Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    Well considering everybody will be stuck at home without anything else to do maybe ratings will actually go up?
    Ratings will definitely go up. WFH.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Yeah, Roy will be embarrassed if is dad gum language is made public.
    Roy won't be playing in front of no fans

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    I assume this determination by NCAA higher-ups will eliminate court storming after a Duke loss !
    Let's not find out

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    Well considering everybody will be stuck at home without anything else to do maybe ratings will actually go up?
    Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Ratings will definitely go up. WFH.
    Except there's not going to be any "madness" to get sucked into. A large portion of NCAA Tourney viewers are not regular basketball fans. Watching games without crowds is going to feel like watching Friends (or whatever) without a laugh track for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Roy won't be playing in front of no fans
    Double negative for the win.

Except there's not going to be any "madness" to get sucked into. A large portion of NCAA Tourney viewers are not regular basketball fans. Watching games without crowds is going to feel like watching Friends (or whatever) without a laugh track for a lot of people.
    So you’re saying we’re all about to find out what it’s like to watch a game at the myth center?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    An appearance here by Boswell, a Founding Father of the DBR, has to be one of the brightest rays of light in a day of depressingly dim news. Good to see you, Bos!
    Absolutely! Bos, give my best to your lovely bride. Hint: The three of us had lunch in West L.A. (in the harbor) after the UCLA game in '95 or '96. I hope all is good in your world.

I'm sure I am not your target audience with that statement (most of us here are rabid fans, obviously) but laugh tracks make me nauseated. I can also do without commentary. Watching without crowd noise will be surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    So you’re saying we’re all about to find out what it’s like to watch a game at the myth center?
    Close, the Dean's Myth Center is probably a little quieter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    One day too late for the Cuse

Hey, I just heard that at the end of the final championship game of the ncaa tourney, they will have the song "One Silent Moment".

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm sure I am not your target audience with that statement (most of us here are rabid fans, obviously) but laugh tracks make me nauseated. I can also do without commentary. Watching without crowd noise will be surreal.
    I never even watched friends, it was just the first example that came to mind. Just trying to point out how weird this is going to be (and why it might actively turn off non-hardcore fans).

I never even watched friends, it was just the first example that came to mind. Just trying to point out how weird this is going to be (and why it might actively turn off non-hardcore fans).
    It will be super weird.

I am hardcore and I never have the sound on when I watch. I do see the crowd shots, though. I guess now it will be endless shots of The Admiral cheering.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    I am hardcore and I never have the sound on when I watch. I do see the crowd shots, though. I guess now it will be endless shots of The Admiral cheering.
    It did occur to me that this might be somewhat mitigated by people who watch games in bars (where sound is sometimes muted), but there is generally other audio going on at the bar (another game, music, other patrons) or it would be weird there too. I still think it will be weird for people at home, and I would expect bar attendance to be down as well.

It did occur to me that this might be somewhat mitigated by people who watch games in bars (where sound is sometimes muted), but there is generally other audio going on at the bar (another game, music, other patrons) or it would be weird there too. I still think it will be weird for people at home, and I would expect bar attendance to be down as well.
    I suppose the network could add some crowd noise and could CGI in some fans in the stands. I wonder if they will get creative.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I suppose the network could add some crowd noise and could CGI in some fans in the stands. I wonder if they will get creative.
    I just had a visual of 1,000 Jar-Jar Binkses sitting in the stands.

I now believe March Madness will be cancelled as early as tomorrow.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I now believe March Madness will be cancelled as early as tomorrow.
    I don’t know about tomorrow but can we get through the next three and a half weeks without a tournament team being hit with Covid-19? Can they keep playing the tournament once that happens? All it took to shut down the NBA was one player testing positive.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I don’t know about tomorrow but can we get through the next three and a half weeks without a tournament team being hit with Covid-19? Can they keep playing the tournament once that happens? All it took to shut down the NBA was one player testing positive.
    I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance this year’s tournament even starts. We’ll be lucky to see the conf tournaments conclude at this rate.

I have begun scouring Netflix for new series to watch.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block