Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: NC State 88, Duke 66 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. And remember - no venting or team/player/staff bashing.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Everything about this game was an outlier.

Our inability to make a FT, let alone a layup.

NC State’s insane 3-point shooting, despite being statistically bad from there on the season.

Seemingly every bounce going their way. That darn half court shot before the half. I could go on.

Good news is, historically Duke has done some pretty nice things in seasons we’ve lost in Raleigh. This year, all of our goals are still obtainable. Yes, we need a bit more help for a No. 1 seed, but we were always going to need SOME help. But we still have a great path to raise banners in the conference.

Let’s treat this like the outlier it is, move on, and go win the ACC.

Hideous.

That is all.

I could feel K's icy handshake to Keatts from my living room.

yikes....
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

FSU will reap the benefit of this performance. Seminoles by double digits. The farmers can't stand prosperity.

The bad news for them is that this will help him keep his job. They aren't doing anywhere with that guy.

The shot just before half time says it all.
    Some nights just stink.
    A dozen shots half way down that rattled out on our side and a half dozen that bounced in for the Pack.
    Hitting some free throws would be nice.
    Next game.
    Sheesh.

maybe we should try pink shoes

See you March 2, wolfies
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
    Some nights just stink.
    A dozen shots half way down that rattled out on our side and a half dozen that bounced in for the Pack.
    Hitting some free throws would be nice.
    Next game.
    Sheesh.
    Shoulda put some comments in the I'm Not Gonna Jinx It thread...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I understand a 10+ loss. But 20+ point loss is worrying.

We'll be lucky to make it out of the first weekend. There is something off about this team that reminds me of Rivers / Parker teams.

Disappointing to say the least. We were thoroughly outplayed in every facet of the game. No offensive or defensive game plan to speak of. Our habit of coming out flat and failing to match our opponents’ intensity at the start played out once again, and when you give an opponent confidence and a comfortable lead they all of a sudden start playing like NBA all-stars.

Carey was his usual solid self and Jones tried to do everything he could, but was forced to play beyond his abilities and then was exhausted. Nobody else really showed up. O’Connell played okay in the first half I guess. I thought Goldwire played way too many minutes, he’s had some nice offensive games but when we’re behind he doesn’t give us anything and even defensively he wasn’t able to generate much.

I’m not really one who believes in the whole “this will wake the team up, they’ll play better because of this loss” line of thinking. This was just a butt whooping, plain and simple. We had a small window in the second half where we cut the lead to 9 or 10 and could have come back had we played perfectly the rest of the game, but it just wasn’t going to happen tonight. Hard to imagine this is the same team that just beat FSU on 48 hours rest.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    FSU will reap the benefit of this performance. Seminoles by double digits. The farmers can't stand prosperity.

The bad news for them is that this will help him keep his job. They aren't doing anywhere with that guy.
    And the cheats who'll beat them by double digits at the Myth Center.

Should be a good win for the Pack's NIT seeding.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Coach K shouldn't throw anyone under the bus, but hopefully he doesn't let any of the players ride it home.

Wish I could say I was surprised. We came out flat and they didn’t. This is the same team that lost to SFA and can easily lose the first weekend. Won’t go all debbie downer, but we have depth that we should use. When we use it, we can be a thing of beauty. When we go all hero ball, you’ll get results like this. On to the next one.

Also don’t like the poor sportsmanship by K on the handshake to Keats but I guess a convo for another day.

For any “This is Spinal Tap” fans out there...this game warrants a merely two-word review

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Shoulda put some comments in the I'm Not Gonna Jinx It thread...

My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
    Some nights just stink.

Syracuse
    Arizona
    Tonight

We don't do well when someone launches a dagger at us right before half....

Let's move on. Virginia Tech Saturday night. No sense crying about this fiasco.

We've seen how good this team can be. And now we see how awful they can be. This performance was atrocious. They looked completely lost and unprepared.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Coach K shouldn't throw anyone under the bus, but hopefully he doesn't let any of the players ride it home.
    They can run behind the bus.