As we age, your doc is well apt to recommend getting the relatively new Shingrix vaccine once you hit 50. It's a two shot regimen, and thought I'd point out for those who plan on getting it that the mentioned side effects can indeed be real.
My wife was in bed for a full day after her first shot (101 fever, chills, aches, nausea) though I had no reaction.

Yesterday I went and got my second shot at Costco, the pharmacist told me I was unlikely to have a reaction since I didn't react to the first shot. However...twelve hours later I was moaning in bed with a 101 fever, aches, flu like symptoms without the flu. Quite an unpleasant day.

The point is that if you're getting these shots (which is a very good idea) you might want get them on a day when you don't have something big coming up the next day or two, like a major work assignment, or leaving on vacation, etc.
(One study showed that 28% of patients ran a fever).

And yes, I realize that Shingrix is a dead vaccine, but that doesn't alter the fact that some side effects are fairly common, so be aware, mes amis!