Sports app recommendations

I've been meaning to post this for a while...does anyone here have a good sports app recommendation? I've been wanting to switch away from ESPN for a while for a number of reasons.

Ideally would be a clean look (easy on the eyes), lightweight (not a lot of bloat, one of my issues with ESPN), and have a high degree of customization for scoreboards (I want to see the scores of my different favorite teams across multiple leagues/sports in one place).

Bonus points if there is an app that lets me add individual games to my "home" or "favorites" on the fly, so I can follow a specific game without having to follow all the games for a given team.

So,what are y'alls favorite sports apps?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I've been meaning to post this for a while...does anyone here have a good sports app recommendation? I've been wanting to switch away from ESPN for a while for a number of reasons.

Ideally would be a clean look (easy on the eyes), lightweight (not a lot of bloat, one of my issues with ESPN), and have a high degree of customization for scoreboards (I want to see the scores of my different favorite teams across multiple leagues/sports in one place).

Bonus points if there is an app that lets me add individual games to my "home" or "favorites" on the fly, so I can follow a specific game without having to follow all the games for a given team.

So,what are y'alls favorite sports apps?
    I LOVE the Action Network app. It may or may not be the best for you given that it's built for sports bettors, but I find it to have the best user experience of any scoreboard app out there and, just for scores, it's still top flight in my book.

I think yahoo is the best. Switched to it a few years ago from ESPN and never looked back. Only use ESPN now for live streaming.

I like theScore mobile app
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Another vote for theScore. Very clean, doesn't have a lot of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    I think yahoo is the best. Switched to it a few years ago from ESPN and never looked back. Only use ESPN now for live streaming.
    I, too, use Yahoo. It’s worked well for me (well enough to not seek greener pastures).

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I like theScore mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I think we may have a winner. To get what I REALLY wanted took a bit of setup (adding a ton of favorites, and then customizing alerts for each so I don't get bombarded with news about Boston College), but I now get Duke BB/FB, all ACC BB/FB, a few miscellaneous teams, and then the top 25 for each sport all on one page, which was pretty much what I wanted.

Plus the widget which puts those scores on my home screen. Thanks! (any other suggestions still welcome of course).

Yahoo is ok, but in the past when I've tried it I didn't find it much better than ESPN, although it was a bit less bloaty/opens faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I have used The Score for a couple years. It is clean, simple and reliable.

CBS Sports app

I use the CBS Sports app, just because it's not ESPN. It's fine, but not great.

yahoo does everything in a sports app i look for...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

This thread aged well. So which sports app is best now that there are no sports?

Another vote for yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    This thread aged well. So which sports app is best now that there are no sports?
    Anything from EA Sports?

-jk

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I'm enjoying YouTube. Watched Ward / Ghatti 1, 2, and 3. Many think round 9 of the first fight is the best ever. Hard to argue. Also watched Mancini / Kim. I watched it live in '82 and I was morbidly curious. Of course the outcome was tragic, but it was a heck of a fight. Both were forgoing defense for offense. There is a well done video of Ray Mancini: The Good Son on there as well. Does a nice job of showing how that fight changed him, and showed a nice meeting with Kim's wife and the son he never knew who is a dentist now. From there it was Mancini / Camacho, then Camacho / Pazienza. Then I started watching Hot Ones - the show where they eat progressively hotter chicken wings. Very entertaining. YouTube sucks you into its vortex.