Post-Season Awards

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Carey or Jones will win ACC Player of the Year, but even if one or both has an amazing final 6 games I doubt they will give Duke another National Player of the Year. Carey just can't break through the discussion despite having an outstanding year. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    I think it's a pretty safe bet that Carey or Jones will win ACC Player of the Year, but even if one or both has an amazing final 6 games I doubt they will give Duke another National Player of the Year. Carey just can't break through the discussion despite having an outstanding year. Any thoughts?
    Hard to say at this point. If Carey has a big February/March as Duke wins the ACC regular season title and the ACC tourney and propels Duke to a 1 seed, he'll be in the discussion.

There are a lot of awards. Does anyone know if it is likely for Tre and Vernon to split any of the votes? I assume that ACC player of the year is simply the person with the most votes for the 1st team and voters can select more than one player. Do some of the awards only allow for a single vote?

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    I have a hard time voting for a guy who is averaging so few minutes. In our two biggest ACC games, he played 19 and 23 minutes.

So while his per-minute numbers are spectacular, it's hard to look at a big guy for NPOY who is averaging <9 boards a game.

The 17.6 PPG game isn't spectaclar in a vacuum either.

I'd see 18 and 10, or 20 and 9...
    1200. DDMF.