Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    There are a million ways to accomplish it, but I have been discussing "more Jack" as a way of boosting the defense and the rebounding in the "Is Jack OK?" thread. Hand in hand with advocating for a bit more Jack is a belief that we need a bit less from JGold. While it may seem foolish talk about playing a wing less and allowing a PF to play more, I believe JGold and Jack's playing times are correlated as a result of Wendell Moore getting minutes at PF rather than on the wing.

I mentioned this on the podcast this week, but Duke has gone from one of the best rebounding teams in the country to a below average one in the past 8-10 games. In our last 10 games, we are 71st in the nation at OReb% and 226th in DReb%. That's a real problem.
    Must spread, blah blah.. I agree so much with this. I would add, go back to what was working earlier & play our bench.

As far as Jack goes. He does things that maybe don't show up so much in the stat sheet. I think when he is really in the rotation he adds a toughness this team sorely needs.

Or maybe zone?

So, Jack White never even takes off his warmups and we crush State on the boards by 19. When we missed a shot we were almost as likely to get the rebound as they were (16 ORebs for us to 18DRebs for them).

I give up... no clue what this team is going to be. No clue who is going to play. No clue who is going to play well. No... clue...

The Duke team in the final 15 minutes is a team that can win a title, but the team that played the first half also exists and that team could easily lose at any moment in the tournament.

At this point, JRob simply has to be in the rotation, right? I mean, is there any question?

-Jason "maybe the out of the box idea is zone and turning out 11th man into our 6th man" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I give up... no clue what this team is going to be. No clue who is going to play. No clue who is going to play well. No... clue...
    I think what you're looking for is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, Jack White never even takes off his warmups and we crush State on the boards by 19. When we missed a shot we were almost as likely to get the rebound as they were (16 ORebs for us to 18DRebs for them).

The Duke team in the final 15 minutes is a team that can win a title, but the team that played the first half also exists and that team could easily lose at any moment in the tournament.

At this point, JRob simply has to be in the rotation, right? I mean, is there any question?

-Jason "maybe the out of the box idea is zone and turning out 11th man into our 6th man" Evans
    That's what I've been saying for a while now. The guy has a high basketball IQ. He knows the Duke system and seems to be in the right place at the right time. I love how if he can't get a rebound, he knows who to tap the ball to. After the Wake game, I thought for sure J-Rob would be in the rotation at Virginia but he didn't even play. Knowing what each player will do is no more baffling than what Coach K will do.

GoDuke!

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    A week ago I would've expected K to start Jack and Javin on Saturday, even for a brief moment, on senior night... while he doesn't do what Roy does, considering the pair of them have been key rotation players it wouldn't be out of the box. Now, does Justin start?!?!
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    A week ago I would've expected K to start Jack and Javin on Saturday, even for a brief moment, on senior night... while he doesn't do what Roy does, considering the pair of them have been key rotation players it wouldn't be out of the box. Now, does Justin start?!?!
    I don't think Coach K will do that but you never know. What I want to see is Coach K put all three in with 3 minutes to go and the score be Duke 82-Cheats 50. 9F

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if all three start. They're all captains, right?