Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UK Loses to Gardner Webb in Rupp!

under 8 to play.

My girlfriend is a giant Kentucky fan. OK, that came out kind of weird...she really, really likes Kentucky.
    I don't dare...right?

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My girlfriend is a giant Kentucky fan. OK, that came out kind of weird...she really, really likes Kentucky.
    I don't dare...right?
    Oh, heck yeah. You gotta!

G-Webb up by 14 with less than 6 mins to go...
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

up 14
    under 6 min to play

under 4 min to play

up 14

Cool!!

up 16

under 3 to play

UK does not have the swarming type of team they had so much under Tubby

It's ovah!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Oh, heck yeah. You gotta!
    I just did (electronically). I'm gonna be in big trouble tomorrow.

I have to admit

I went to UK for a year for my graduate studies, hated every minute of it. Being a Duke fan it was a little hard to Stomach the Bluegrass state. I know one thing for sure thought all of those people in Lexington are yelling and screaming right now, if I was Billy G I would be finding some kind of escape route from Rupp. Maybe someone should have told Patrick Patterson that when you play at Duke, you come prepared. Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Someplace in heaven, my brother is smilin' his rear end off!

He went to Gardner-Webb with Artis Gilmore.

But imagine how bad it would have been if Tubby were still coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    But imagine how bad it would have been if Tubby were still coaching.
    Oh. The humanity!

That is funny

What the headline says about Boiling Springs. But you are so right about them not liking the whole state of NC. When I lived there, 4 years ago, I swear that I could find at least one conversation a day about the Duke Kentucky game, they do not let go of anything.

A great one to be at.

Couldn't wait to get home to post about this one, so im sitting in my car on the labtop waiting to leave Rupp! Got free tickets to this one and had nothing better to do so I decided to go. Uk just didn't look anything like A&M looked last year. They did not play good defense and had really no offense going for them. Bradley(till the end of the game) Meeks, and Crawford just couldn't hit anything, which seems like a problem they had last year. Patterson looked pretty good, scored a couple garbage baskets but was there only low post presence. In summary I loved being there, nothing better than hearing 20,000 + ignorant fans being silenced at Rupp by Gardner Webb!

P.S. the greatest thing about it is that all over the Lexington-Herald Leader today it was talking all about Gillespie

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/

Will be interesting to see what it says tomorrow.
    Last edited by kydevil; 11-07-2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Bad link

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    What the headline says about Boiling Springs. But you are so right about them not liking the whole state of NC. When I lived there, 4 years ago, I swear that I could find at least one conversation a day about the Duke Kentucky game, they do not let go of anything.
    Your telling me, Try wearing Duke clothes at the mall in lexington. I get harrassed constantly. Somewhere around 17 missed calls after we lost last year to vcu

UK losing tonight is just too damn funny. We're moving up the rankings without even playing. Wait til we drop 120 or more on a few early opponents, well, maybe not that much, but it could happen. Memphis had trouble with Richmond. Not Dick Tarrant's UR squad or Joh Beilein's UR team, but the current one which has a lot of issues, IMO. And Mich St. loses an exhibition to Our Lady of Lordes? Heck, maybe I'm getting nervous

How long till people call for Gillispe's head?

Quote Originally Posted by lavell12 View Post
    How long till people call for Gillispe's head?
    I dunno, but I found this on a Uk Board that I participate in, O I can't wait for work tomorrow!

"was completely outcoached in the game today. They were out of position constantly, and played terrible defense. The offense was never in a groove and the rebounding was horrific. There is absolutely no excuse for this loss. They team was nowhere near ready to play. They were not prepared for this game."

My wife

My wife would actually wear her Duke jacket to classes there, she is a very brave soul. Whats even worse for those fans is that in Lexington last call is a midnight. So they can not even drink themselves to sleep. They are all probably at Tally Ho's now.

Reading over the UK forums, it is obvious that many are quite upset and rightfully so. Shockingly, a lot of the Mods seem to be the ones telling those to stop blaming Tubs...who is the obvious target by most fans

Well, if BG didn't know what he was getting himself into, he sure will starting tommorrow