's played in November, it'll probably be a bit too late to discuss 2020 transfers and too early to spread rumors and speculate about 2021 transfers.
    But you'll always have minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    In fairness, if anyone can figure out a way to play 7 big men, it's Roy!

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    In fairness, if anyone can figure out a way to play 7 big men, it's Roy!
    The real issue is getting all those big men under the bus in the post-game presser dagummit! Do you think it's easy doing what ol' roy does? Do you think just anyone could do it?

And it's not just that he can do it once. He does it night after night. With consistency and determination.

It is a real tragedy that ol' roy doesn't get the respect he deserves. I'm sure he would say it is a greater tragedy than this little flu bug causing such a nuisance around the country and disrupting his tee times.

OPK, how are the fairways at Augusta in November? Are they Bermuda or over seeded with rye. I want to see that beautiful course in all of it's spender. The Masters Tournament is my favorite of all the majors. I used to take a week of vacation to watch it on television. It helped that my favorite and GOAT, Jack Nicklaus was almost always at the top or near the top of the leaderboard every year. As far as I'm concerned, Jack and Arnie made golf one of the top sporting events. I hope the tournament is played this year.

GoDuke!

Since we are traveling a bit OT here. We are in Georgia. My daughter worked the cabin at Amen corner last year and was scheduled to go back this year. (Side note: she said Condolezza Rice's mother was her favorite). Also - most Georgia breweries are trying to stay in business using contactless drive through service

Justin Kier would be an interesting look. He fits the experience need and he and JGold would give leaderships to the young guards of Roach and Steward.