Thread: Other Podcasts

Other Podcasts

Other than the obvious one, what do you guys listen to? Parrish and Norlander are ok, but are there any others you guys recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDevil View Post
    Other than the obvious one, what do you guys listen to? Parrish and Norlander are ok, but are there any others you guys recommend?
    I'm locking this thread and issuing infractions to anyone who replies.

I listen to a lot of newsy podcasts. The only other college hoops one I listen to at all is Parish and Norlander... though their schtick is starting to wear thin on me. I'll be interested in seeing some of the suggestions others give.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm locking this thread and issuing infractions to anyone who replies.

I listen to a lot of newsy podcasts. The only other college hoops one I listen to at all is Parish and Norlander... though their schtick is starting to wear thin on me. I'll be interested in seeing some of the suggestions others give.
    Glad to hear it's not just me they are rubbing wrong. I listen to all the DBR Podcasts, but most of the CBB podcasts are almost unlistenable.

Glad to hear it's not just me they are rubbing wrong. I listen to all the DBR Podcasts, but most of the CBB podcasts are almost unlistenable.
    I greatly enjoy Parrish and Norlander's. Titus and Tate are also occasionally fun (as long as you don't let Tate's being a UNC homer make your blood boil). Jordan Sperber's was very enlightening, but it looks like he may have stopped doing them. I gave up on Ken Pom's as it was pretty boring.

The Devils Den podcast is a good Duke centric listen.

Usually a little more realistic (or pessimistic depending on your outlook) than the DBR one, which I enjoy.

JJ Redick's podcast is fascinating. Production is sporadic, but he provides amazing insights into NBA life, and a lot of other stuff (food and wine...). He represents Duke well.

Rob Dauster of NBC is pretty good, though he typically has a lot of the same talking points as the CBS guys so you don’t really need to listen to both.

The Duke Basketball podcast is the “official” Duke media podcast hosted by Jon Scheyer and radio announcer Dan Shumate. It is excellent, gives plenty of behind the scenes info on what the coaching staff does and thinks.

Cameron Chronicles is student-led by some editors of the newspaper, pretty good takes, mostly reactionary to what happens on the court.

Sam Vecine’s Game Theory podcast is NBA centric, he’ll talk about college players from the standpoint of draft projections. Good if you’re interested in that side of the sport.

Jeff Goodman has one called Good And Plenty, he does a lot of interviews with coaches.

Seth Greenberg and Dan Dakich have one that occasionally listen to, but they’re lower on my list.

That’s all the college hoops pods I have in my feed. I listen to a lot while commuting and exercising, so if you want recommendations on non-sports pods I’d be happy to provide.

Shouts to Devan Downey, shouts to Chester, SC, shouts to Terry Teagle - he's the legend, shouts to Larnelle.

You guys have hit most of the ones that I sample. If you like interviews with coaches, I'd also recommend "College Hoops Today with Jon Rothstein" and Andy Katz's "March Madness 365". Katz also usually has a player interview. I have not yet checked out Shane Ryan's new "The Cameron Lazies".

As for Dauster, I used to like his show more before he started bringing on Reegs from Barstool.
    Last edited by Billy Dat; 03-04-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Titus and Tate are borderline irrational human beings. Don't listen to their podcast and expect to hear anything factual.