Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Cole Anthony announces he will not make an announcement. ESPN articles has a good LOL line in it.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...t-announcement

Ya think...?
    Wow..is he seriously thinking of coming back?

Unbelievable how roy does this to every first round/lotto/top 3 projected pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Wow..is he seriously thinking of coming back?

Unbelievable how roy does this to every first round/lotto/top 3 projected pick.
    Nah, he's going. He said he's delaying his announcement until the virus calms down out of respect for the NYC community (which is where he's from and where the virus is hitting hard). His implication is that it doesn't feel right to him to announce his decision while all this other stuff is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Nah, he's going. He said he's delaying his announcement until the virus calms down out of respect for the NYC community (which is where he's from and where the virus is hitting hard). His implication is that it doesn't feel right to him to announce his decision while all this other stuff is going on.
    Don't you make me respect you, Cole.

"Making an announcement at this time would be in poor taste, therefore I am announcing that I will not make an announcement."

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    "Making an announcement at this time would be in poor taste, therefore I am announcing that I will not make an announcement."
    Thanks! That helps

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Another decision, although one with minimal Duke impact: USC's Onyeka Okongwu has declared.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...689478144?s=20

He's listed in the lottery of a bunch of mock drafts, but I don't think I saw USC play once this year, so I have no opinion on the matter, haha.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Another decision, although one with minimal Duke impact: USC's Onyeka Okongwu has declared.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...689478144?s=20

He's listed in the lottery of a bunch of mock drafts, but I don't think I saw USC play once this year, so I have no opinion on the matter, haha.
    Athletic/springy rim protector type whose skill set should translate well to the NBA as a pick and roll center.

Jay Scrubb, a top-ranked junior college player and Louisville signee, will enter the NBA draft, but is leaving open the possibility of going to Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Jay Scrubb, a top-ranked junior college player and Louisville signee, will enter the NBA draft, but is leaving open the possibility of going to Louisville.
    This is a big deal and has been rumored for a while. Scrubb is a major-league stud who averaged almost 22ppg and 7rpg last season in juco ball. He is super athletic and would have been expected to be Louisville's leading scorer. His father has always said he planned to test the draft process. I think they want to see how high his stock is and if he is assured of being a first rounder. If so, I suspect he will stay in the draft. If not, I suspect he will be one of the contenders for ACC Player of the Year next year... yup, he is that good.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

That's an unfortunate name. The group TLC clearly are not fans.

This ‘No Scrubs’ reference 👆🏻made my day.

AP Player of the Year Obi Toppin of Dayton declares.

Toppin was the lone unanimous selection to the Associated Press All-America first team in 2019-20. He is the first Dayton All-American since Jim Paxson in 1979.

Well, he did end the season with the Walton Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    That's an unfortunate name. The group TLC clearly are not fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by beach rev View Post
    This ‘No Scrubs’ reference ����made my day.
    "No Scrubb? Denied!"

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    While Vassell leaving hurts, they do still bring in Scottie Barnes (top-5 recruit). I think the bigger concern is that they lose Forrest. They don't currently have a PG at the moment, and Scottie Barnes is the only shot creator they appear to have next year.

I wouldn't be shocked if Patrick Williams goes pro too. If so, they take a giant step back. Because while they return a ton of guys (only 2 seniors), I think the guys that mattered were Forrest, Vassell, and (to a lesser extent) Williams.
    FSU freshman forward Patrick Williams made it official today and declared for the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    FSU freshman forward Patrick Williams made it official today and declared for the draft.
    If he stays in, that combined with the losses of Forrest and Vassell are big hits. That's their only PG, their best wing, and their best interior-ish player.

Now, FSU is not afraid to go the JuCo route, but it's going to be hard to replace the talent that those two guys take with them. Barnes will help, but they lose a LOT.

Plenty of potential IMO. A little raw, but has a pro body and hit 83.8% FT which can be a good indicator for developing overall shooting.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Beat me to it. Here's the ESPN link. From the sounds of things he seems "all-in" for the draft. This is a big hit for FSU.

Other piece of news from yesterday: two 'Nova players, Saddiq Bey and Jeremiah Robinson-Earle, are expected to at least test the waters, according to Jay Wright.

Bey has been mentioned as a fringe first-rounder in some drafts. The many projections with Nova in the Top 5 next year rely heavily on the expectation Bey returns... if he doesn't they'll be a very different team.

Former Dukie Jordan Tucker is going to see if he will get drafted.

https://twitter.com/1jtucker/status/...604508674?s=20

There's been recent speculation amongst Michigan insiders that Isaiah Livers and Franz Wagner will test the water, although neither is expected to stay in... although obviously anything can happen. Neither is anywhere near most projected draft boards, but both have the potential to shoot up if they have the 2020-21 seasons many expect... they're both long, athletic wings who can shoot and defend, which are in high demand.

Assuming they both return (as expected), with Michigan's incoming recruiting class the Wolverines should be a Top 10-15 team to start the year. If one leaves, they're still a Top 25 team assuming that 5* SG Josh Christopher commits to the Wolverines (which is widely expected). If both leave, Michigan would be relying very heavily on freshmen across the board.

There's been recent speculation amongst Michigan insiders that Isaiah Livers and Franz Wagner will test the water, although neither is expected to stay in... although obviously anything can happen. Neither is anywhere near most projected draft boards, but both have the potential to shoot up if they have the 2020-21 seasons many expect... they're both long, athletic wings who can shoot and defend, which are in high demand.

Assuming they both return (as expected), with Michigan's incoming recruiting class the Wolverines should be a Top 10-15 team to start the year. If one leaves, they're still a Top 25 team assuming that 5* SG Josh Christopher commits to the Wolverines (which is widely expected). If both leave, Michigan would be relying very heavily on freshmen across the board.
    I think they'll both test the waters, whatever that even means this year, but I think it's likely that Livers will go and Wagner will come back. Livers proved himself to be a solid all around player this year, despite missing games with injury, and has shown he can shoot the ball, with his second straight year over 40% from 3. The fact that the team did so poorly in his absence makes him look better too. He's pretty much done what he can do at the college level in my opinion.

Wagner is a very different story. As someone who roots for Michigan, to me he was a disappointment. Obviously his body is undeveloped and weak. His calling card was supposed to be his shooting, but he just wasn't that good a shooter. Even with a solid last 5 games of the season, he still only got up to 45% overall and 31% from 3. Against college defense and from the college line. He shot over 50% in only 7 of 27 games. That is a guy who needs another year to get stronger, improve his handle, improve his shot, improve his defense, pretty much everything. If I was an NBA GM, I wouldn't touch that kid right now. Has way too far to go before he could sniff the court in an NBA game, going against grown men.

Agree with you that if Michigan gets Christopher, and I think they will, and BOTH of these guys return, and Isiah Todd doesn't go overseas, that will be a very, very solid team next year, a team that would give us LOTS of trouble in the ACC-Big 10 challenge game that I think is going to happen.