Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    Great finish to the half!
    Yeah , to be tied after playing like that is a bonus. Keep JRob in the game!

JRob!!!!!!

Let’s Go Duke!!

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    If you had JRob coming in in the 1st half and providing a spark, raise your hand.
    Similar question if before the season started you thought Justin and Jordan would be on the court together during the 1st half of an ACC game.

It’s working!

Wake 15-19 from the line that half and Duke 7-7.

Even up the fouls some and I think Duke could still cover the -10.5 line in this one.

Justin Robinson gave Duke a lift off the bench that half. The two sequences where he stole the ball near half court off a deflection and laid it in along with the block then running the floor to throw down the alley oop from Moore were beautiful basketball.

I think if Duke cuts down in the fouls and turnovers next half and keeps making free throws, they’ll still have a shot at winning comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    I don’t care about the mistakes. I don’t care about sloppy play. But to come out with such low energy in the very next road game after last week is so disheartening. The biggest place you see it is in stoppages. When there’s a turnover or a foul or something, there’s no player clapping or trying to pump up his teammates. They’ve all just standing around waiting to go through the motions of the next play
    I think it comes from the lack of Jack White in the game.

Great finish to the half, despite playing so poorly for most of it.

Hopefully we have taken their best shot, and can come out strong in the 2nd and keep the momentum going.

This is a miracle that Duke gets a do over in the second half. The energy level just has to be different. Duke his some shots and got some transition buckets to even this up, but you want to see some better ball movement and half court offense next half. With Carey or Javin on the floor, they got stuck too often with four guys standing around the perimeter while the big guy posted up. It’s hard to work easy buckets that way, especially the way Wake is denying the entry pass and very little work being done to get rebounding position when the big guys are trying to post up

JRob really giving them a lift. Looking better the last six minutes of half. Moving the ball better. Now, let's go out and win the 2nd half and get the hell out of there!

If you had JRob coming in in the 1st half and providing a spark, raise your hand.
    Playing better than DeLaurier, which isn't difficult. Getting contributions from Alex as well.

Stop the sloppy turnovers and put guys in who don't foul as much and see what happens.

Wrong thread?

Doesn’t this belong in the Justin Robinson Appreciation Thread? 😉

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
    I think it comes from the lack of Jack White in the game.
    Somethings off on that front. In a game like this with all that foul trouble for him to not get much of a chance on the court is just odd. I have to imagine he’s not 100%.

Extremely pleased with the way we closed the half, but honestly at this point of the season there is no excuse for such a sluggish start. You'd think they would have learned their lesson after the horrible outing at State last week.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    JRob is trending on Twitter. That’s all.

If JRob dunked that... love to see him contributing.

I think the Jones/Goldwire duo is overused in a game like this. They are not stopping the drives, and between them it's an offensive liability. Would like to see more either-or, rather than both.

Doing a great job on Childress. He'll score eventually but right now it looks as if Jones is in his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I think the Jones/Goldwire duo is overused in a game like this. They are not stopping the drives, and between them it's an offensive liability. Would like to see more either-or, rather than both.
    I see it the other way. The combination has shut down Childress. Make the other players beat us. The we’re doing exactly that in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
    I see it the other way. The combination has shut down Childress. Make the other players beat us. The we’re doing exactly that in the first half.
    I have to say, the defense in the early part of the second half has been superb. You know, it is possible that a coach with 40 years' experience knows a hair more than I do. He certainly has more hair than I do. (This obligatory reference brought to you by Jay Bilas, who is currently not otherwise associated with his game, but wants to be.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I have to say, the defense in the early part of the second half has been superb. You know, it is possible that a coach with 40 years' experience knows a hair more than I do. He certainly has more hair than I do. (This obligatory reference brought to you by Jay Bilas, who is currently not otherwise associated with his game, but wants to be.)
    Yeah, I didn’t mean any criticism. I do agree that they were standing around waiting for something to happen at the beginning of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Playing better than DeLaurier, which isn't difficult. Getting contributions from Alex as well.

Stop the sloppy turnovers and put guys in who don't foul as much and see what happens.
    Can J-Rob be the difference? Certainly a big deal tonite when needed.