Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Laughter, the best medicine

I want us to have a place where we can post amusing distractions from the Coronavirus mess. With sports gone, we need something to brighten the day and take our minds off this for a moment or two.

Here is Stephen Colbert's first show opening with no audience. It is actually the rehearsal but they recorded it and decided to play it on air. Truly hysterical for how awkward and uncertain the whole thing is. Enjoy!!

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

For those of you with short memories, do yourself a favor and look-up South Park's take on SARS.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    For those of you with short memories, do yourself a favor and look-up South Park's take on SARS.
    We are hosting an ookie mouth party this weekend.

George Carlin discusses germs:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X29lF43mUlo

Shows how different senses of humor can be.

I thought this thread was to be a retrospective on the heels season.

For you golfers out there, Club Pro Guy is really funny:

https://twitter.com/ClubProGuy/statu...444934150?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Wilson should be required to update his DBR avatar!!!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

I saw something on the local news last night which reminded me of a family anecdote I've always chuckled about...

Several decades ago, my cousin Pete got his driver's license, so he and some pals drove around, then parked in a lot behind some stores and fired up a joint. Car quickly filled with smoke, of course.
    Right on cue, a cop car drives up, cop gets out, figures out the scene, approaches the car and asks Cousin Pete for his license and registration. Cousin Pete figures OK, so he pulls out the documents, then pushes them up against his still rolled up
    driver's side window for the cop to peruse. No sale...the cop gives the universal wind down the window signal, Pete complies, and billows of Cheech and Chong-esque smoke emerge. Pete's mom gets a call from the police station.

Fast forward to yesterday when the local hospital announced it was setting up a remote testing facility for Covid 19, but only for those referred specifically by a doctor...and the protocol they are using is that IF you have been referred, you drive in, keep your window rolled up, and push your license up against the window so the authorities can verify your name and test referral.

So I guess that what goes around eventually comes around. Pete was ahead of his time.

I don't know whether this is the correct thread or not, but:

"24 Pictures That Prove Americans Have No Idea How To Deal With Coronavirus"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/coro...-grocery-store

I'm not sure which item is the most deviant/selfish/bizarre/amusing/<insert word of your own choice>.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Last edited by JasonEvans; 03-18-2020 at 11:00 AM.

isolation.jpg

My favorite so far, I think...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

508DCBD9-7948-4124-8B35-559177623D98.jpg

The answer to the Coronavirus is... 42.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

This is the next level way of dealing with the TP shortage.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is the next level way of dealing with the TP shortage.

And all of the plumbing will explode.

My Welcome To Moscow experience in 1983 (definitely Evil Empire Days, worse than you can imagine) consisted of finding some ripped up newspaper in the airport bathroom upon my triumphant arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    And all of the plumbing will explode.
    I'm on well water. I figure we run out of TP, we'll just go redneck European out in the yard with the garden hose bidet. The "jet" setting on the nozzle sprayer might be harsh but I imagine "shower" could be very nice. "Mist" would be useful, of course.