Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Roy decided to be his own natural disaster by slipping from a 'frick' to an 'eff.' Just after the 2:30 mark. Dadgummit!

Looking forward to the pious UNC fans that always chirp about K having a foul mouth suddenly being ok with F bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Roy decided to be his own natural disaster by slipping from a 'frick' to an 'eff.' Just after the 2:30 mark. Dadgummit!

It appears he's run out of material...

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    If only the Cheats had a coach who knew what a timeout is and when it might be a good idea to call one.
    Actually, Roy called two of them tonight during Notre Dame's comeback.

And, while it is wonderful to see the Heels repeatedly get their hearts ripped out, I suppose we should at least give the players some credit in that they continue to play hard. It would be easy for them to have quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Actually, Roy called two of them tonight during Notre Dame's comeback.

And, while it is wonderful to see the Heels repeatedly get their hearts ripped out, I suppose we should at least give the players some credit in that they continue to play hard. It would be easy for them to have quit.
    I can't revel in this Tarheel team's losses like usual. Maybe it is a personality defect.

Ole huck might be the least talented unc coach with the least talented team.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    It appears he's run out of material...

- Chillin
    It's called fodder, as in cannon fodder. Look under the bus, there's plenty. Not in great shape, but a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    ... I suppose we should at least give the players some credit in that they continue to play hard. It would be easy for them to have quit.
    Like being up by 15 with less than 9 minutes to go and … um … quitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I can't revel in this Tarheel team's losses like usual. Maybe it is a personality defect.
    Well, I'll try to pick up the slack for you. You're welcome. (I was a lawyer: no personality to house such a defect, nor soul, conscience …)

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    It's called fodder, as in cannon fodder. Look under the bus, there's plenty. Not in great shape, but a lot of it.

Like being up by 15 with less than 9 minutes to go and … um … quitting?

Well, I'll try to pick up the slack for you. You're welcome. (I was a lawyer: no personality to house such a defect, nor soul, conscience …)
    I can't decide which I enjoy more for those lying, cheating vermin: repeated, heart-wrenching, last second losses or a steady diet of 82-50ish. I think we need a larger sample size...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

more evidence ol' huck is a total fraud. Aint it great?

For the first time in my life, I will be rooting for UNC this weekend. I never thought it would be possible. Ever. But I’d rather see Louisville lose, given the ACC regular season race. So just this once. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I can't decide which I enjoy more for those lying, cheating vermin: repeated, heart-wrenching, last second losses or a steady diet of 82-50ish. I think we need a larger sample size...

The close ones keep the cheats (players, coaches and fans) up at night playing”What If...”. I vote for more heart-wrenching loses except when we play and then more 82-50s.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeWarhead View Post
    For the first time in my life, I will be rooting for UNC this weekend. I never thought it would be possible. Ever. But I’d rather see Louisville lose, given the ACC regular season race. So just this once. Never again.
    Nope nope nope. We do not want the cheats to get even the slightest bit of confidence back.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Looking forward to the pious UNC fans that always chirp about K having a foul mouth suddenly being ok with F bombs.
    But, but, but...

Roy immediately corrected himself with a daggumit and several frickins for extra emphasis. And he said he never swears, sooo...

And today’s internet winner is this guy...

05748B36-E4C4-4011-92FD-C58728EAE36A.jpg
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

This is the wrong answer. We control our own destiny, don't need help from the Heels.

Oh my word. Not again. Just feel sooooo bad for those poor folks in baby blue.

Stomped.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    more evidence ol' huck is a total fraud. Aint it great?
    UNC is struggling - happy to see their fans humbled for a season - but there is no evidence that he is a total fraud - he is arguably the second most successful coach currently in the game. They will be back at some point - but now we can enjoy the quiet from Chapel Hill.

sylvester.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    UNC is struggling - happy to see their fans humbled for a season - but there is no evidence that he is a total fraud - he is arguably the second most successful coach currently in the game. They will be back at some point - but now we can enjoy the quiet from Chapel Hill.
    I have to disagree with you dukelifer. Old roy is a fraud in more ways than one. He says he's a man of faith but he fails to show it in his work. 1) He lied when he told everyone that he knew nothing regarding the fake classes. 2) He says he doesn't curse but he let's the F word slip out last night. It's not the fact he lies or he curses but he wants everyone to think he's a good old country boy who is perfect. I'm far from perfect but I admit it and ask for forgiveness. I think fraud is a great word to use when discussing the cheats and their coach. I will root for whoever plays them the rest of the time I draw a breath.

GoDuke!

Oh, I forgot. What coach will let his point guard play with a blind fold over his eyes.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    UNC has had some epic collapses this season:

Wofford 32, UNC 36 at halftime
    Pitt 32, UNC 43 with 17:00 to play
    Clemson 55, UNC 66 with 5:25 to play
    UNC 49, VT 37 with 13:18 to play
    Duke 64, UNC 77 with 4:31 to play
    UNC 62, UVA 61 with 0:10 to play
    UNC 64, ND 49 with 8:39 to play
    There are a couple of narratives out there that are annoying me. The first is that UNC is unlucky by losing games on the final possession(s). Ummm, looks at post above, they are squandering some big leads, it shouldn't be getting to the last possession(s). That is the story. why is that happening? IMO, they have no leadership and chemistry issues.

The second annoying narrative ties in into the first and that is that Cole Anthony is the complete package and that the team responds to his competitiveness. IMO Cole is responsible for a lot of the collapses as he does not play any defense at the end of games and plays a lot of hero ball with low IQ, ISO plays. It feels like Cole expects to be the hero at the end and that the team hasn't bought into that. Leadership and EGO are tricky bed partners.

Having nothing to do with emotional feelings about the teams and only looking at the dispassionate rationality of a given ACC game...

If Duke wins out, the ACC regular season race takes care of itself. If Duke loses another game, the regular season race really does not matter as we will be all but locked in to a #2 seed with one more loss. What's more, if Louisville takes another loss or two, it begins to make our home loss to them look even worse. The ACC looks awful enough already, we need the good ACC teams to beat up on the bad ones down the stretch.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?