View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over NC State tonight?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vernon Carey Jr.

0 0%
  • Javin Delaurier

0 0%
  • Joey Baker

0 0%
  • Cassius Stanley

24 22.43%
  • Tre Jones

0 0%
  • Jordan Goldwire

18 16.82%
  • Wendell Moore, Jr.

0 0%
  • Matthew Hurt

0 0%
  • Justin Robinson

65 60.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Justin's presence on the court this evening was HUGE, a couple of yardarms worth.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 03-03-2020 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Someone else will have to do the yardarm to cinder block conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    I understand the sentimental vote but did anyone see Jordan's passing? Shooting? Control when Tre had none? He carried us in all phases of the game when no one (other than Justin) cared to. Granted Cassisu stepped up in the 2nd half and the zone helped free up Vernon, but Goldwire man - what a revelation.
    38 minutes, 5-7 from the field, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, only 2 turnovers despite being the primary ballhandler for a huge chunk of the game.

Dude was SPECTACULAR!

Wanted to vote Robinson or Goldwire, but Cassius Stanley is my MOTM. His offense was so very needed, and he delivered, big time.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Went with JRob. JGold and Cas played really well and are certainly deserving but JRob kept it from going the other way.

One thing I've noticed in the MOTM thread. Wen we lose, there isn't one and when we win, there's usually more than one or two choices. I hope that continues for the rest of this season.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    The man of the match was Coach K. As Monty Python's Flying Circus exclaims "Perfect"! Without K, another humiliating loss. Thanks, Coach.
    This is the first game that I remember him with his jacket off in quite a while. I think he needs to stick with that intensity into April.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    38 minutes, 5-7 from the field, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, only 2 turnovers despite being the primary ballhandler for a huge chunk of the game.

Dude was SPECTACULAR!
    Well said. To me, this was Goldwire's best game.

He isn't a natural scorer, and when he's in a position to score I think he thinks too much. Yesterday, he showed he can score opportunistically. You can't leave him open anymore.

What's great about Goldwire is the kid is very athletic. He's longer, bigger, stronger, and potentially more agile than Tre. Players like Goldwire - who show incredible progress from year to year - are so enjoyable. Happy to have this young lad on the team.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I don't really think there was a single MOTM. We had five-way double-digit scoring, and the zone defense is what turned the game around. Since that's the case, I voted for Stanley and his SportsCenter moment.