Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I’m going to assume you were not alive in 1968.
    That would be correct.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    We finally got to see the player we recruited in Matthew Hurt. His name is Justin Robinson.
    I was thinking the same thing. JRob did everything we were hoping Hurt would do tonight. But more than that, his impact on D was huge. He could switch screens, his length allows him to help from seemingly the other side of the court, and his timing blocking shots is uncanny.

Wow wow wow wow wow.

Quote Originally Posted by jb75 View Post
    Closest performance I can think of is Freddy Lind's.
    Could've seen J Rob's performance coming...Linds was out of nowhere...then again, I was tiny at the time.

Why did it come to the end of JRob's senior year to give him a real chance?

JRob had a senior night to remember. Just remarkable. Great games by Tre, Vernon and Cassius. UNC killed Duke inside but did not have enough. Fine way to end the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ballfour View Post
    And just two turnovers. I love team-oriented point guards who can score if needed and be trusted at the line. And although Anthony does a good job of making Anthony look bad, Jones also assisted in that area.

It makes me sad to see Hurt having the first year he's had. His confidence has to be shot at the moment. Not saying he should be playing a lot, and obviously his defense was always going to be an issue to be managed, but it's stunning to see him not even in the rotation. I guess this likely guarantees him returning.
    For some reason Hurt's defense was especially off today. As soon as he got in UNC went right at him, and pretty much scored at will. And a couple of times he was frantically running around trying to figure out where he was supposed to be. Not sure why, as he seemed to be making progress on this. I think if he works hard on getting stronger and keeps learning he could have a nice career. After all, he has JRob as an example!

Quote Originally Posted by porkpa View Post
    Everyone runs their own race.

Quote Originally Posted by porkpa View Post
    Maybe it took him that long to develop into the player he is today.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    JRob had a senior night to remember. Just remarkable. Great games by Tre, Vernon and Cassius. UNC killed Duke inside but did not have enough. Fine way to end the season.
    UNC is good and, I have this feeling inside, it's so weird, I think I actually like Cole Anthony. I'll be pulling for him in the NBA next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    UNC is good and, I have this feeling inside, it's so weird, I think I actually like Cole Anthony. I'll be pulling for him in the NBA next year.
    No. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Now that was winning basketball. UNC is very competitive now. Quality win. Could be our 1st 40 minute outstanding performance. We need to work a little on blocking out on rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    It's JRob's world, we're just living in it.

Vern was an unstoppable force once we figured out how to shake him loose. Bacot going to the bench didn't hurt.

Tre was SPECTACULAR!!! 20 and 10 assist, perfect from the line, and I think he went all 40 again. Plus, he locked up Anthony, with help from his teammates.

9 MFin F!
    With possibly a bonus #11 assist, while the box score shows ONLY 39 mins played

Awesome outing for Tre!

GTHC

And Brooks. Both should go.

Press conference link anyone??

UNC’s first last place ACC finish. How sweet it Is! Ironically if we held onto the game at Wake that wouldn’t be the case as the Deacs would have been alone in the cellar.

9F

from the bottom of my heart, thank you. Carolina looks good as a #14 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    Never would have thought at the end of this season it would be JRob over Alex and or Jack. ..
    Wonder if that is because as of 2 weeks ago JRob hadn't played more than 5 minutes in a meaningful game since Jan 2018? I remember recently feeling bad for him because his goal was to make the rotation by his last season and it clearly wasn't going to happen. Incredible turnaround. Was physically and mentally ready and took advantage of the break he got due to some really bad play in front of him. Amazing feel good story about perseverance that he will be able to tell for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull City Proud View Post
    GTHC
    Ditto.

And GTH all you over-entitled naysayers.

Yes I like the fact Cole Anthony played tonite; without him the Cheats might have had a chance.