View Poll Results: Which film will finish first and which will finish second at the boxoffice

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Onward (1st)

8 33.33%
  • A Quiet Place II (1st)

0 0%
  • Mulan (1st)

9 37.50%
  • Bond 25: No Time to Die (1st)

5 20.83%
  • Other film not listed (1st)

2 8.33%
  • Onward (2nd)

6 25.00%
  • A Quiet Place II (2nd)

0 0%
  • Mulan (2nd)

6 25.00%
  • Bond 25: No Time to Die (2nd)

8 33.33%
  • Other film not listed (2nd)

4 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    How did you hear that?
    You must spread some Comments around ...

Fast Nine postponed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    How did you hear that?
    Got it on the QT.

Mulan moving away from spring too. If you voted for Onward and Other, you win!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Mulan moving away from spring too. If you voted for Onward and Other, you win!
    WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! Those sneaky Chinese and their secret bio shop, working hard to ensure my fake victory!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Onward will be available for purchase tonight and on Disney+ April 3rd.

https://twitter.com/Pixar/status/124...901294082?s=20

Purchases make sense, as the theaters are mostly shut down (though I hear drive-ins are seeing increased business), so no other ways to earn revenue. I wasn't expecting it to be on Disney+ so soon, but I guess more corporate good will like the early addition of Frozen 2.

Onward is currently at $61.5 million in box office, so I guess that makes it the worst performing Pixar movie, though definitely with a big asterisk. I think The Good Dinosaur at $123 million was the previous record holder.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Not relevant to the contest, but The Invisible Man is available on Amazon Prime for $20. The previews look enticing and Mrs. Reddevil wants to see it so that will be our Saturday night.

A 96% drop from last week but moved up from #70 to #2. Gotta be some kind of record there...

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Not relevant to the contest, but The Invisible Man is available on Amazon Prime for $20. The previews look enticing and Mrs. Reddevil wants to see it so that will be our Saturday night.
    That isn't a genre that I'm typically interested in, but I agree I was intrigued by the ads/trailers. Probably not enough to pay $20 for it, but intrigued nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Fast Nine postponed as well.
    That was quick.

Didn’t see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Didn’t see that coming.
    I hear the protagonist is somewhat underdeveloped, some say transparent.

A double feature with "A Quiet Place Part II" should have you questioning your senses.

I guess that's one of the advantages of getting old, I can save the $40 and still not see or hear things for fun.

What's going to happen to all of the movies that were slated for Spring release? Will they be put on hold or is there any chance they get released on some type of pay per view?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    What's going to happen to all of the movies that were slated for Spring release? Will they be put on hold or is there any chance they get released on some type of pay per view?
    The 2021 Oscars should include "Spring Boxoffice" in their memoriam tribute.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Some will get a VOD release but most of the significant titles are simply being delayed and will be dolled out at convenient dates over the course of the next year or so. It may also mean that the big studios produce 2 or 3 fewer films in the next year or two as they parse out the held-back titles into free spots on the calendar. Don't forget that film production has ground to a halt right now so stuff that was supposed to shoot this spring for a Nov or Dec release won't get made in time. Everything just gets pushed back... whether that push back is 3 months or 6 or 12 is in the hands of the medical experts.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Some will get a VOD release but most of the significant titles are simply being delayed and will be dolled out at convenient dates over the course of the next year or so. It may also mean that the big studios produce 2 or 3 fewer films in the next year or two as they parse out the held-back titles into free spots on the calendar. Don't forget that film production has ground to a halt right now so stuff that was supposed to shoot this spring for a Nov or Dec release won't get made in time. Everything just gets pushed back... whether that push back is 3 months or 6 or 12 is in the hands of the medical experts.
    In the case of movies that are still shooting or haven't even started they might be pushed back to never.

Everything is up in the air. I expect more films to get pushed to later release dates. It is not like theaters are going to reopen and people will just go back to going to the theater. This is going to be a huge reset in the industry that will play out over more than a year.

Lots of players are going to be sitting on the sidelines, waiting to see what the new landscape will be.

Meanwhile, studios will get a suddenly clear landscape to experiment with various ways of monetizing streaming services.

How happy do you think the Mouse is that Disney+ rolled out when it did?

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Everything is up in the air. I expect more films to get pushed to later release dates. It is not like theaters are going to reopen and people will just go back to going to the theater. This is going to be a huge reset in the industry that will play out over more than a year.

Lots of players are going to be sitting on the sidelines, waiting to see what the new landscape will be.

Meanwhile, studios will get a suddenly clear landscape to experiment with various ways of monetizing streaming services.

How happy do you think the Mouse is that Disney+ rolled out when it did?
    Not relevant to this thread at all, but how long can ESPN float with zero content?