Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Morning

This Morning

I just woke up from the strangest dream... There was no DBR

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I just woke up from the strangest dream... There was no DBR
    I thought maybe I had been sent on holiday but I knew not what for!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

The losses by Baylor, SDSU and Gonzaga caused us all to lose our collective minds.

Now I know what withdrawal is like.

Yeah DBR front page was up, but no forums. Tried to ask if anybody else saw the fact that Arizona missed two FTs in a row TWICE at the end of regulation (needed just 1 to win) and OT (needed one to tie, two to win) and somehow missed all four?! Painful. Amazing they had a chance with a great full court pass with 1 sec left in OT down 1, but then guy got fouled on shot attempt. Brutal (at home against Oregon). Bill Walton was also in top form...

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Now I know what withdrawal is like.
    I was walking around in a circle like I had one foot nailed to the ground.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Yeah DBR front page was up, but no forums. Tried to ask if anybody else saw the fact that Arizona missed two FTs in a row TWICE at the end of regulation (needed just 1 to win) and OT (needed one to tie, two to win) and somehow missed all four?! Painful. Amazing they had a chance with a great full court pass with 1 sec left in OT down 1, but then guy got fouled on shot attempt. Brutal (at home against Oregon). Bill Walton was also in top form...
    Ha to Arizona, that's what they get for screwing us out there thirty some years ago...yes, I hold a grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ha to Arizona, that's what they get for screwing us out there thirty some years ago...yes, I hold a grudge.
    Booker Turner, take that!

Lute Olson, back at you!

What happened “out there thirty some years ago”?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    What happened “out there thirty some years ago”?
    Laettner missed free throws, as I recall. Last time he did that!

This morning I thought I had done something terribly wrong & had been banned from DBR.

Whew...

I had a lot of very clever things to post. But now I have forgotten them...

I was starting to get really worried at one point thinking... what if it never comes back? What am I going to do?? I felt a little lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Laettner missed free throws, as I recall. Last time he did that!
    nay, nay, I'm referring to the 1987 Fiesta Bowl Classic in Tucson in which Duke got hosed all game long by the refs, K got ticked off, and Danny Ferry and The Lutester really went at it...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-unique#slide1

if you scroll down far enough, you can see Duke was called for 35 fouls, a McKale Center record...

Yea, it was weird. Couldn't get on forum, thought I was kicked out. So glad to see it back up. Feel better now!

nay, nay, I'm referring to the 1987 Fiesta Bowl Classic in Tucson in which Duke got hosed all game long by the refs, K got ticked off, and Danny Ferry and The Lutester really went at it...

if you scroll down far enough, you can see Duke was called for 35 fouls, a McKale Center record...
    I was referring to this, but it was 31 years ago and in the Meadowlands.

https://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-xpm-19890227-1989-02-27-8902260070-story.html

It was the 1991 game that went to double OT where there were 35 fouls called - and I was there! Thanks for the link; I remember the controversy over Koubek's 3 that they reversed and called a 2 - he was clearly behind the line! I had great seats thanks to a NICU doc I worked with, a season ticket holder, who knew I was a Duke fan. She just made me promise not to be obnoxious, which I found difficult due to the circumstances of the loss...but we got our revenge. Arizona had a great team that year though - buncha future NBA players.

Arizona won that game and another meeting with Duke at McKale Center in 1991. The double-overtime victory increased the Wildcats' home winning streak to 61 games, an accomplishment not thought highly of by the Blue Devils.

“We knew about the streak, but it wasn’t any big deal for us,” Duke's Thomas Hill was quoted as saying (via TucsonCitizen.com).

The Pac-10 officiating crew working the 1991 game called 35 fouls against Duke, which remains an opponent record at McKale Center, and they made a controversial call following a basket by Duke's Greg Koubek in the first overtime.

Almost a minute after Koubek's basket was ruled a three-pointer, the refs changed it to a two-point shot. Krzyzewski was livid.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    It was the 1991 game that went to double OT where there were 35 fouls called - and I was there! Thanks for the link; I remember the controversy over Koubek's 3 that they reversed and called a 2 - he was clearly behind the line! I had great seats thanks to a NICU doc I worked with, a season ticket holder, who knew I was a Duke fan. She just made me promise not to be obnoxious, which I found difficult due to the circumstances of the loss...but we got our revenge. Arizona had a great team that year though - buncha future NBA players.
    My pal Jersey Mike and I were there as well...quite memorable. The Sonora Desert Museum was swell to visit, too...

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    I don't remember that anything was reviewed -- or, heck, even mentioned. I was watching at home and thought we had won in the first OT. I had to call the Duke SID office the next day to find out what happened.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Back to the morning's disruption, I wondered if we were all, in fact, just floating out there in space with no real purpose in life.

Thank goodness devildeac answered my text early this morning!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'