Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    This morning Vegas odds makers have Duke 11 to 11.5 favorites and the OU at 149. Something like 82-67 for the good guys. I'm hoping that the butt whipping Duke laid on them in Cameron is not on the minds of our guys. Chauncey Brown didn't play in that game and the game is in Joel. Those two things make it a lot tougher this time around. This team has come out and let the home team hang around too long for my old heart. If we can stop that trend of coming out slow when we're on the road, I think this team can do some special things.

GoDuke
    Last edited by jv001; 02-25-2020 at 07:54 AM. Reason: grammer.

Tidbit from The Athletic: The last time the Blue Devils won a road game by double digits was on Jan. 4 at Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    This morning Vegas odds makers have Duke 11 to 11.5 favorites and the OU at 149. Something like 82-67 for the good guys. I'm hoping that the butt whipping Duke laid on them in Cameron is not on the minds of our guys. Chauncey Brown didn't play in that game and the game is in Joel. Those two things make it a lot tougher this time around. This team has come out and let the home team hang around too long for my old heart. If we can stop that trend of coming out slow when we're on the road, I think this team can do some special things.

GoDuke
    Good points. Duke seemed tight from the get-go at NC State, which yes is a better team, but I was surprised how little the team talked to each other and how disengaged Coach K seemed. Probably a Jedi tactic, but hopefully there were lessons learned. Yes the ACC on the road is always tough but Duke needs to notch a dominate road win now. That being said, I'm not sure I'd take that line bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    Tidbit from The Athletic: The last time the Blue Devils won a road game by double digits was on Jan. 4 at Miami.
    In the whole league, there have only been 18 double-digit road game wins in the ACC this season (Duke has two of them, vs. VaTech and Miami). Only 10 of those were after January 4. Of the 18, only two of those were against the top half of the league (Louisville won @NCSU by 20 on February 2; UNC won @NCSU by 10 on January 27).

Since January 4, Duke has played four road games against the bottom half of the league. Three of them, Duke won by 9 (GaTech), 8 (BC), and 9 points (Syracuse), which are all pretty close to double digits. Overall, Duke has the ACC's best road record, by 1.5 games (Duke is 7-2 on the road; next are Louisville and FSU, each at 6-4).

In light of the above, I deem the Athletic's tidbit to be at best trivia and at worst clickbait.

This will not be am easy game for Duke. I think Childress will have a better game for Wake and one of Matthew, Joey or Alex will need to have a good game/games for Duke to get out of there with a W

Happy bday big Vernon! (Born on this day in 2001, 2 days before the "it's over" Maryland game...annnd now I feel old.)

Hope you have a big game to celebrate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    This will not be am easy game for Duke. I think Childress will have a better game for Wake and one of Matthew, Joey or Alex will need to have a good game/games for Duke to get out of there with a W
    Alex status has risen recently. I expect he will be the second non center sub. Maybe he is finally gaining confidence to go along with his athleticism and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Alex status has risen recently. I expect he will be the second non center sub. Maybe he is finally gaining confidence to go along with his athleticism and experience.
    I started to post that I agree with your take on Alex, but I'm not going to jinx him. If he plays bad tonight, it's on you Saratoga. I've got the anti-jinx going on Javin so I expect him to play a good game.

GoDuke!

Acc network biting me again.i refuse to pay.
    I m giving us 12 point margin of victory.

Fast start!!!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Anyone that watched us play State knows we can lose... play hard and start faster. No one in ACC is above losing

I will be interested to hear how many Duke fans are there, from those at the game.

I went last year, and I would say it was 30-40% Duke. Towards the end of the game, it was about 90%!

Go Duke!

DBR Chat is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

If it's running too fast for you, you can always check out the chat archive to catch up.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Too much standing around.

A lot of missed shots close to the basket already.

What are they possibly reviewing?

I'm afraid I've seen this movie before.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Acc network biting me again.i refuse to pay.
    I m giving us 12 point margin of victory.
    Same here. I refuse to pay!

How are the personal fouls 7-2 in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by downeastdad View Post
    I'm afraid I've seen this movie before.
    I have too and it’s a bad movie