Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    It would be legit IF
    - Roach won the starting PG role and had a good assist to TO ratio
    - Cassius returned and was the starting 2 guard
    - JGold had a similar season to this year but a few more ppg average
    - Steward was the in the top three scorers and coming off the bench.

That group would be solid defensively too

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    From what Iíve seen Goldwire has (by Duke standards for a PG) average to below-average quickness, average to below-average handles, a below-average shot ó both inside and out ó and fairly rudimentary passing ability. His defense is probably above average as is his headiness. And I do think he has above-average leadership ability.

I like Jordan and Iím glad he attends Duke. He has made a lot of progress since his freshman year. I expect him to continue to improve and to be a valuable contributor to the 2020-2021 team.
    K seems to be a fan which is good cause I am too and I want to see him on the court.

I'm not criticizing you or anyone else, more just a note that fans have different perceptions. I'm often amazed at how fans sometimes seem to constantly clamor for more play from a guy that I wish saw the court less while another player can't get any respect no matter what he does. Goldwire seems to be one of those players (polarizing I mean), but he earned a ton of fans this year. I hope he wins everyone else over this coming year! He's what we have been asking for as a fan base in the OAD era, a player that sticks around, improves, and earns his play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Jordan could be next season's Quinn.
    ?

quinn was a much better shooter and worse defender than goldwide. I don't see the comparison at all.
    It's being reported that due to coronavirus fears, Harvard has asked students not to return from spring break, and for classes to be held online.

Not to be outdone, UNC told students to stop coming to class 27 years ago under Dean Smith.

I admire the optimism, but that would be a HUGE jump for Goldwire. Cook was a two-year starter and 2-year double-digit scorer heading into his senior year. Goldwire has, in 3 years, scored barely more than Cook scored as a freshman backup.

That isnít meant to be a knock on Goldwire, but rather a compliment to .
    Cook who scored over 1,500 points at Duke. Goldwire has worked really hard to improve into being a competent role player at the ACC level. But he has basically reached Nate Britt level. That is a big step away from Quinn Cook level.

I will be happy if Goldwire is at Sean Dockery level next year. That would be a huge accomplishment for a guy who was looking like a low-major caliber player coming out of high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    K seems to be a fan which is good cause I am too and I want to see him on the court.

I'm not criticizing you or anyone else, more just a note that fans have different perceptions. I'm often amazed at how fans sometimes seem to constantly clamor for more play from a guy that I wish saw the court less while another player can't get any respect no matter what he does. Goldwire seems to be one of those players (polarizing I mean), but he earned a ton of fans this year. I hope he wins everyone else over this coming year! He's what we have been asking for as a fan base in the OAD era, a player that sticks around, improves, and earns his play.
    Hmm, I guess you didnít read the second paragraph I wrote about Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I agree with you, Scott, and came here to post the same thing. I don’t think the Duke social media team would post that unless he’s definitely returning.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Ok, this one may be actual news! The social media hype train just posted Wendell’s vid. Note the caption:

��0️⃣ made his mark in Year 1 & the best is yet to come ✊��

https://www.facebook.com/10287582445...4456/?vh=e&d=n

Best is yet to come?!?! That’s pretty damn clear, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    hard to imagine Moore leaving anyway, but anything's possible..good to have him back if true...
    What budwom said. Theres no question Moore is coming back / or at least no question he's not sniffingthe NBA next year. The guy who averaged 7ppg, 4rpg, 41% FG% / 21% 3FG%, and an Ast/TO < 1 will get zero interest from the L. Moore isn't going anywhere.

His only option would be straight to the D League or overseas, but rare to see a Freshman forego growth in college b/c they want to get to the D League quickly (same for overseas). I guess at some point we'll see it...but even then the person will be someone like Marques or Trevon who both had some sort of exceptional skill/asset that the league desires (in Marques' case its size+athleticism/defensive ability / for Trevon explosive athlete/quickness)

Not sure that is possible as other have said- but maybe Quinn as a leader - particularly helping to teach the young guys D.
    dukelifer

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    ?

quinn was a much better shooter and worse defender than goldwide. I don't see the comparison at all.
    Not my comment, but I assume itís more of a commentary on the situation: rising veteran guard who will likely take something of a backseat to a more talented incoming freshman. In that sense, sure. Not sure it means a ton, but itís at least easy to envision a vaguely similar dynamic.

Also Iím not so sure Quinn was that much worse a defender by senior year. Justise gets the defense reputation on that team but Quinn was regularly taking opposing guards completely out of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshima25 View Post
    Not my comment, but I assume itís more of a commentary on the situation: rising veteran guard who will likely take something of a backseat to a more talented incoming freshman. In that sense, sure. Not sure it means a ton, but itís at least easy to envision a vaguely similar dynamic.

Also Iím not so sure Quinn was that much worse a defender by senior year. Justise gets the defense reputation on that team but Quinn was regularly taking opposing guards completely out of games.
    IF cassius comes back, I imagine goldwire will be coming off the bench.
    It's being reported that due to coronavirus fears, Harvard has asked students not to return from spring break, and for classes to be held online.

Not to be outdone, UNC told students to stop coming to class 27 years ago under Dean Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    IF cassius comes back, I imagine goldwire will be coming off the bench.
    Yeah I don't disagree, though I do think lineups will fluctuate. Think we'd probably see occasional stretches with Roach/Goldwire/Cassius all on the floor as well.

My point wasn't that Goldwire is in fact Quinn, I just meant I get how someone could look at the general dynamic that way.

For that matter Roach isn't Tyus either, though I can't wait to see who he becomes!

Okay, I seem to have kicked a hornet's nest with Goldwire/Cook. I didn't mean that he would put up numbers like Quinn, but rather be the unsung veteran leader who has the toughness to be listened to and is called on in big game moments.