Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    I started the thread but honestly haven’t been following. I know Tre declared. Has anyone else announced either way?

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I started the thread but honestly haven’t been following. I know Tre declared. Has anyone else announced either way?
    “Haven’t been following”??? What the he##, man? I suppose you haven’t been following the old-time baseball ⚾️ thread, either? I’m really disappointed.

https://www.si.com/college/duke/bask...ares-for-draft

Not Duke but of interest. Jordan Tucker declares for the draft...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    https://www.si.com/college/duke/bask...ares-for-draft

Not Duke but of interest. Jordan Tucker declares for the draft...
    totally forgot about him. could have gotten lots of time this year.

Another guy who realized too late he's not all he thought he was and now has effectively no nba prospects.
    April 1

Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    totally forgot about him. could have gotten lots of time this year.

Another guy who realized too late he's not all he thought he was and now has effectively no nba prospects.
    Having watched a few Butler games this year, I doubt Tucker would have played much for Duke. He's not much of a ballhandler or defender. I'm not at all sure who he would have put on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Having watched a few Butler games this year, I doubt Tucker would have played much for Duke. He's not much of a ballhandler or defender. I'm not at all sure who he would have put on the bench.
    I have no doubt in my mind that he'd be a better player had he stayed at duke.
    April 1

I have no doubt in my mind that he'd be a better player had he stayed at duke.
    Quite possible... but he was behind O’Connell as a freshman, and neither O’Connell nor Baker (a more highly rated player with a similar skill set as Tucker) got major minutes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Quite possible... but he was behind O’Connell as a freshman, and neither O’Connell nor Baker (a more highly rated player with a similar skill set as Tucker) got major minutes this year.
    fair enough.

I guess I don't get his goals, then. If he wanted playing time, then why the heck is he trying his luck in the NBA with effectively 0 NBA prospects. I mean, he doesn't seem like he's in line for even a D-league contract. If his goal was to get to the NBA, then it seems working out in a program where he could prove himself against NBA players would be ideal.

Transferring away AND leaving early without a chance at the next level don't seem to add up.

I'd guess that like so many kids these days, he's getting some very bad advice.
    April 1

fair enough.

I guess I don't get his goals, then. If he wanted playing time, then why the heck is he trying his luck in the NBA with effectively 0 NBA prospects. I mean, he doesn't seem like he's in line for even a D-league contract. If his goal was to get to the NBA, then it seems working out in a program where he could prove himself against NBA players would be ideal.

Transferring away AND leaving early without a chance at the next level don't seem to add up.

i don’t get it either. All the indicators are that he will not get in the NBA. Why not finish your degree first...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Or maybe it’s all him. Perhaps everyone is telling him not to do this and he’s doing it anyway. He’s almost 22 years old. He might be all alone in thinking this is the right thing to do. And it very well could turn out to be the biggest mistake he ever makes. Who knows?

Regarding Tucker getting bad advice, IIRC his father is a sports agent and would presumably know what he is doing. Still, it is a head scratcher. Maybe he just doesn't like school?

fair enough.

I would refer you to your post about Cassius Stanley’s tweets/posts here. Same thing applies about trying to analyze the behavior of kids.

In all honesty, though, we have no idea what is driving the decisions. Could be any number of different things going on.

I would refer you to your post about Cassius Stanley’s tweets/posts here. Same thing applies about trying to analyze the behavior of kids.
    I'm not sure how this applies, given I am explicit that I don't understand what he is doing, in the exact same way that I was explicit that I don't understand what Stanley's tweets may or may have meant.
    April 1

Tucker had a follow-up tweet to clarify that he is going through the NBA draft process. It sounds like he is trying to get good advice. I wonder if he will get any in this environment, but I applaud him for trying to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Tucker had a follow-up tweet to clarify that he is going through the NBA draft process. It sounds like he is trying to get good advice. I wonder if he will get any in this environment, but I applaud him for trying to get it.
    what else do the NBA people have to do? I'd imagine they're watching a lot of tape on these guys (including Cassius Stanley)...

I'm not sure how this applies, given I am explicit that I don't understand what he is doing, in the exact same way that I was explicit that I don't understand what Stanley's tweets may or may have meant.
    I was saying that you used very good logic in suggesting we not try to analyze Stanley’s tweets/posts. I was just recommending doing the same with Tucker’s decisions.

I was saying that you used very good logic in suggesting we not try to analyze Stanley’s tweets/posts. I was just recommending doing the same with Tucker’s decisions.
    Fair enough. I wish him the best of luck.

(though, I'm more likely to give duke players the benefit of extra space than others)
    April 1

Being bored I read the 6-page thread on the Butler board. They are as puzzled as we. His first post was a farewell, thanks for the laughs type post like he was definitely gone. The he clarified that he was going through “process” which begs the question why the grandiose first post? Anyway, I agree JTuck would probably still have been behind AOC and would be on the end of the bench at Duke next year. On the other hand, he could possibly be the best player on the roster next year for what is shaping up to be a really bad Butler team.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Being bored I read the 6-page thread on the Butler board. They are as puzzled as we. His first post was a farewell, thanks for the laughs type post like he was definitely gone. The he clarified that he was going through “process” which begs the question why the grandiose first post? Anyway, I agree JTuck would probably still have been behind AOC and would be on the end of the bench at Duke next year. On the other hand, he could possibly be the best player on the roster next year for what is shaping up to be a really bad Butler team.
    So, I don't know the kid or his agent father and probably shouldn't comment. Nevertheless, I will.

There is no harm in him testing the waters. He does not seem to be an NBA caliber player and I think he'd be better off concentrating on his studies.

I would love for Stanley to return, as I think the sky is the limit for him, but I think he's going to turn pro.

The situation reminds me of Frank Jackson, a similarly explosive player who turned pro after similarly showing a ton of potential in a non-leading role as a freshman.

Frank J.: 36 games, 16 starts, averaged 10.9 points, 47.3% FG%, 39.5% 3PFG%, 2.5 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 24.9 minutes.

Cassius S.: 29 games, 29 starts, averaged 12.6 points, 47.4% FG%, 36% 3PFG%, 4.9 rebounds and 1 assist in 27 minutes.

Frank was disappointed when he fell out of the 1st round. He was taken by the Pelicans with the 1st pick of the 2nd round.

I would bet that someone will take Cassius in the 2nd round.

We didn't read the stories that said "Send in the Rebels and send out the clowns."
    And we didn't lose by 30.