Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Heck, just shave it off. If you've been wearing a stache for years, you might be pleasantly surprised, once the shock wears off. In my experience, virtually everybody looks better clean shaven.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    I agree good Doctor. Just look at the front page article on Ol' Roy (or the link in the thread I started.)

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Imagine Kyle Guy's 'do when he was a sophomore.

The shame...
    Please, tell me, NOT a man bun?!?!!??

Heck, just shave it off. If you've been wearing a stache for years, you might be pleasantly surprised, once the shock wears off. In my experience, virtually everybody looks better clean shaven.

Thanks! I do appreciate the reply. There's really no wrong/right here. I simply want to see some evidence as nothing I've read, and I've read a lot the last few weeks, has ever advocated for shaving all facial hair.

I posed this question to our son at tOSU Medical Center and our younger daughter at UofChicago: OSU's policy conforms to the CDC's chart, meaning no beards or long 'staches that might/would prevent the N95s from fitting properly. Daughter said UofC required everyone to shave to meet the same N95 fit/wearing standards issued by the CDC, too.

As a sidelight, I found some of the facial hair examples from the CDC to be rather amusing and highly educational, seeing/learning some names/styles I'd never encountered before.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I've had a beard since 1984 and I have two thoughts to share on getting rid of it.

1. I calculate that the lower half of my face has received about 35 years less sun/UV than my forehead. Shaving may lead me to look like a relative youngster.

2. The beard is an integral part of my grumpy old man persona. How can I convincingly growl, "Stay off my lawn!!" without the whiskers?

... In my experience, virtually everybody looks better clean shaven... I could be wrong.
    You could be. Exhibit A: Tom Selleck.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

This is why I said "virtually" everybody.

Only Tom Selleck can rock the Magnum 'stache. Well, Burt Reynolds didn't look right without one, either. Who else?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Only Tom Selleck can rock the Magnum 'stache. Well, Burt Reynolds didn't look right without one, either. Who else?
    Burt is a big one. I’d also add:

Sam Elliott
    Alex Trebek
    Swedish Chef

You’ve got to have the right face for the stache. Aaron Rodgers does not.

Me! The more of my face that is covered, the better. I consider it my civic duty. You’re welcome.

Nephew Alex is growing one. Haven't determined how I like it. Wonder what his boss will think of it when they are able to go back to work. Since it is a state building, he can't even go in to check on things. Fortunately, one of the training staff is checking on the float tank - don't want it to go dry.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Our local hospital is requiring all facial hair be shaved. All.

Reason/s given? None. Simply a memo/email.

Link to CDC chart for (approved/disapproved) Facial Hairstyles and Filtering Facepiece Respirators (assuming N95 here):

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/pdfs...282017-508.pdf

And no, I'm not laughing.
    All? Eyebrows too?

{insert pic of Voldemort}

Obviously haven't seen the memo, but that might be a way to poke them.

This is why I said "virtually" everybody.
    I look better "virtually" anyway/how/shape/time. Ask fuse/OPK/mattman.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Me! The more of my face that is covered, the better. I consider it my civic duty. You’re welcome.
    I resemble that comment:

doctor-wearing-paper-bag-over-head-american-covering-isolated-white-background-39276818.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    All? Eyebrows too?

{insert pic of Voldemort}

Obviously haven't seen the memo, but that might be a way to poke them.
    Yep, that's one of my questions. Why stop at mustaches and beards (again, I don't have a beard but totally see the evidence for having an N95 mask fit properly)? Shave the eyebrows. Hair is a fomite so should I shave my head and arms, too?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yep, that's one of my questions. Why stop at mustaches and beards (again, I don't have a beard but totally see the evidence for having an N95 mask fit properly)? Shave the eyebrows. Hair is a fomite so should I shave my head and arms, too?
    Then there the ears and nose to consider. As one grows older one grows hair in "interesting" places.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    All? Eyebrows too? ...
    Well, there goes my comb-over ...

Sam Elliott without a stash looks like a bird.

Jeff Foxworthy recently shaved his. Can't find the pic right now, but he looks weird.

Jeff Foxworthy recently shaved his. Can't find the pic right now, but he looks weird.
    You just might be a redneck if you shave your moustache and it now looks like you have a blonde moustache ...