Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Still they ended their season with a 28 point loss and a losing record. That will sting for a while.
    Will they put an asterisk on the season since it wasn't a complete season? If they could have played more games, in a post season tournament, they surely would have won enough to have finished at .500 or above - at least in their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Will they put an asterisk on the season since it wasn't a complete season? If they could have played more games, in a post season tournament, they surely would have won enough to have finished at .500 or above - at least in their minds.
    The lesser tournaments don't have as many games as the NCAAT. In order to finish at .500, they would (a) have to be invited to one of those tournaments with a 14-19 record (highly unlikely); and (b) have to win whatever tournament they went to. As far as I can tell, there's no possible way they could have finished above .500.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    They were done- there was no tourney for them.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    You Let The Whole State Down

Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Really sad that the season needed to end like this, but it was the right decision.

Just glad I still have my recording of this team's last game in Cameron. Might be watching that a few more times the next few weeks.

NC State as the highest seeded team to win a game in the ACC tournament has declared themselves to be the 2020 Tournament Champions

With the return to not attending classes (this time legit since non student athletes in same boat) I was expecting more from UNCheat.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    With the return to not attending classes (this time legit since non student athletes in same boat) I was expecting more from UNCheat.
    Yeah, but this time when they say "everyone's doing it," it's true.

Jordan Connette on Mike and Wingo giving Duke credit for forcing the hand of the ACC and NCAA to cancel tournaments.

In these uncertain times, I am inspired to see reporters continuing to pursue and share the stories that matter.

An hour after their worst defeat in ACC Tournament history, a devastating 81-53 loss to Syracuse that ended their season with a 14-19 record, the North Carolina Tar Heels stopped at an all-night eatery before they left Greensboro. Fittingly, it was called Carolina's Diner. The players and coaches sat together at two large tables, and were mostly quiet before and after receiving their food. Suddenly at the head of one table came a raspy voice, weathered from a long season of difficult practices, games, and press conferences, to break the long silence. "Here's to forgetting tonight," said Roy Williams, holding up his soft drink for an informal toast. Many of his table mates nodded their heads, and resumed eating quietly.

"No," came another voice from the opposite end of the same table. It was Sean May, who helped Williams win his first national title in 2005 and was now his Director of Operations. "Here's to never forgetting tonight," May said, not even looking up but rather focused on his plate. "I mean, these are the best pancakes I've ever eaten. We'll have to remember this place."

Apparently I must spread some comments around....

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Apparently I must spread some comments around...
    Got your back!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    The lesser tournaments don't have as many games as the NCAAT. In order to finish at .500, they would (a) have to be invited to one of those tournaments with a 14-19 record (highly unlikely); and (b) have to win whatever tournament they went to. As far as I can tell, there's no possible way they could have finished above .500.
    These are the 1924 Helms Champions - do you really think reality would bother them?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    In these uncertain times, I am inspired to see reporters continuing to pursue and share the stories that matter.
    Please spork Brevity for me. He/she just won the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Okay, but the Sweet Sixteen, as all Duke fans know quite well, is a far cry from the Final Four. I don’t think your ACC Tournament or Sweet Sixteen pick was all that bad. Sure, it looks bad now, but the fact is UNC had been playing well, and they have a talented roster with a coach — whether you like him or not — who is a proven winner at the highest level.

He’s also a proven WHINER at the highest level, but that’s a discussion for another day.
    Sure, it looks bad now. Sure, it looked bad all season, as they limped to a losing season record, a losing conference record--literally the worst record in the entire conference. Sure, there was rarely a time when it didn't look bad. Sure, they were seeded DFL in the conference tournament. Sure, they would've had to win 5 games in 5 days. Sure, every game would've been against increasingly competent opponents. Sure, no team has ever done that. Sure, after winning the ACCT, they would've been underdogs in both games of the first NCAAT weekend.

But hey, let's continue to claw and grasp for any shred of reason to just embellish and fantasize about why this unx team was better than their record and had a legitimately solid chance to win the entire ACCT and then make it through the first weekend of the NCAAT, when they would otherwise not even qualify for the NIT. Cool narrative, totally supported by facts.