Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Roy is not in the dadgum President's Day spirit.
    nice
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    UNC puts the "fraud" in Schadenfreude.
    I'm fully in with this. Change the thread title to Schadenfraud Continues.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Also, since
    Duke > UNC by 2
    Duke > ND by 34
    ND > UNC by 2
    By the principle of transitivity and since UNC can only beat itself, the UNC team beat itself against Duke should beat the UNC team that beat itself against ND by 34.
    Is that right?
    just be careful. it's obvious (see your scores) how they get up for us - I worry about the game n' Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    It actually reminds me a lot of Duke 94-95. We lost so many league games that season in the final few minutes.
    In addition, the Duke-UNC game was a mirror of that season, where our underdog team very nearly pulled off the upset at home, but instead suffered a deflating loss.

Quote Originally Posted by DrChainsaw View Post
    and I witnessed a sign...

Attachment 10269

This game was in the bag.
    Airline and theatre seats with that designation also need to be posted.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    In addition, the Duke-UNC game was a mirror of that season, where our underdog team very nearly pulled off the upset at home, but instead suffered a deflating loss.
    ... both games in overtime, too.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Airline and theatre seats with that designation also need to be posted.

I guess I shouldn't run an airline. Every seat would be 9f.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    UNC puts the "fraud" in Schadenfreude.
    Roy's safe. I hear they're handing out pardons for that sort of thing these days.

Will the uncheats be a 16 seed in the NIT?I dont want this cheat team to ever leave.They are pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    It actually reminds me a lot of Duke 94-95. We lost so many league games that season in the final few minutes.
    I have been thinking this for a while. This was before Kenpom, but looking at the '95 SRS rankings, Duke finished 22(!). That is remarkable for a team that went 13-18. Goes to show you how stacked the ACC was. Any other conference, that team probably makes the tournament.

UNC is 77 this year, so a good bit worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    Will the uncheats be a 16 seed in the NIT?I dont want this cheat team to ever leave.They are pitiful.
    I for one think they are playing beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I for one think they are playing beautifully.
    Yes beautiful.Their games look like replays with my wishes coming true.

unc is rarely as bad as we expect them to be, but this year is a glorious exception.

Video compilation of UNC's close losses (5 losses, including 4 buzzer beaters). Enjoy:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28727572

This season is bringing back memories of the 01-02 UNC team that went 8-20. However, I'm enjoying this MORE because back then Duke was in the midst of a fierce rivalry with Maryland (honestly from 99-02 Maryland was maybe a bigger rival). So while it was enjoyable to see UNC terrible that year a Duke fan still had to contend with another primary rival who was stacked - and won the title. Now that rival is gonzo and only UNC is left and they're terrible. What I'm saying is BEST SCHADENFREUDE EVER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    This season is bringing back memories of the 01-02 UNC team that went 8-20. However, I'm enjoying this MORE because back then Duke was in the midst of a fierce rivalry with Maryland (honestly from 99-02 Maryland was maybe a bigger rival). So while it was enjoyable to see UNC terrible that year a Duke fan still had to contend with another primary rival who was stacked - and won the title. Now that rival is gonzo and only UNC is left and they're terrible. What I'm saying is BEST SCHADENFREUDE EVER!!
    My undergrad years coincided with the Doh era (error?) at unc, and it was interesting to note the dynamic you describe above among my Duke peers. There were/are a fair number of Duke students who grew up in Duke families and were thus well aware that unc was rival #1, and who reveled in their cratering in '02. On the other hand, there were also quite a few Duke basketball neophytes who were a bit puzzled by the schadenfreude because in their eyes, Maryland was the bigger rival anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    unc is rarely as bad as we expect them to be, but this year is a glorious exception.
    There's a secondary benefit that I've enjoyed related to unc's struggles this year.

While I haven't enjoyed the frequent comments by sportscasters that the ACC is a relatively weak conference this year, I do get some additional pleasure each time I think about who is at the bottom of our relatively weak conference. They can't even get off the bottom of the ACC in a down year.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    Doesn't the NIT require that the participating "schools" have at least a .500 record?

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Doesn't the NIT require that the participating "schools" have at least a .500 record?
    Not according to the Wikipedia page. But I don't guess the Heels could go at say 12 and 20. I think they would have to be close

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I think that used to be a requirement, but they did away with it a few years ago.