Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Duke v Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Lunch and dinner Saturday:

Lunch(shared platter)-pulled pork platter, double mac n cheese, cornbread was very tasty with moist smoky pork and a few burnt ends, mac n cheese almost as good as Mrs. dd's with a thick, crusty browned cheese cap and cornbread a bit on the dry side but still very good.

Dinner-sliced brisket, pulled chicken, green beans, more mac n cheese and 'nana pudding. Brisket was moist, smoky and almost melt in your mouth. Green beans with a few slivers of country ham and just salty enough to be really good. Mac n cheese-see above. Mrs. dd's 'nana pudding is better-this one could've used a few more 'nana slices but it was still worth a double (well, maybe triple) serving .

I'd certainly visit their brick and mortar joint some time at exit 319 on I-40.
    Sounds very heart healthy!!!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Lunch and dinner Saturday:

Lunch(shared platter)-pulled pork platter, double mac n cheese, cornbread was very tasty with moist smoky pork and a few burnt ends, mac n cheese almost as good as Mrs. dd's with a thick, crusty browned cheese cap and cornbread a bit on the dry side but still very good.

Dinner-sliced brisket, pulled chicken, green beans, more mac n cheese and 'nana pudding. Brisket was moist, smoky and almost melt in your mouth. Green beans with a few slivers of country ham and just salty enough to be really good. Mac n cheese-see above. Mrs. dd's 'nana pudding is better-this one could've used a few more 'nana slices but it was still worth a double (well, maybe triple) serving .

I'd certainly visit their brick and mortar joint some time at exit 319 on I-40.
    Was this from their food truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Sounds very heart healthy!!!
    Ha! We ate "small" and actually made the lunch platter last 4 meals, adding some fairly healthy slaw (not too much mayo) on Sunday evening. The dinner was included for both of us Saturday evening as part of an event package so we ate well, but not *too* well.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Was this from their food truck?
    The lunch was from the food truck. I suspect they returned to the "lab" in Benson from north Raleigh where our event took place and brought back all the large trays of brisket, chicken, beans, mac n cheese, corn bread and pudding for the evening meal
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

For burnt ends, the Smoke Pit in Salisbury is excellent! It’s on Innes St. about a 1/2 mile west of I-85 on the left side of the street.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com