How to fight the boredom, help the essentials and hard hit?

Been discussed in a few threads but thought I'd pull out on it's own.

First, I'd like to do something for the healthcare providers in my life. I have several friends/family members that work in large hospitals. They're adding bio-containment units and all the docs/nurses are getting trained. No wave yet but they're expecting it --- like the army of the living in Winterfell waiting on the dead to rush the walls.

From our DBR healthcare providers, what would be a good gift as you get ramped up for a tough time, lots of extra hours? I'm thinking something like a GrubHub gift certificate or Amazon gift card so they don't have to make trips to the store in their diminished spare time. Obviously can't gift them sleep...

I'll take into account the recommendations on the Plague thread to purchase any take-out from small businesses, not the big chains.

Boredom fighters:

We have a 2 month at home so that's a big boredom fighter right there! But, we're also doing some spring yard work, watching a few shows, getting ready to work on taxes, trying to get back into a workout (in the basement or on the streets) schedule. I'm staring in horror at the market on a regular basis. We do socially distance-appropriate neighborhood gatherings. I'm cooking more than usual. And, of course, obsessively check DBR.

I don't know, man, maybe write the great American novel finally?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Been discussed in a few threads but thought I'd pull out on it's own.

First, I'd like to do something for the healthcare providers in my life. I have several friends/family members that work in large hospitals. They're adding bio-containment units and all the docs/nurses are getting trained. No wave yet but they're expecting it --- like the army of the living in Winterfell waiting on the dead to rush the walls.

From our DBR healthcare providers, what would be a good gift as you get ramped up for a tough time, lots of extra hours? I'm thinking something like a GrubHub gift certificate or Amazon gift card so they don't have to make trips to the store in their diminished spare time. Obviously can't gift them sleep...

I'll take into account the recommendations on the Plague thread to purchase any take-out from small businesses, not the big chains.

Boredom fighters:

We have a 2 month at home so that's a big boredom fighter right there! But, we're also doing some spring yard work, watching a few shows, getting ready to work on taxes, trying to get back into a workout (in the basement or on the streets) schedule. I'm staring in horror at the market on a regular basis. We do socially distance-appropriate neighborhood gatherings. I'm cooking more than usual. And, of course, obsessively check DBR.

I don't know, man, maybe write the great American novel finally?
    Joking aside, DBR board is the only sense of normalcy I have at the moment. Not that DBR without sports is normal per se, but I really appreciate the community and the diverse perspectives.

What a nice person you are!

Husband is dealing with patients in his office who are still needing routine medical care. Non-Covid life goes on and there are plenty of people out there who are ill or just need their regular meds.

You've got plenty on your plate with a newborn. Other than checking in on elderly relatives, friends, neighbors, church acquaintances, I can't come up with a one size approach. You seem to know what to do already.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    What a nice person you are!

Husband is dealing with patients in his office who are still needing routine medical care. Non-Covid life goes on and there are plenty of people out there who are ill or just need their regular meds.

You've got plenty on your plate with a newborn. Other than checking in on elderly relatives, friends, neighbors, church acquaintances, I can't come up with a one size approach. You seem to know what to do already.
    I'm new here but I am Duke BS BME in 90 and daughter is coming( maybe) in Class of 2024. She is in an early decision group chat with 800 of her new best friends. Many are stuck at home and as a group they have initiated a service project to reach out to their own communities to offer virtual tutoring. My daughter had two local requests even though schools just closed yesterday. Hope, as always, that the youngsters will show the way. Go Duke! GTHC