View Poll Results: Which film will finish first and which will finish second at the boxoffice

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Onward (1st)

8 33.33%
  • A Quiet Place II (1st)

0 0%
  • Mulan (1st)

9 37.50%
  • Bond 25: No Time to Die (1st)

5 20.83%
  • Other film not listed (1st)

2 8.33%
  • Onward (2nd)

6 25.00%
  • A Quiet Place II (2nd)

0 0%
  • Mulan (2nd)

6 25.00%
  • Bond 25: No Time to Die (2nd)

8 33.33%
  • Other film not listed (2nd)

4 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Not relevant to the contest, but The Invisible Man is available on Amazon Prime for $20. The previews look enticing and Mrs. Reddevil wants to see it so that will be our Saturday night.
    Did Invisible Man get released in A Quiet Place, too?

I don't follow these things.

()
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Not relevant to this thread at all, but how long can ESPN float with zero content?
    Excellent question. I consume far less ESPN content than I used to, but that has dropped to zero since Carolina got run out of Greensboro and the State v Duke game was cancelled.

Not relevant to this thread at all, but how long can ESPN float with zero content?
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Excellent question. I consume far less ESPN content than I used to, but that has dropped to zero since Carolina got run out of Greensboro and the State v Duke game was cancelled.
    We don't get the ACCN -- what are they showing?

Regardless, this will not help ACCN's argument with Comcast that the channel is worth the asking price. Which will also hurt ACCN's owner -- ESPN (which in turn is owned by Walt Disney 80% and Hearst Communications 20%).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    We don't get the ACCN -- what are they showing?

Regardless, this will not help ACCN's argument with Comcast that the channel is worth the asking price. Which will also hurt ACCN's owner -- ESPN (which in turn is owned by Walt Disney 80% and Hearst Communications 20%).
    Going further off topic, what happens if there's no college football this fall? Those massive TV contracts are going to look pretty silly. Not sure who would be responsible for the default - colleges not playing football, or TV channels for not having anything to advertise with.

Going further off topic, what happens if there's no college football this fall? Those massive TV contracts are going to look pretty silly. Not sure who would be responsible for the default - colleges not playing football, or TV channels for not having anything to advertise with.
    Probably neither as the situation is beyond the forseeability or control of either party.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Probably neither as the situation is beyond the forseeability or control of either party.
    That's going to potentially be a massive shortfall in college athletics budgets.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/barba...120214825.html

Shark Tank host thinks most of her small business investments won't make it to the other side of this crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Did Invisible Man get released in A Quiet Place, too?

I don't follow these things.

()
    Invisible Man did get a couple weeks of release before the industry shut down. It is currently on demand and is a pretty good thriller. Quiet Place 2 was never released and will be on hold until things open up again.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Tom Cruise, bored with breaking bones on filmsets, shifts to breaking bad news on Twitter:
    I know many of you have waited 34 years. Unfortunately, it will be a little longer. Top Gun: Maverick will fly this December. Stay safe, everyone.

Portrait of a Lady on Fire is now streaming on Hulu. Shocked it wasn't France's Oscar nomination last year.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Portrait of a Lady on Fire is now streaming on Hulu. Shocked it wasn't France's Oscar nomination last year.
    France chose Les Misérables to be the Oscar contender instead. It was not a poor choice as Les Mis was one of the five nominees and it won a slew of awards in other competitions. It is not like Lady on Fire or anything else had a chance to win the Oscar against Parasite anyway.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

So, Jason, looking at the podcasts for J&J, the last one was February 4th. Any chances you will review anything any time soon? I know these aren't ideal conditions, but perhaps you could both stream one of the early release movies and then record the podcast afterwards?

I know they are not the best films, but I'm looking for a return to normalcy that doesn't include going to a beach..

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, Jason, looking at the podcasts for J&J, the last one was February 4th. Any chances you will review anything any time soon? I know these aren't ideal conditions, but perhaps you could both stream one of the early release movies and then record the podcast afterwards?

I know they are not the best films, but I'm looking for a return to normalcy that doesn't include going to a beach..
    Awww, thanks. I'm thinking maybe we do some classics or something like that some time soon. I dunno how much appetite there is for reviews of the current streaming stuff. Thanks for asking and let me think about it bit more.