Elkin, NC Area Restaurants

A group of friends is making plans to visit Elkin, NC and the surrounding area for the Yadkin Valley Wine Festival on May 20. We plan to get a place to stay in the area for a few days and so were looking for information about restaurants that might be reasonably close.

Any thoughts on places to eat in the Elkin, North Wilkesboro, Spata, area? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Dooley's Tavern and Grill in Wilkesboro is a great low-key place for bar food. They grind the meat for some great hamburgers several times a day, and usually have some good beers on tap. Chile Verde Mexican Restaurant is very good. Brushy Mountain Smokehouse and Creamery is a good place to visit because, you know, BBQ and homemade ice cream! They have a country buffet, too.

Yadkinville is home to Little Richard's BBQ, good pork shoulder BBQ. The smoked wings are really good. Brisket and ribs are good, too. Four or five good sauces, the Thai chili sauce is excellent.

Pirate's Landing just off of I-77 near Elkin with pretty good food, standard NC fried seafood spot. Most notable thing is the restaurant was built to look like a Pirate Ship. Arrrr!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    A group of friends is making plans to visit Elkin, NC and the surrounding area for the Yadkin Valley Wine Festival on May 20. We plan to get a place to stay in the area for a few days and so were looking for information about restaurants that might be reasonably close.

Any thoughts on places to eat in the Elkin, North Wilkesboro, Spata, area? Suggestions would be appreciated.
    Killerleft has some good suggestions. I live in Elkin and will add Angry Troll Brewery and restaurant on Main St. Their beer is average but good eats and great atmosphere.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Killerleft has some good suggestions. I live in Elkin and will add Angry Troll Brewery and restaurant on Main St. Their beer is average but good eats and great atmosphere.
    How is the food at some of the vineyards like Shelton?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    How is the food at some of the vineyards like Shelton?
    I haven't been to that many of the wineries as I'm more of a craft beer guy but Shelton's is great.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    I haven't been to that many of the wineries as I'm more of a craft beer guy but Shelton's is great.
    Same here. I hit Skull Camp Brewing recently. Top tier name.

I’m about an hour away and I’ve hear really good things about the food and music at Reeves Theatre and cafe. Looks like an old movie theatre that has been renovated. That’s where I would go.

https://www.reevestheater.com/

Thanks to all.

You have given us several good possibilities that will help with planning our stay.

I had seen Dooley's during my online search and we are always interested in good BBQ.

One of our group is also very enthusiastic about Pirate fare.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

One of our group is also very enthusiastic about Pirate fare.
    Is it Stede Bonnet?