Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Lackluster so far...

I rarely say this but a lot of home cooking in this one to my eye on TV. We need to stay composed through that and avoid the temptation to blame the zebras.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Actually looking worse than in the State game. Dumb fouls, bad shots, poor shooting on good looks, not connected to each other and overall very flat. This is not a good Wake team, but we’re giving them hope.

Yeah, Manning seemingly thinks there should be zero fouls on Wake.

Quote Originally Posted by downeastdad View Post
    How are the personal fouls 7-2 in this game?
    One, I don’t complain about refs often, but some of these are not being called equal. I can get the calls on Duke, and I can get the non calls on wake, but not both in the same game. Wakes getting tight officiating on offense and loose officiating on defense.

That said, Duke isn’t being nearly aggressive enough to earn the calls either. Duke is shying a way from contact and settling for a bunch of floaters and jumpers. The aggressive team is going to beget more calls, regardless of the refs

They can't hit a shot to save themselves and Stanley, who hasn't played well now has 3 fouls. Time to right the ship but it certainly looks bad at this stage.

Exactly what I was afraid of. No shooting, no movement, dumb fouls. I guess the State game didn't sink in. Maybe the 2nd half will be better. I really don't know what to expect anymore.

We are playing right into their strengths, cheap fouls and sending them to the line. We need to play smarter.

Yikes. Turnovers like that are a sign of lack of focus. Something is off.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Is this game being played in Raleigh? Sloppy and low on energy again.

Looking terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    One, I don’t complain about refs often, but some of these are not being called equal. I can get the calls on Duke, and I can get the non calls on wake, but not both in the same game. Wakes getting tight officiating on offense and loose officiating on defense.

That said, Duke isn’t being nearly aggressive enough to earn the calls either. Duke is shying a way from contact and settling for a bunch of floaters and jumpers. The aggressive team is going to beget more calls, regardless of the refs
    Totally agree. Carey was completely clobbered on that one possession. No call.

JROB!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluenorth View Post
    Is this game being played in Raleigh? Sloppy and low on energy again.
    I don’t care about the mistakes. I don’t care about sloppy play. But to come out with such low energy in the very next road game after last week is so disheartening. The biggest place you see it is in stoppages. When there’s a turnover or a foul or something, there’s no player clapping or trying to pump up his teammates. They’ve all just standing around waiting to go through the motions of the next play

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    I don’t care about the mistakes. I don’t care about sloppy play. But to come out with such low energy in the very next road game after last week is so disheartening. The biggest place you see it is in stoppages. When there’s a turnover or a foul or something, there’s no player clapping or trying to pump up his teammates. They’ve all just standing around waiting to go through the motions of the next play
    The low energy also shows on lazy D and lots of horrific fouls. Need to stop giving them free points at the line. Love JROB’S energy. Making a huge difference on defense.

Looking a bit better. Can't believe Jamie made a late foul call on Goldwire on the last steal.

Robinson brings a bit more height to the lineup than White (while Carey and DeLaurier have unwelcome rests) but is White in K's doghouse lately?

Great finish to the half!

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    New 20 minute game. Throw everything out from that last 20 except JRob

If you had JRob coming in in the 1st half and providing a spark, raise your hand.