View Poll Results: Which film will finish first and which will finish second at the boxoffice

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Onward (1st)

8 33.33%
  • A Quiet Place II (1st)

0 0%
  • Mulan (1st)

9 37.50%
  • Bond 25: No Time to Die (1st)

5 20.83%
  • Other film not listed (1st)

2 8.33%
  • Onward (2nd)

6 25.00%
  • A Quiet Place II (2nd)

0 0%
  • Mulan (2nd)

6 25.00%
  • Bond 25: No Time to Die (2nd)

8 33.33%
  • Other film not listed (2nd)

4 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So you're saying I should just ignore this email I received 20 minutes ago?

2020-03-04 11_25_36-NO TIME TO DIE_ Reserve Your Seats.jpg

Isn’t “No Time To Die” the message we need now though?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Isn’t “No Time To Die” the message we need now though?
    Must spread sporks, but you slayed me with that bit of gallows humor.

...and this is why I didn't pick James Bond

Disney and Pixar movies are for little kids who will drag their parents to the movies regardless of the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    ... The James Bond film, No Time To Die, has been moved from an April release to November. Theaters across the world, especially in Asia, are I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. down or in a major slump because of the Coronavirus and Universal has decided it wants to wait to release NTTD at a time when it can maximize boxoffice returns. ...

-Jason "sorry... " Evans
    How about a contest guessing: 1) what Jason typed, and 2) what Jason meant to type!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    How about a contest guessing: 1) what Jason typed, and 2) what Jason meant to type!
    Common cell-phone typo right there. I, too, enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    "Shut down"... but the "u" and the "i" are right next to each other on the keyboard.

Hadn't even noticed that I had done that. Ha!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Given the absurd running length, any chance they do some re-edits now that they have more time?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Given the absurd running length, any chance they do some re-edits now that they have more time?
    You know that's going to drive the director crazy, sitting on it with all that time to make a few changes.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Sad to say but this contest has been canceled. The James Bond film, No Time To Die, has been moved from an April release to November. Theater across the world, especially in Asia, are I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. down or in a major slump because of the Coronavirus and Universal has decided it wants to wait to release NTTD at a time when it can maximize boxoffice returns.

The departure of this film from our contest is not a minor move. It completely changes virtually every guess we made so I am shutting it down. Just does not make sense any longer. Sorry...

-Jason "sorry... we await our regular summer contest at this point" Evans
    Bummer. I've been asking adolescents in my office all week what movie they wanted to see this Spring. Onward and Mulan have been the top responses. (Not what I had picked.) I'm still interested to see what happens with this. Those definitely would not have been the movies I would have gone to see as an adolescent. NTTD - absolutely. And my wife will have me there in November when it's released.

Sad to say but this contest has been canceled.
    Realizing a State fan was going to win, Duke fans take their ball and go home.

I see how it is...just beat the Cheaters and all will be forgiven.

Contingency plans should be put in place for the Top Movies of Summer 2020 contest.

Or maybe people will just have to factor in additional potential delays when making picks?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Contingency plans should be put in place for the Top Movies of Summer 2020 contest.

Or maybe people will just have to factor in additional potential delays when making picks?
    Irony is that Bond will make more money now, but won't be a contender in a contest.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Irony is that Bond will make more money now, but won't be a contender in a contest.
    It'll be a strong contender in the Winter contest, don't you think?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

It'll be a strong contender in the Winter contest, don't you think?
    I ain't voting for it. So no.

(I'm sure people will vote for it, but it won't be a top 5)

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I ain't voting for it. So no.

(I'm sure people will vote for it, but it won't be a top 5)
    Here are what I expect to be the top films this winter:

Venom 2, Halloween Kills, Eternals, Godzilla vs. Kong, No Time to Die, Raya and the Last Dragon, Dune, Coming to America 2, West Side Story, Tom and Jerry, The Last Duel, Shang-Chi. and then probably a few Oscar contenders or films that have not been announced yet.

It is a diverse field with some really interesting choices.

Here are what I expect to be the top films this winter:

Venom 2, Halloween Kills, Eternals, Godzilla vs. Kong, No Time to Die, Raya and the Last Dragon, Dune, Coming to America 2, West Side Story, Tom and Jerry, The Last Duel, Shang-Chi. and then probably a few Oscar contenders or films that have not been announced yet.

It is a diverse field with some really interesting choices.
    Finally watched Godzilla 2 last night. Whew, that was bad. But it was fun to see the eggs planted for GVK. I have no doubt that it will be bad, too, and I will be surprised if it is even in the top 8 of winter movies.

Good thing for me that the contest was cancelled, because I would have lost.
    I intentionally did not select Mulan, and it is getting love of wow factor proportions.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...ial-reactions/

A Quiet Place II has also been postponed:

https://twitter.com/johnkrasinski/st...017371137?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    A Quiet Place II has also been postponed:

https://twitter.com/johnkrasinski/st...017371137?s=20
    How did you hear that?