Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    The coach should drive to Greensboro Monday morning and stand on top of the supervisor of officials' desk and cuss a blue streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I feel like Bart Simpson at the blackboard writing, “I will not Terp.”

Props to the Hoos.
    Bad calls happen. The officiating in the game wasn't egregious like the Wake game.

I'm just confused. I don't understand, I really don't. This team isn't bad. But they continue to prove me wrong this past month. I can't even imagine what I would feel like if Duke didn't turn it around against UNC and continued to get their behinds beat....

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    The coach should drive to Greensboro Monday morning and stand on top of the supervisor of officials' desk and cuss a blue streak.
    I dunno. I thought the officiating was actually pretty fair in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    First weekend team, Hurt didn't pan out to be the recruit we had hoped him to be.
    That is silly. He is very good player - who is very young and not physically mature. Lots of excellent Duke players struggled to put it all together in year 1. He is averaging around 10 pts a game. He just needs to get stronger and more consistent. He will be a major piece of next year’s team

Need more from others than Tre and Vern but today was still better than other two losses

Here’s a JOKE. ESPN BPI says Duke is over 90% to beat State. Please. That BPI is shiit Also says we are 92% to beat UNC. WTH

Bad calls happen. The officiating in the game wasn't egregious like the Wake game.
    Agreed. No gripes on that front. Tonight we looked very young late. Seems to be a theme the last couple of weeks.

I hope we can keep everyone minus Vernon. I think next years team has the chance to be special. No one else has a remote shot at being a first round pick.

Has a team ever scored 100 points and 50 points in back-to-back games and lost both?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I'm just confused. I don't understand, I really don't. This team isn't bad. But they continue to prove me wrong this past month. I can't even imagine what I would feel like if Duke didn't turn it around against UNC and continued to get their behinds beat...
    They lost in 2 OTs and a by a bucket- hardly getting their behinds beat. State was a very bad loss.

Bright spot/silver lining?

Jack got meaningful and decent # of minutes, held his own. Guess we can shut down the "Is Jack OK?" thread now

To add: too many freshman playing young when it counts, in the 29th game of the season. Decision making is the biggest culprit. Across the board, not just one - Vernon, Cassius, Moore, Hurt.

5 thoughts...

1. The loss was not on Carey, but he had the shot to go ahead near the end. I think he was surprised how open he was - I don't think he had such an open look inside all game. UVA's defense really pressured him. But he should have gone up strong instead of the pump fake. Two hands and dunk it... I hate that head fake in the post for any player. In the midrange and beyond, fine. But in the post it just gives the defense a chance to converge.

2. Vitale was saying that Duke started out slow. By tempo and score, very true. But I actually though Duke did play OK in the early minutes. UVA just met them equally and scored more early. And I didn't see Duke's intensity falter at any point. So at least that was there this game.

3. After a really good game by JRob against Wake... 0 minutes? Really? K is the best, but I just didn't understand that one. White got more minutes this game, but he didn't seem all that productive (though at least he actually took a shot). I think JRob would have been a better choice. But I really just don't understand the rotation at all right now. The bench seems to have shortened, but why? Earlier on, it seemed to be working better. Maybe more predictability helped the players, and now things are more confused?

4. I have no real problem with that last play. 3.7 seconds is enough time to get a shot, and Jones had one to win. It just didn't drop. But they could have pushed the ball to half court first, then called timeout. Then set up Banks/Laettner look. But then again, if Jones had hit that shot, he might have wrapped up ACC POY. Oh well...

5. It's conceivable now that Duke could drop out of a bye in the ACC Tourney. This UVA loss was a close one, so I'm not all that upset about it given Duke's play against the best defense in the country. But to fall out of a bye? Unbelievable. They must run the table against State and Carolina. Hopefully their intensity keeps up, even after this loss.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    They lost in 2 OTs and a by a bucket- hardly getting their behinds beat. State was a very bad loss.
    Wake was also a very bad loss. We had a huge lead late. Let’s not kid ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    5 thoughts...

1. The loss was not on Carey, but he had the shot to go ahead near the end. I think he was surprised how open he was - I don't think he had such an open look inside all game. UVA's defense really pressured him. But he should have gone up strong instead of the pump fake. Two hands and dunk it... I hate that head fake in the post for any player. In the midrange and beyond, fine. But in the post it just gives the defense a chance to converge.

2. Vitale was saying that Duke started out slow. By tempo and score, very true. But I actually though Duke did play OK in the early minutes. UVA just met them equally and scored more early. And I didn't see Duke's intensity falter at any point. So at least that was there this game.

3. After a really good game by JRob against Wake... 0 minutes? Really? K is the best, but I just didn't understand that one. White got more minutes this game, but he didn't seem all that productive (though at least he actually took a shot). I think JRob would have been a better choice. But I really just don't understand the rotation at all right now. The bench seems to have shortened, but why? Earlier on, it seemed to be working better. Maybe more predictability helped the players, and now things are more confused?

4. I have no real problem with that last play. 3.7 seconds is enough time to get a shot, and Jones had one to win. It just didn't drop. But they could have pushed the ball to half court first, then called timeout. Then set up Banks/Laettner look. But then again, if Jones had hit that shot, he might have wrapped up ACC POY. Oh well...

5. It's conceivable now that Duke could drop out of a bye in the ACC Tourney. This UVA loss was a close one, so I'm not all that upset about it given Duke's play against the best defense in the country. But to fall out of a bye? Unbelievable. They must run the table against State and Carolina. Hopefully their intensity keeps up, even after this loss.

9F
    Duke can lose its last 2 games and still get a buy.

I think many of us are underestimating how difficult it is to win on the road in the ACC. Even in a down year for the conference, road wins are hard to come up for many teams. Ask FSU and Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by goduke03861 View Post
    I hope we can keep everyone minus Vernon. I think next years team has the chance to be special. No one else has a remote shot at being a first round pick.
    Well, Tre is probs gone. But Cassius isn't unless he returns to highlight form; Hurt and Wendell have to be back. Jordan back for senior leadership and D at guard will help stabilize.

Theres a reason why all of college basketball is kind of awful this year, the high school class was awful.

Better intensity today. Hope kids keep pushing forward

Yep. This was all self inflicted. Pretty much everyone played young. I also think that Coach didn't have his finest 2 hours either.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    5 thoughts...

9F
    I'm very surprised Robinson didn't play.

Isn't Clemson in 5th place with a 9-9 record? Doesn't that mean Duke is guaranteed a bye at 13-5 with two games left?