Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    he did...and got called for a foul when he put his head in front of a UVa's players elbow.

CAUTION: At the end the video gets bloody.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1228871130594906114
    Ahhh...it makes sense now. That headband was in a very weird place, especially for a player that had not previously been wearing headbands.

Glad that didn’t happen in duke game or we’d be seeing it over and over and over again on ESPN.

What is up with the blue uniforms for FSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Ahhh...it makes sense now. That headband was in a very weird place, especially for a player that had not previously been wearing headbands.

Glad that didn’t happen in duke game or we’d be seeing it over and over and over again on ESPN.
    We saw it for a really weirdly long time when it happened. ESPN held the shot on Anthony for what felt like about 10 seconds longer than made sense - long enough to air an uncensored F-bomb. It was pretty uncomfortable to watch.

he did...and got called for a foul when he put his head in front of a UVa's players elbow.
    The foul was called before the elbow, while the UVA player was on his way up and Anthony hit him on the arm. Then on the way down the elbow caught Anthony on the forehead. It was ruled incidental contact, even though the end result looked bad.

But before any UNC apologists start harping on the biased officiating, it should be noted that several minutes prior to this play almost the exact thing happened to UVA player Diakite - he got called for a foul while a UNC player was shooting, then the UNC player's elbow hit him in the face on the way down. He opted not to lie on the ground for several seconds in Christ-like fashion, so it didn't make SportsCenter.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    What is up with the blue uniforms for FSU?
    They're turquoise, as a nod to the Seminoles’ connection to the Seminole tribe (the gemstone has profound cultural significance for numerous tribes).

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    They're turquoise, as a nod to the Seminoles’ connection to the Seminole tribe (the gemstone has profound cultural significance for numerous tribes).
    Yes. There are actually a number of Nike schools that wear turquoise uniforms to honor Native American culture. And there is a Native American community outreach and fundraising/charitable donation program that accompanies the broader awareness effort with a focus on fitness and wellness in Native American communities.

And, IMO, the uniforms look fantastic.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Yes. There are actually a number of Nike schools that wear turquoise uniforms to honor Native American culture. And there is a Native American community outreach and fundraising/charitable donation program that accompanies the broader awareness effort with a focus on fitness and wellness in Native American communities.

And, IMO, the uniforms look fantastic.
    Thank you. I didn't have sound so no background on the color and don't recall seeing it before. I really like the outreach portion of the honoring of Native American culture.

Those uniforms are nice. Noticed they don't wear them very often.

FSU works closely with the Seminole Nation, and has for decades, to try to honor their spirit instead of cartooning it. Kudos to FSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Music man55 View Post
    Those uniforms are nice. Noticed they don't wear them very often.
    I think commentators said they had worn them twice each year for the past few years...always for non-conference games. This would have been the first ACC game for the turquoise unis. Maybe we will see them again, after the victory.

Commentators also said FSU requested and received permission to wear them from the tribe.

More NCAA news rather than ACC news...

But the top 7 teams (Zags, Baylor, KU, SDSU, Dayton, Duke, Maryland) have won 109 consecutive games. That will undoubtedly change this weekend with Baylor/KU 2.0, but I find it interesting that the top 7 teams have slowly separated themselves from the pack.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    Yes!! Leaky B was driving down the middle of the lane about to attempt a layup, and the whistle suddenly blows... Roy has called a timeout from the sideline 😂 This can’t get any better!!
    Thats a recent rule change, allowing a coach to call TO from the bench during live play - but only in the last 2 minutes of the 2nd half or overtime. Clearly the NCAA cost Roy this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Thats a recent rule change, allowing a coach to call TO from the bench during live play - but only in the last 2 minutes of the 2nd half or overtime. Clearly the NCAA cost Roy this game.
    Ha ha. Poor Roy was probably confused. No reason to know that rule if you never plan to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    But the top 7 teams (Zags, Baylor, KU, SDSU, Dayton, Duke, Maryland) have won 109 consecutive games. That will undoubtedly change this weekend with Baylor/KU 2.0, but I find it interesting that the top 7 teams have slowly separated themselves from the pack.
    The CBS Sports Eye on College Basketball Podcast cannot stop talking about this.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The CBS Sports Eye on College Basketball Podcast cannot stop talking about this.

I don't think the Weauxfgods were amused

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I don't think the Weauxfgods were amused
    Nope. No they weren't.

I apologize for my comment.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I see what you did there...didn't work. The Pack nipped one of those teams.

I see what you did there...didn't work. The Pack nipped one of those teams.
    Nipped is being too kind.

GoDuke!

Really intrigued to see the UVa at Pitt game tomorrow.

UVa is peaking at the right time having won 6 of 7 and they are now getting hot shooting the ball from deep. If they can continue to knock down 3s at a better clip than earlier this season, with the way they defend, they will be a tough out vs anyone and also a tough out in the ACCT and NCAAT.

Pitt is hitting a wall, having lost 4 of 5 and falling to 15-12, 6-10. As good as Capel has done restoring a winning culture at Pitt, they are staring 15-13, 6-11 (pretty mediocre/bad record) right in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Really intrigued to see the UVa at Pitt game tomorrow.

UVa is peaking at the right time having won 6 of 7 and they are now getting hot shooting the ball from deep. If they can continue to knock down 3s at a better clip than earlier this season, with the way they defend, they will be a tough out vs anyone and also a tough out in the ACCT and NCAAT.

Pitt is hitting a wall, having lost 4 of 5 and falling to 15-12, 6-10. As good as Capel has done restoring a winning culture at Pitt, they are staring 15-13, 6-11 (pretty mediocre/bad record) right in the face.
    Not commented here that I noticed, but Virginia was in drug-testing territory on Wednesday at home vs. Boston College. 78 points! Season average, including this game, is 57.6, ranking 349 out of 353 Division I teams. The previous high was 73 in a loss at Louisville. Wahoos were 10-17 from three-point range led by Woldetensae (4-8) and Huff (3-5).
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013