Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 748
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    I thought K already gave Tre a verbal adios...I can't possibly see why he'd return.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I'd be with you if this was a normal season. We're all throwing wild guesses out, but I believe the way the season ended puts a Tre return on the table, however unlikely it may be. He does strike me as one of those guys who values this experience, and he was robbed of it.
    That only matters if he had made a snap decision in the immediate aftermath of the NCAA canceling the tournament. Given time, cooler heads will prevail. The family already has an agent afterall (Tyus'), who will remind Tre and the family if needed that athletes have limited earning years, that the 25th pick or so is guaranteed about $3.5M and is very likely (through options) to make another $2M-$5M on top, that injuries can occur, that bad shooting seasons can occur (especially in a smaller NCAA sample), etc etc.

    It doesn't break the laws of physics for Tre to return. That's about it.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I thought K already gave Tre a verbal adios...I can't possibly see why he'd return.
    If he wants to play in another NCAA tournament. I don’t think he’s likely to stay. But, it’s not at all difficult to imagine why he’d return.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I thought K already gave Tre a verbal adios...I can't possibly see why he'd return.
    That was a week ago, which is like a brazillion years ago.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Wendell Moore has some talent, but he’s not an off-the-chart athlete by any means. And his level of various skills is fairly average right now for a major conference basketball player. He has a long LONG way to go before he could even think about cracking an NBA lineup.
    Did Wendell have a dunk this year?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    Did Wendell have a dunk this year?
    Are you being serious? Of course he did. Many, in fact.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    I don't think the players are as sentimental as we are. Million dollar paycheck or another NCAAT? Tre was already player of the year, can't see him coming back.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I don't think the players are as sentimental as we are. Million dollar paycheck or another NCAAT? Tre was already player of the year, can't see him coming back.
    I agree, Tre would be wasting an MVP season on hopes of winning a couple of championships(ACCT and NCAAT). I know he loves Duke University and wants to be champion like his brother, but I just don't see Tre taking that chance. Plus, how good is the OAD freshmen class of next season supposed to be. Are there many point guards that he would have to compete with?

    GoDuke!

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    I remember at the start of Grayson’s junior year, K openly stated that he was on a three year plan to graduate with the intent of leaving at the end of that season. He even took five classes in the fall (which is a huge load even for a “regular” student) in order to get his degree in three years. But then plans changed and he ended up staying a fourth. So even if you believe that K’s statement about Tre meant that he was planning to leave this year, plans can always change. Aside from missing the tournament, who knows what will happen with the draft, the combine, the start of next season, seniors coming back, etc.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Are you being serious? Of course he did. Many, in fact.
    I asked a buddy of mine who covers the team, because I couldn't remember seeing it and noted that he never dunked when he had the chance during the last few games.

    The result: Wendell did not dunk in the 2020 calendar year and had 3 total dunks during the 2019-2020 season.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

    -Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I asked a buddy of mine who covers the team, because I couldn't remember seeing it and noted that he never dunked when he had the chance during the last few games.

    The result: Wendell did not dunk in the 2020 calendar year and had 3 total dunks during the 2019-2020 season.
    This surprises me. I distinctly remember seeing him dunk.

    I don't suppose people are trying to say that he is not athletic enough to dunk, right?

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    This surprises me. I distinctly remember seeing him dunk.

    I don't suppose people are trying to say that he is not athletic enough to dunk, right?
    No. He can definitely dunk. He's also got like a 7'0 wingspan. But, no one can say that he's a particularly explosive athlete, which is why I think he doesn't have big dunk numbers. Doesn't really matter because he doesn't get his shot blocked or he gets a charge when he gets in the paint.

    45 second mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wycVUNXtF2A
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

    -Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Are you being serious? Of course he did. Many, in fact.
    However, his best shot was his lay-up against Carolina at the OT buzzer.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thomasville, NC
    Hypothetical question here. What would Roach do if Tre came back? I think Tre is gone..

  15. #95
    Would be great for one of tre, Vernon, or Cassius to come back

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Carolina

    A clue from Wendell

    https://mobile.twitter.com/DukeFansZ...04028375691268

    ”not a goodbye...just a see you later”.
    President of the Marshall Plumlee fan club!

  17. #97
    scottdude8's Avatar
    scottdude8 is offline Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DukeFansZ...04028375691268

    ”not a goodbye...just a see you later”.
    I have to think these kids are trained enough by the Duke media team about how posts like these will be interpreted to be smart about it. Tre set them example last year. So I view this as a great sign

    To the naysayers who will say “he was never going pro”... that’s just not the landscape we live in now. Anytime a top-50 caliber recruit stays in school it’s a big plus that was never 100% guaranteed, regardless of draft projections (just think about Trevon).

    Wendell has the potential to make a huge leap from year 1 to year 2. Make him go through the Tre Jones/Jordan Goldwire 3 point shooting boot camp this summer and he’s got a completely different offensive game.

    This is good news. We’re becoming numb to such things already, but this is good news!

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thomasville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I have to think these kids are trained enough by the Duke media team about how posts like these will be interpreted to be smart about it. Tre set them example last year. So I view this as a great sign

    To the naysayers who will say “he was never going pro”... that’s just not the landscape we live in now. Anytime a top-50 caliber recruit stays in school it’s a big plus that was never 100% guaranteed, regardless of draft projections (just think about Trevon).

    Wendell has the potential to make a huge leap from year 1 to year 2. Make him go through the Tre Jones/Jordan Goldwire 3 point shooting boot camp this summer and he’s got a completely different offensive game.

    This is good news. We’re becoming numb to such things already, but this is good news!
    I agree on Wendell's shooting, but to me his drawback is his ball handling. He lost the ball frequently on drives.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DukeFansZ...04028375691268

    ”not a goodbye...just a see you later”.
    Yeah!
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  20. #100
    scottdude8's Avatar
    scottdude8 is offline Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    I agree on Wendell's shooting, but to me his drawback is his ball handling. He lost the ball frequently on drives.
    That's definitely another point to work on, but I think the shooting is something that's a little bit more immediately attainable. Based on what we saw this year I think Wendell might project best as a "3 and D" type guy with some slashing ability, rather than a "point forward" type player that many thought he might be based on his recruiting profile. Given the likely role he'll have on next year's team, combined with the fact that Jalen Johnson does project as a more polished "point forward" style player, I think his shot will be more critical than his handles in the role we'd like him to carve out.

    Man, it's already baseless speculation time about next season when it should be baseless speculation time about Selection Sunday. I just got sad again... no, must stay happy, Wendell's probably back!!!
    Scott Rich on the front page

    Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

    Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Similar Threads

  1. If everyone stays are we not the consensus #1?
    By Eakane in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2015, 11:54 AM
  2. Sean Miller Stays At Arizona
    By loldevilz in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 12:22 PM
  3. If Singler stays...
    By houstondukie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 07:52 PM
  4. #15 retired if G stays?
    By houstondukie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 11:49 AM
  5. Edwards stays with Roush
    By Bluedawg in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •