Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Big win for UNC. They’re now projected in the “last four in” for the ACC Tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by fan345678 View Post
    Big win for UNC. They’re now projected in the “last four in” for the ACC Tourney.
    Couldn’t spork. Thanks for adding some levity to last evening’s results.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

They are in control of their own destiny. Only their play from here on out will determine if they're they 14 or 15 seed in the ACC tourney. Tense times.

😂

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Virginia can't even beat Duke consistently when they have a GREAT team. Not expecting much resistance from my Hoos this Sat, sadly. Have to take care of business @VT on Wed to stay on pace to make the NCAAs comfortably.
    Tony Bennett has owned most teams in the ACC the last 6-7 seasons, but Duke hasn’t been one of them. UVa beat Duke in 2013 in Charlottesville, 2014 in the ACC title game in Greensboro, and 2018 at Cameron. Overall, though, Bennett is just 3-11 vs Coach K. However many of the losses for UVa to Duke out of those 11 were close games. Duke beat UVa 72-70 last year at Cameron for instance.

I think it will be another close, hard fought, low scoring game in the high 60s or low 70s Saturday. If UVa can continue shooting the ball better from deep (mainly Woldetensae), they’re going to give Duke a good game. Their defense is still superb and they’ve been playing good basketball lately winning 7 of their last 8 with the 1 loss being when they took Louisville down to the wire at the KFC YUM! Center.

Just wanted to point out that if UVa beats Duke on Saturday, the Devils will be the #4 seed.

Oh how the mighty have fallen...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Just wanted to point out that if UVa beats Duke on Saturday, the Devils will be the #4 seed.

Oh how the mighty have fallen...
    Not great Bob. OTOH UVA still hosts Louisville so that could be an L allowing Duke to get back to the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    Not great Bob. OTOH UVA still hosts Louisville so that could be an L allowing Duke to get back to the 3.
    Yep. If we lose to UVa, we have to become Louisville fans the following week. But if we beat UVa, we need to become UVa fans the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yep. If we lose to UVa, we have to become Louisville fans the following week. But if we beat UVa, we need to become UVa fans the following week.
    Truthfully, I'd almost rather be the 4-seed than the 3-seed, if only to avoid the late-night quarterfinal game. The downside, though, is likely meeting UVa in the quarters, as opposed to whoever survives to Thursday among the ND, Syracuse, State, Clemson mash-up.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

The silver lining of last night's loss - unc retains sole possession of last place in the ACC.

Va Tech Scores 11 Points in First Half

Losing at home to Virginia 26-11.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    The silver lining of last night's loss - unc retains sole possession of last place in the ACC.
    Wow Va Tech got 11 points in the first half at home!

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Losing at home to Virginia 26-11.
    I guess they went for 2 after their late touchdown....

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Wow Va Tech got 11 points in the first half at home!
    How with a shot clock & a 3 point shot is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    How with a shot clock & a 3 point shot is this possible?
    Well in fairness, they never seem to turn all the lights on in Blacksburg...

Kihei Clark drained a 3 with 2 seconds left as UVa beat VT 56-53 in Blacksburg.

UVa improves to 20-7, 12-5.

VT falls to 15-13, 6-11.

Folks UVa is hot and will be a tough out the rest of the season. I wouldn’t want to play that defense in a postseason tournament game do or die scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post

VT falls to 15-13, 6-11.

Folks UVa is hot and will be a tough out the rest of the season. I wouldn’t want to play that defense in a postseason tournament game do or die scenario.
    I didn’t watch the game. UVA won but VT outscored them 42-30 in the second half after putting up just 11
    on the first half. So, VT must have figured something out at halftime, right?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post

VT falls to 15-13, 6-11.

UVA struggles to score. They have #212 AdjO in the country. Not good.

Against ACC teams with AdjO > #50, UVA is 3-4. One of those wins was in OT. And the other was the first game of the year in the bizarro "let's play a conference game day-1" decision.

None of those opponents has as good an offense as Duke.

Look, I think it will be a tough game. It's UVA in Charlottesville. But if we play reasonably solid defense, I would be surprised if UVA can score with us.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    UVA struggles to score. They have #212 AdjO in the country. Not good.

Against ACC teams with AdjO > #50, UVA is 3-4. One of those wins was in OT. And the other was the first game of the year in the bizarro "let's play a conference game day-1" decision.

None of those opponents has as good an offense as Duke.

Look, I think it will be a tough game. It's UVA in Charlottesville. But if we play reasonably solid defense, I would be surprised if UVA can score with us.

- Chillin
    I'm not without hope, due to some consistency issues y’all have displayed, but I tend to agree with this analysis. We still don't have solid enough scoring to be truly competitive with elite teams.

Quote Originally Posted by W&LHoo View Post
    I'm not without hope, due to some consistency issues y’all have displayed, but I tend to agree with this analysis. We still don't have solid enough scoring to be truly competitive with elite teams.
    Co-sign, every word. Still turning into a really fun year in Charlottesville, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    Co-sign, every word. Still turning into a really fun year in Charlottesville, though.
    What does Hoo nation think about Jerome, and especially Guy, leaving early for the NBA...they're not exactly lighting it up (Jerome doing better than Guy)