Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First points of the season for Mike Buckmire. Also Justin added to his insane blocks/min stats. Generally great production from the role players, and great play from the "stars".
    You could even see K giving the slow-down signals with about 10 to go. We coulda scored 120 if K didn't a) respect Brey so much b) respect the idea of sportmanship.

Anything on Cassius' eye injury yet?

Anyone notice Tyus sporting that hoodie that looked like the Brotherhood jerseys? That was nice. Where can I get one?!?!
    Last edited by DUKIECB; 02-15-2020 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Typo

Any info on Stanley's eye injury? K said he was accidentally poked by a Manager on post game radio, but I did not hear any prognosis. Thanks to our friends in Clemson, we now are in the lead for the #1 ACC Tourney seed, which would huge as we would only have to beat either Cards or Noles, not both.

With Stanley out we had Vernon, tre and Jordan as very reliable players. Alex, Jack and Javin played nervously in the first half but Alex picked it up in the second half and had a nice game as a result. We need Stanley back and for Wendell to be less TO prone with the ball. I love his toughness and defense so getting a whole package woul be great for the team. Hurt also had another good game. Very encouraging.

A thirty four point win against a team that had played others close was very impressive. Look ahead to NC State. Keep fighting and improving and we will be allright.

Just like old times.

No Stanley, no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    AOC only plays well when we're up 10 or down 10.
    FSU would likely disagree.
    AOC made a couple of big shots in the second half when things were tight.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    First points of the season for Mike Buckmire.
    We may have been without Cash tonight, but at least we had a Buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Anything on Cassius' eye injury yet?
    Wait and see.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Anyone notice Tyus sporting that hoodie that looked like the Brotherhood jerseys? That was nice. Where can I get one?!?!
    Play for Coach K.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Wait and see.
    Hopefully Cassius will!

Notre Dame’s chances of competing relied on shooting well, taking good care of the ball, limiting Carey’s chances, and having us shoot poorly. Even then it would have been a struggle. They failed on all four counts, and got housed.

Nice win. Hopefully we can build on this and win in Raleigh.

Brey is a funny guy

Beginning of Mike Brey’s opening statement: “That counted as one loss? That counted as one league loss? Okay, I can live with that.”

https://goduke.com/documents/2020/2/...ent_Quotes.pdf

I just finished watching the 13:10 - 9:10 stretch in the second half for the fourth time, from AOC's three of the inbounds to kick it off to Hurt's three from the top of the arc. I highly recommend this, it's goosebump-inducing every time. All five players score, three of them hit threes, it includes AOC's incredible block, and in four minutes they go from 56 to 77 points...a 21-point lightning surge. It's some of the most fun I've had watching Duke all year.

Speaking more broadly, this game is exactly what the Dr. ordered tonight. We suffered enough for our wins last week, this felt like the universe rewarding us for that effort with a game that was just pure joy almost from start to finish. Definite nitpicks on Wendell and Jack, but it doesn't feel like the time for it. This was just awesome.

For people who were there, was it as loud in that stretch I describe as it seemed from watching on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Stat stuffer? O'Connell in 22 minutes had a line of 12-5-3-4-1. Five of 12 shooting (2-5 from 3), one TO, one PF.
    If he had one TO some stats were misattributed. No way.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRyan View Post
    I just finished watching the 13:10 - 9:10 stretch in the second half for the fourth time, from AOC's three of the inbounds to kick it off to Hurt's three from the top of the arc. I highly recommend this, it's goosebump-inducing every time. All five players score, three of them hit threes, it includes AOC's incredible block, and in four minutes they go from 56 to 77 points...a 21-point lightning surge. It's some of the most fun I've had watching Duke all year.

Speaking more broadly, this game is exactly what the Dr. ordered tonight. We suffered enough for our wins last week, this felt like the universe rewarding us for that effort with a game that was just pure joy almost from start to finish. Definite nitpicks on Wendell and Jack, but it doesn't feel like the time for it. This was just awesome.

For people who were there, was it as loud in that stretch I describe as it seemed from watching on TV?
    My watch registered 100 dB.

We missed quite a few opportunities to open up a big lead in the first half, although the ten point halftime margin was good. ugh we took the three away from them very well, although it opened up the inside a bit for DURHAM, in particular. They didn’t take advantage of it as much as they could have; they missed a few opportunities as well.

That stretch in the second before the second median TO (which was at about 8:40, it was just continuous action) was one of the best stretches in a few years. Just total dominance. Surprised Coach Brey didn’t call his last timeout during it, but there wasn’t much that they could do. God Coach K called off the dogs with about six minutes remaining, or it could have been a forty point or more beat down.

I can recall at least two tos for AOC.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    My watch registered 100 dB.

We missed quite a few opportunities to open up a big lead in the first half, although the ten point halftime margin was good. ugh we took the three away from them very well, although it opened up the inside a bit for DURHAM, in particular. They didn’t take advantage of it as much as they could have; they missed a few opportunities as well.

That stretch in the second before the second median TO (which was at about 8:40, it was just continuous action) was one of the best stretches in a few years. Just total dominance. Surprised Coach Brey didn’t call his last timeout during it, but there wasn’t much that they could do. God Coach K called off the dogs with about six minutes remaining, or it could have been a forty point or more beat down.
    Was also stunned he didn't use a TO there. There were four or five times where it would have been appropriate, ha. Thanks for the DB reading.

My son texted me a photo today about noon...he and Tyus Jones on the campus. He was showing a friend around the campus...ran into Tyus....who took a photo of them. Tyus is one of his all time Duke faves.

I missed most of the second half...gonna have to find some highlights.