Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I wish something could be done about the video these days. It would be so much better if we could see more clarity, like higher definition, on TV.

But I like the singer. I hope they keep him and don't ever have someone like, oh, Jennifer Hudson, do it.
    Some 9-year-old girl?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Some 9-year-old girl?
    I wonder how long Jim Nance will do this- this was his first year and one might say he is now a good luck charm I always thought Packer enjoyed Duke losing more than he should. He knows a lot and seems to pay attention to the game, but can be annoying as he claims he knows what everyone is thinking. Nance has done a nice job with the Masters. Anyway- he may do this for a few more years and move on. Maybe Duke can get a few more championships in the meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I wonder how long Jim Nance will do this- this was his first year and one might say he is now a good luck charm I always thought Packer enjoyed Duke losing more than he should. He knows a lot and seems to pay attention to the game, but can be annoying as he claims he knows what everyone is thinking. Nance has done a nice job with the Masters. Anyway- he may do this for a few more years and move on. Maybe Duke can get a few more championships in the meanwhile.
    I know Jim Nantz, and I know Larry Nance, but I do not know Jim Nance (or Larry Nantz, for that matter).

It would be cool if one day a retired Duke player could announce these games. And I love listening to that up-and-comer Bill Raftery provide color commentary ("Send it in Jerome"). He deserves a chance.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It would be cool if one day a retired Duke player could announce these games. And I love listening to that up-and-comer Bill Raftery provide color commentary ("Send it in Jerome"). He deserves a chance.
    Better some retired Duke player than some retired Ohio State player, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I know Jim Nantz, and I know Larry Nance, but I do not know Jim Nance (or Larry Nantz, for that matter).
    Didn't catch the spelling- it would be great if it was easier to look up stuff- Word on the street is that the World Wide Web is about to become available to the public- gopher is such a pain

Didn't catch the spelling- it would be great if it was easier to look up stuff- Word on the street is that the World Wide Web is about to become available to the public- gopher is such a pain
    No worries. Not only is the spelling obscure, so is the guy. Nantz is just someone that CBS pulled away from its Salt Lake City affiliate. I think the only reason he got the job with KSL in the first place is because he was roomies with Freddie Couples in Houston, and got to know former BYU QB Gifford Nielsen who was in broadcasting down there after his stint with the Oilers. Nantz is unlikely to amount to anything significant broadcasting-wise. The guy to keep an eye on is the one who succeeded Nantz at KSL: Craig Bolerjack. Now *he* shows real promise.