Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Signs a'changin

Not sure how soon the signs will change, but, at least the new one has a more reasonable shade of blue:

main-logo.png

"Last fall, we introduced a new strategy centered on our transformation into ONE UNC Health. Today, as a part of that strategy, I am excited to announce a new name and logo for our health system – we are UNC Health."

2/20/2020

Wesley Burks
    CEO, UNC Health
    Dean, UNC School of Medicine

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    But after two pints, the process of returning the deposit begins.
    Figured someone would extrapolate on that one...

"...Two pints o’ Sam Adams, but I’m workin’ on three, uh!"
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    Not sure how soon the signs will change, but, at least the new one has a more reasonable shade of blue:

main-logo.png

"Last fall, we introduced a new strategy centered on our transformation into ONE UNC Health. Today, as a part of that strategy, I am excited to announce a new name and logo for our health system – we are UNC Health."

2/20/2020

Wesley Burks
    CEO, UNC Health
    Dean, UNC School of Medicine
    Ha! Their football team has been wearing a better shade of blue at times/pieces for a few years now.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    But after two pints, the process of returning the deposit begins.
    Man, I'd expect better comments from this board than these piss-poor ones...

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    Man, I'd expect better comments from this board than these piss-poor ones...
    Well, after two pints, one is not exactly poor with the above...

The hottest topic on the Day IC board is the quality of the large Arby’s fish sandwich advertised during the game. Fans think it is a winner. In a more serious vein, I wonder whether UNC has mentally quit. Cole Anthony lofted up a 40 foot airball during routine play that only would be attempted in a sandlot game.

I think ole Roy is in that fetal position he referred to in his last presser lol.

Cheats looked good.

A reporter asked Ol Roy a question in the presser if he would reflect back in a month about how many injuries UNCheat has had.

Ol Roy in typical melodramatic fashion - "If I'm alive a month from now I won't look back at this crap."

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    I think ole Roy is in that fetal position he referred to in his last presser lol.

Based on the way his team has been playing, I believe you meant to say fecal position.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    Roy has positioned his band of Cheats to lose 20+ games this season. Take a wild guess as to how many Duke men’s b-ball teams have lost 20 in a season?

Cheats have 17 losses and 4 regular season games left. If they really focus, they can break the school record for most losses in a season and do it without even needing any post season games to get there. The 8-20 team needed two post seasons losses to get to 20 and set the mark. So, anyone who says they have nothing left to play for is totally uninformed.

9f
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Roy has positioned his band of Cheats to lose 20+ games this season. Take a wild guess as to how many Duke men’s b-ball teams have lost 20 in a season?
    And the Pack has never even lost 20 games in a season. If Roy can lose 22; he’s got the all time Big 4 record. Dadgum it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Cheats have 17 losses and 4 regular season games left. If they really focus, they can break the school record for most losses in a season and do it without even needing any post season games to get there. The 8-20 team needed two post seasons losses to get to 20 and set the mark. So, anyone who says they have nothing left to play for is totally uninformed.

9f
    Unless folks get/stay injured/sick I expect that they are winning two of the next four games. They can’t lose Brooks and have a chance .

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post

9f
    Is that 8-20 team standing by with Champagne a la the undefeated '72 Dolphins every year?

Not sure this is a sign of "reverse" Schadenfreude but after San Diego State lost and after Duke won big I could not get access to the DBR forum. That continued until today after I saw that Gonzaga lost.

Was this caused by all of the pessimism on this board about possibly not getting a number 1 seed? (Inquiring minds want to know).

In any event, with all of the losses yesterday my guess is that one of Louisville, FSU or Duke gets a number 1 seed if they win the regular season and the ACC tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Is that 8-20 team standing by with Champagne a la the undefeated '72 Dolphins every year?
    I'm sure Doherty is!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block