Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    So, are the hoos just historically lucky this year? Or are they the college hoops equivalent of the Oakland A’s?
    Reading the last couple of pages of posts, and thinking back on the last 2-3 months of games, I'd say it's somewhere in the middle. We (UVA) *have* been really good in some of the close games we've closed out, and lucky in some games.

UVA is probably a better team than the advanced stats/efficiency metrics, but probably not as good as the results we've gotten. I'd guess based on how we've handled late/tight contests in general, we're probably about 2-3 games above where I'd expect if the season was replayed over and over many times. To me, we look *overall* a notch below FSU/Louisville/Duke, and a notch above the 5-9 ACC teams. If we beat Louisville and win a game in the ACCT quarters, we'll probably end up seeded somewhere around the 5/6/7 line, and I think we're more like an 8/9/10ish team.

Maybe all this good luck (plus Purdue/Auburn/TT last year) is continued "balancing karma" from heartache of MSU/CuseE8/UMBC. Hopefully there's a little more to come! ;-)

Wahoos are one-point favorites against Louisville. I fully expect them to somehow win by half a point.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    "the article also says Virginia's strategy is working and they are the kind of team that could upset a couple clubs in the Dance and make a real run"
    But a the article references, and as other 538 articles have explained, UVa's style means they are vulnerable to upset just as much as they are able to generate an upset. They are on the right side of the equation this season, because they are not highly ranked. But there's a reason they were the first 1 to lose to a 16. It's inherent in their style that they are more vulnerable to - and can benefit more from - luck than other teams.

GT wins their last game of the year to finish 11-9 while Clemson finishes 9-11.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    GT wins their last game of the year to finish 11-9 while Clemson finishes 9-11.
    UVa plays the ugliest brand of basketball but they win - and that is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    UVa plays the ugliest brand of basketball but they win - and that is what matters.
    They are winning games. I don't think anyone wants them in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    Wahoos are one-point favorites against Louisville. I fully expect them to somehow win by half a point.
    hah...a little better than that. I thought the atmosphere was dead, awful, until the last minute BTW.