Duke game stats 1946-47

Does anyone know where I could find game stats from the 1946-47 season? Trying to research the duke v Georgia Tech game from Feb 1947. Tbanks

Quote Originally Posted by lrjacobson View Post
    Does anyone know where I could find game stats from the 1946-47 season? Trying to research the duke v Georgia Tech game from Feb 1947. Tbanks
    I'd check with BD80 as he might have them etched on his stone tablets somewhere...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Here you go: http://dukehana.lsiconsulting.com:80...me_id=19470215

I have bookmarked the Duke BB archives as Duke Basketball Stats Guru, which may offer some clues to the files on GoDuke.com.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Obscure request. From the box above, those teams were really bad at rebounding😀.

Backstory?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Obscure request. From the box above, those teams were really bad at rebounding😀.

Backstory?
    dean's myth hadn't invented that stat, pushing from behind or pointing yet.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

I have bookmarked the Duke BB archives as Duke Basketball Stats Guru, which may offer some clues to the files on GoDuke.com.

That's exactly what I was looking for. There is an auction on eBay for a ticket to that game but it says it was played at the "Duke University Gym" and everything I have seen says the game was played at GT. Could it have been a freshman game???

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

Observations:

1. Georgia Tech players didn't even have first names back then. This was so long ago that Bobby Cremins had dark hair.

2. Concessions were provided by The Varsity, a popular local eatery. Unsold hot dogs from that game are still available today.

3. Turnovers were not recorded, but witnesses say that John Seward called a timeout that Duke did not have in the final minute, adding a bit of drama to the game. It became known as "Seward's Folly".

4. Every player in the game committed a foul except Duke's Carl Sapp, which was the origin of the fan chant "Carly Doesn't Foul!".

5. The lead official was Randall "Radio" Valentine.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Observations:

1. Georgia Tech players didn't even have first names back then. This was so long ago that Bobby Cremins had dark hair.

2. Concessions were provided by The Varsity, a popular local eatery. Unsold hot dogs from that game are still available today.

3. Turnovers were not recorded, but witnesses say that John Seward called a timeout that Duke did not have in the final minute, adding a bit of drama to the game. It became known as "Seward's Folly".

4. Every player in the game committed a foul except Duke's Carl Sapp, which was the origin of the fan chant "Carly Doesn't Foul!".

5. The lead official was Randall "Radio" Valentine.
    6. The game was sponsored by Del Monte, who provided the peach baskets.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust