Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Optimist thread Ideas to survive no march madness

This might be too soon to suggest but we can still enjoy March madness. I plan to pick one of the following 5 years; 91 92 2001 2010 2015 and pull up selective games from you tube and watch the “tournament”

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    This might be too soon to suggest but we can still enjoy March madness. I plan to pick one of the following 5 years; 91 92 2001 2010 2015 and pull up selective games from you tube and watch the “tournament”
    A tough call for sure. I think I would go with '91. It is a bit of a blur. Duke went into the tourney after getting killed by UNC in the ACC tourney and after getting killed in the NCAA tourney the year before. I remember UNLV well but not the games before that.

Good idea. Cathartic maybe. But man, I might need stronger medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Let us know if you can find a replay of the full Duke-Wisconsin 2015 title game online. It appears that all versions of the full replay of that game have been pulled off YouTube.

I love this idea

Maybe people can share links if they find them. I used to have both the UNLV '91 FF win and the '92 Kentucky Elite Eight win on VHS - but not sure I have them and couldn't play them regardless. More modern times - the 2010 run with wins over Baylor (in a hostile environment), WVU (in a kind of revenge game where we were considered underdogs), and Butler were so magical.

Interesting -- I was thinking about what to do with the extra time, and you folks slayed that dragon! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    A tough call for sure. I think I would go with '91. It is a bit of a blur. Duke went into the tourney after getting killed by UNC in the ACC tourney and after getting killed in the NCAA tourney the year before. I remember UNLV well but not the games before that.
    I'll go with this year as well. I live where, before long, people around me are going to want to crown KU the winner since they were #1 at the time the season came to an unanticipated end.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Maybe people can share links if they find them. I used to have both the UNLV '91 FF win and the '92 Kentucky Elite Eight win on VHS - but not sure I have them and couldn't play them regardless. More modern times - the 2010 run with wins over Baylor (in a hostile environment), WVU (in a kind of revenge game where we were considered underdogs), and Butler were so magical.
    Here are some from 2010

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...YcvFtQEdekKBNc

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Good idea. Cathartic maybe. But man, I might need stronger medicine.
    One option is to go the ABC store and make your own hand sanitizer. If you need to take a break and watch a Duke game on Youtube, you can test it in moderation.

There are some good condensed games on Youtube even if they are not NCAA games. Duke-FSU in December 2017, for example, is one of my loudest memories of Cameron without students there.

Well, I guess now I can take my time and do some yard work, catch up on some reading,and watch some re-runs of some old Duke games I have. Man,the rest of this month is going to be strange!😢

Just guessing, but I suspect ESPN and ACCNet will be rebroadcasting as many classic tournament games as they can find over the next month--should probably watch their schedules if we can't find good links on streaming.

What to do?

Like most of you, I really miss the ACC and NCAA tournament. I agree with the decision to cancel, an ounce of prevention etc.

I plan on working a little more. My mighty, one man law practice can probably benefit with me not being distracted by Duke basketball.

I plan on reading more.

I plan on doing some glorious, spring skiing at Keystone, Breckenridge and Crested Butte.

I'll probably drink a little beer with my Louisville friend and commiserate about lost chances.

Yard work

Writing

I began rewriting a novel I have had in the computer for years. I told my wife with no basketball I should be finished by sometime in April.

Highschool baseball is still being played here in sc.
    For now.

I go down to the lake at the local university. Since the students are gone I yell at the geese to stay off of my lawn.

There’s a swan there that I’ve named Bilas. I yell at him the most.
    Last edited by camion; 03-13-2020 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I go down to the lake at the local university. Since the students are gone I yell at the geese to stay off of my lawn.

Is it the bald one?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Is it the bald one?

-jk
    No but he likes to squawk. Won’t shut up.

Must spread blah blah but thanks for my first chuckle of the day.

You’ve started something- I walk past two swans nearly everyday - they will be named Bilas and Dickie.