Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yup, I plant to get my second on some Friday where rain is predicted for the weekend. Probably due in a few weeks, so I can get my flu shot at the same time.

MrsPK says I also need a distemper shot. Not sure about that.
    Please post a pic of you wearing the cone of shame.

MrsPK says I also need a distemper shot. Not sure about that.
    My friend bought a very large house for just him and his wife. I told him, “ you two will probably go days without seeing each other”. He responded, “that’s the plan”.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Excessive licking?
    He wishes! Oh, wait, can I get put on holiday for saying that?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Have you been coughing up fur balls, or developing hot spots? Excessive licking?
    Define "excessive."

On second thought -- don't.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    He wishes! Oh, wait, can I get put on holiday for saying that?
    Be careful, much worse things may happen to you. A recording of you saying it may be publicly released and the next thing you know you’re POTUS.

Finally got my Shingrix shot #1 yesterday afternoon. My arm was sore that evening, and then both late yesterday and today I've had a racing heart rate, my face is flush, and I am very, very tired. However, I receive a tapered dose of methylprednisolone at the same time to help take care of a nerve problem in my back, so I can't tell if my reaction is to the steroid, the Shingrix, or a combination of the two. In any case, I set my appointment to go back after the first of the year for shot #2. The doc said it's 50/50 as to whether or not it's worse the second time, so I'll plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Finally got my Shingrix shot #1 yesterday afternoon. My arm was sore that evening, and then both late yesterday and today I've had a racing heart rate, my face is flush, and I am very, very tired. However, I receive a tapered dose of methylprednisolone at the same time to help take care of a nerve problem in my back, so I can't tell if my reaction is to the steroid, the Shingrix, or a combination of the two. In any case, I set my appointment to go back after the first of the year for shot #2. The doc said it's 50/50 as to whether or not it's worse the second time, so I'll plan accordingly.
    yeah, who knows? My wife's first shot laid her out for several days, both my shots were fine...it's just a good idea to not make any important plans for several days after you get a Shingrix shot to make sure you can wallow in bed if need be.

yeah, who knows? My wife's first shot laid her out for several days, both my shots were fine...it's just a good idea to not make any important plans for several days after you get a Shingrix shot to make sure you can wallow in bed if need be.
    My mother (age 69) recently had both doses of the Shingrix vaccine. I had warned her of the possible side effects. The first dose didn't effect her at all. The second did bother her a bit. She said she was achy all over and mildly nauseous for a day. However, the symptoms resolved fairly quickly.

She had a case of shingles about 10 years ago and unequivocally stated that 24 hrs of not feeling well was FAR better than having shingles.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

yeah, you really don't want the shingles...I was lucky enough to get an ultra mild case some years ago, which was found and treated very very early. Ugly ailment.

Went to get my flu shot this afternoon, went ahead and got the second Shingrix while I was there. Good weekend to sit home and mellow.

Went to get my flu shot this afternoon, went ahead and got the second Shingrix while I was there. Good weekend to sit home and mellow.
    Hope you're still alive for Virtual Pub this afternoon .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

you can always hoist your beer with your left arm...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hope you're still alive for Virtual Pub this afternoon .
    I got a sour. To match my disposition.

(feeling pretty much okay now, but last time the second 24 hours was worse than the first. Thanks to those kind souls who have asked!)

Look forward to the virtual pub zoom at 4pm (info on beer thread) to see those who join! Can’t wait to show off my costume. All are welcome (unless you piss off fuse, in which case you may get tossed like — well, like ChatBot tosses me at Crazietalk!)

I got a sour. To match my disposition.

(feeling pretty much okay now, but last time the second 24 hours was worse than the first. Thanks to those kind souls who have asked!)

Look forward to the virtual pub zoom at 4pm (info on beer thread) to see those who join! Can’t wait to show off my costume.
    Really, really hoping it's more than a pair of socks.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Really, really hoping it's more than a pair of socks.
    I once went to a Halloween party in a sweatshirt and sweatpants, with socks glued partially all over it. I was going as “static cling.”

Ugh, second nap. Not feeling swell.

If you are amphibious.

DBR has talented members

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    If you are amphibious.
    Most of us here are, at least for drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    If you are amphibious.
    I just received an e-mail ad for wine made in amphorae (or amphoras, if you prefer). Does that count?

Ugh, second nap. Not feeling swell.
    How about today? This is why I started the thread back in February...I did fine, but my wife was very sick for more than a day, very unpleasant (and somewhat unexpected).