Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    I really thought that the depth of this team would stave off this kind of decline. I loved that we go 10 deep, but now I don’t think that’s a good thing.

To provide a little light on this gloomy night, at least your Tar Heel friends can’t say much regardless of who we lose to. Have a good night gents...

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I don’t think there is any room for complaining about our schedule as we got Louisville and FSU once each, and both at home.
    I don't think he was complaining about Duke's schedule. I'm pretty sure it was a reference to UVA's schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by goduke03861 View Post
    Think we should just acknowledge Jack White is no longer a factor for this team.
    But why? Is he still hurting? Is he put in briefly to see if he can go or not? If it was something else he'd be anchored to the bench.

Maybe coach K does need to rethink his lineups. Getting JRob into this one worked for a while. We could use a backup center or PF. Maybe JRob can do that along with Hurt. Javin isn't getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    I really thought that the depth of this team would stave off this kind of decline. I loved that we go 10 deep, but now I don’t think that’s a good thing.
    We haven't been going ten deep lately, and only went 9 deep tonight because three guys fouled out so had to...

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Going to stall ball with 8+ minutes left cost us the game. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

Did I mention that I hate it? Well, I do.
    Nope. Not at all why we lost. Stallball kept us from fouling out sooner, and we were up 9 with 1:21 to go. Stallball worked.

We lost because we played the first 15 minutes without poise and because we played the last 1:21 of regulation without poise.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Going to stall ball with 8+ minutes left cost us the game. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

Did I mention that I hate it? Well, I do.
    I was saying the same thing, especially when playing small ball. Spread, drive, attack. It took the aggression completely away. The notion of getting stops or steals for the rest of the game ended. Tre is a warrior, but played hero ball in the 2nd OT. Really enjoy this group, but geez it is tough watching them struggle against mediocre teams.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    duke looked good...
    Ouch. Most devastating comment yet.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I don’t think there is any room for complaining about our schedule as we got Louisville and FSU once each, and both at home.
    Yup. This was the year to win it. Which is why this sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Maybe coach K does need to rethink his lineups. Getting JRob into this one worked for a while. We could use a backup center or PF. Maybe JRob can do that along with Hurt. Javin isn't getting it done.
    What happened to Robinson eventually?

Tre with 24 points, 9 assists, and 7 rebounds.

Wendell with 25 points including 15-16 from the line. I think Wendell could hit some clutch free throws at the end of the game in February, March, or April that will win a big game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mak P View Post
    This is still a young team who only lost cause the opponent shot 50 FT. Look at the other side
    A completely meaningless stat. If one team shoots a lot more FTs than the other, it is not necessarily (and not usually) the fault of the refs. In looking at the last 3-4 pages of the in-game thread, I really thought I had been transported over to IC or PP. I am pleasantly surprised that the comments in the post-game thread, at least so far, appear much more insightful and realistic and put the blame squarely on where it probably belongs: the effort of the team.

While I did not watch the game, after looking at the in-game comments I called up my old buddy who still watches the games and maintains his interest in basketball. I asked him if he thought the officiating was influencing the outcome, and he said in effect "no way!". I trust his judgment a lot more than those who posted in the in-game thread tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    The season is shaping up about how I expected. I figured we would end up around 3rd or 4th in the league. But despite that, this still all feels very disappointing. It’s probably because as the season has gone on there is nothing about the team that has improved. If anything, it continues to regress. It’s also pitiful that the two senior rotation guys are almost complete non-factors. These are not K’s finest days.
    Yeah I'm not really sure what is going on with White and DeLaurier. Theyre total non factors. I tend to agree with you on Coach K. I just don't really know what to say anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjeffrey View Post
    I don't think he was complaining about Duke's schedule. I'm pretty sure it was a reference to UVA's schedule.
    Ours is easier than UVA’s this year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    To provide a little light on this gloomy night, at least your Tar Heel friends can’t say much regardless of who we lose to. Have a good night gents...
    I beg to differ. I just tell them I hope we make the NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenorth View Post
    But why? Is he still hurting? Is he put in briefly to see if he can go or not? If it was something else he'd be anchored to the bench.
    I don’t know, but it’s very non-Coach K like to all but completely bench a senior captain this late in a season. Something up for sure.

This team has been losing by at least 7 points in our last 7 road games, we've been incredibly lucky to have won most.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    I was saying the same thing, especially when playing small ball. Spread, drive, attack. It took the aggression completely away. The notion of getting stops or steals for the rest of the game ended. Tre is a warrior, but played hero ball in the 2nd OT. Really enjoy this group, but geez it is tough watching them struggle against mediocre teams.
    I'll agree with most of this. When the team finally wakes up and starts playing some inspired basketball you don't ease off the gas, which is what we did to let Wake back into the game. Yes, we had a very nice lead with under 2 minutes to play, but at that point we were playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Duke gave up 47 points over the last 13 mins of the game.
    I wonder if there's a correlation between this fact and Vernon Carey, and then our other two big men fouling out?