Cataract Surgery

I have needed it for a couple of years and got new lenses this summer.

The best indication to me that I really needed new lenses was after the first one was replaced. The twilight sky appeared blue through my new lens but was totally gold in the old lens. Hmmmm...

I had mine done about two years ago, and I had a similar experience.

Shortly before my surgery, we repainted the downstairs interior of our house. During that process, my wife and I had some slightly intense discussions about how the new colors were working out. And then as soon as my first eye was done, I meekly switched to the "Uhmm... never mind" mode.

It did make a big difference - which I had been totally unaware of.

I had my left eye done at 21 following 2 surgeries to repair a torn retina. It was a walk in the park compared to the first two!

Good luck!

When it’s time, it’s time.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    When it’s time, it’s time.
    that's for sure. My eyes seem fine to me, but when I've visited an ophthalmologist she's told me she can see the beginnings of cataracts as she does in most people my age.

When I try to open the TV looking for a beer I guess I'll have to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    that's for sure. My eyes seem fine to me, but when I've visited an ophthalmologist she's told me she can see the beginnings of cataracts as she does in most people my age.

When I try to open the TV looking for a beer I guess I'll have to do something about it.
    I thought they stored beer in TV's in Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I thought they stored beer in TV's in Vermont.
    that's what I thought, too! Maybe just in the 75" models and bigger?

My boss at work had his done. Hr seems to be doing fine.
    I told him he now looks like crazy eyes.

Maybe if I stop viewing this thread for a couple of weeks or so, that image might scroll far enough down that it will be safe for me to return. That might just be the most disturbing thing I have ever seen.

My mom had put off having hers done b/c she was taking care of my dad. After he died, she was looking into it. She was finally starting to realize that when I told her things were a different color than what she thought, I was right and it was her cataracts making things look different. There was a throw on the sofa that she kept calling orange (it was pink). Once, she sat staring at the hoodie I was wearing and finally said, "That's not carolina blue, is it?" knowing full well that I would NEVER have bought anything that color (it is bright spring green!)

The morning of getting her first eye done, she came home, looked at the orange/pink throw on the sofa, and said, "Huh! Well THAT'S different!"

So, yes, you will notice some differences in colors and brightness for a while.